Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What Is The Point Of Carol's Existence?

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by asdf, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Sasha Dixon

Sasha Dixon New Member

No. Her and Morgan don't seem too concerned with Alexandria and Alexandria doesn't seem too concerned with them. Its like Maggie and Beth all over again.

2. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I've got to re-watch the MSF, but, I'm tossing some things around.

If there's anything I've learned with Carol these past few seasons, it's that there's a rhyme to her reason. Like when she did that whole cookie cutter housewife deal when they first got to Alexandria and then BOOM.

While right now it seems like she just wants to be left in her seclusion, I just have this feeling there's something else at work here. Again, I've not read the comics (other than random scans) so I don't know if this is in there.

Carol is very multi-dimensional, she just doesn't show it. I think she's got something up her sleeve somehow. Think about it, Ezekiel saw through ass-kissing routine, and confronted her about it. She knows now that cover is blown, and she's got to re-think things.

She doesn't know about Glenn and Abraham's deaths at this point, but possibly, whatever she IS really thinking about or planning, that would be the ultimate catalyst to set it in motion.

You know she wasn't just sitting there eating pomegranates by the fire contemplating life. She's forming a plan.

I realize this is my own theorizing and I could be way out in left field but, I feel like they're showing us this for some larger purpose.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Znuts

Znuts Member

No, Carol and Morgan do not know about Glenn and Abraham. Carol left towards the end of season 6 and Rick and Morgan went after her. Rick turned back for ASZ at that farm and Morgan carried on until he found Carol and came across Richard from the Kingdom and they went straight there. Neither of them have been outside of the Kingdom this season so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Except that Carol is outside of the Kingdom in her Little House on the Prairie for some idiotic reason that only could make sense to her?

Please don't let her know I said so too!

5. Znuts

Znuts Member

If she calls me in from across the field just to tell me to leave, I will leave your comment out of the conversation. Haha.

6. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

The whole "sit on a couch, peacefully reading a book" thing annoyed the hell out of me. I realize this is just setting her up for a badass comeback but she knows better than that.

#26 RatFeeder, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. J K

J K Member

This whole Carol wanting to be left alone is just ponderous at this point, FFS we get it already. The scenes with her and Morgan do nothing for me, we know where she is, we know she wants to be left alone. Might as well leave those conversations out and fill some screen time with others and come back to her when she's ready to actually do something relevant.

I'm sure this all a laborious way to set up another Terminus style return, yay!!!

I love Carol/Melissa McBride BTW, I really don't like what they've done with her.

8. BNat66

BNat66 New Member

[video=youtube;v1dW6QLkEno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dW6QLkEno[/video]

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

So dumb that Carol thinks she can live a peaceful life in a house by herself within walking distance from all the madness.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is called DENIAL!

Which actually does flow through both Alexandria Egypt and Alexandria Va.!
    As we now see.:hatchet:

#30 EZD, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I love it -- a death metal version of Easy Street. PERFECT for her relationship with Darryl
    Perfect for Carol's story and the story line.

12. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Carol's current state is similar to Rick and his mental breakdown when he refused to carry a weapon and prefered to be a "farmer", as he was called.
    Even though it's understandable, it happened a bit too quickly in my opinion. I wonder if her concussion had something to do with it?

It seems that she currently doesn't really know what's right and wrong anymore. While she had a clear direction ever since she was freed from her tyrannical husband, and always did what she thought she had to do, no matter who had to die, she now has doubts. If I'm not mistaken, it happened when she banged her head and was confronted by Morgan who told her his philosophy of a second chance.
    Her zero-tolerance stance began to totter by Morgan's no-kill-motto, especially when she saw that Owen sacrificed himself for Denise after he got shot in the chest by Carol.

Additionally to that I believe that she can't stand to lose anyone anymore, so she hides.

My guess is that it won't last long. As soon as she learns of Glenn and Abe's death and what's going on with the Survivors, she will probably get back to her former self and might even lead the "Kingdom" to war against Negan.
    I hope.