Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What is Wildfire?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Wildfire' started by Walker Bait, Oct 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Was gonna post this under the episode 105 board, but that's a pretty dead board and this is really a more general question about the show.

Is Wildfire a condition in an outbreak or the CDC codename for the phenomenon of reanimation?

I'm just trying to piece together a general timeline. There's 131 days between Wildfire being "declared" and the "disease" abruptly going global. I'm just wondering if Wildfire being declared is the ground zero event or if it's when the CDC realized it had potential to become a pandemic.

When I first heard Jenner talking about Wildfire being declared, I thought Wildfire was a condition. But on second thought I think the timing would work much better if Wildfire was just the first recorded incident of reanimation.

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

3. Chreees

Chreees Member

I don't think we really have enough details to know all that...

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

^ This. Nobody knows.

Moved to the Wildfire Forum.

5. Dead man walking

Sadly nobody asked the right questions during the first series (and now it's season 3 already) which is pretty strange. If I were Rick after I got out of hospital having missed everything it would have been the first question on my lips with the first people I met, like; 'What the **** is going on? What the **** happened - somebody fill me in please?' Alas, no. He just shrugged his shoulders and accepted that walkers exist, no questions.

And with Jenner too, it would have been the only questions around the 'dinner table', never mind pointless 'chit chat' which seems to fill too much airtime in these shows for me. No one gets to the nitty gritty and asks the serious questions, which you would in real life. Or maybe it is very American - but us Brits would simply get to the point.

Let's be honest, not much point revealing this stuff in season 5 or 6.

6. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

In the end... I think it is simply that it is a television show based off a comic book, not a science journal. I kind of like not knowing. I guess I like enough about everything else that it isn't as important to me why these people are being eaten alive anymore. Just knowing that they are is enough.:Grin:

7. Chreees

Chreees Member

We're not supposed to know.

8. NameTaker

NameTaker Member

I think it is weird that Rick never really questioned either the origins of the disease, or what happened to everyone who was around to see the world go to hell. If there really was four months between the first problem that arose with the virus, which Jenner refers to as wildfire, and the day the disease went global, there must have been news and research going on.