Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What movie scared the SH*T out of you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Chuckernaut, Apr 24, 2014.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

My parents never took me to see scary movies when I was a kid. I had to be content with old horror movies they showed on Sat. afternoon TV, like Werewolf in the Girls Dormitory, lol. But when I was in college, I went to see the Exorcist. Scared the shit out of me. To this day, I won't re-watch it and for the longest time I wouldn't watch any movies that had anything to do with Satan or demons.

2. Charmander

Charmander Member

Lol everyone's talking about Horror movies. I used to get scared by anything, I couldn't even watch Buffy until I was 13. :p

3. Airborne

Airborne Member

IT!

That thing haunted my dreams. The creepy music, him coming out of the water drains, when he was a spider. The flashback scenes, the balloon scene, oh man.

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Picture this, bright sunny day, long hot summers, you live it stifling Florida, where the beaches are great, only 30 minutes away, and then they release the block buster hit, JAWS, and the news starts showing the helicopter shots of the sharks swimming between the shore and the swimmers, so much for a summer of fun at the beaches, and never at night because of the scene of the skinny dipper at night. Then about the time that wears off a few years down the line, they put the Exorcist on tv, so if you were to young to see it in the theaters you can catch it at home and be freaked out, but i loved the Rottweilers in it, which is why I have them now. Next, about the time you get over that, you go see Poltergeist in the theaters, and stay up all night staring at your stuffed toys because of that f**king stupid clown. I still think about sharks at the beach.

5. Lt. Col. Cookie

You were one badass kid..

I've never seen JAWS but I did see that Piranha 3D movie and not even that stopped me from going to the beach. Now, the big purple flags stuck in the sand kinda scared me since I was afraid of a manta ray jumping out of the sand and attacking my feet lol. Weird kid eh?

6. Lt. Col. Cookie

I never really watched a horror film as a child because my parents had prohibited it from me since I would have nightmares due to just about anything. But one day late at night I was watching TV, surfing through the guide and it said "The Grudge" and little me thought The Grudge and The Grinch were the same thing so I put it hoping to find Christmas fun. I couldn't find the recall button fast enough

7. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

I just had the same morbid and twisted sense of humor then as I do now. :D

8. Lt. Col. Cookie

Then you must be a very pleasant person worth meeting :zombies_lol: I can just imagine you in parties and reunions

9. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Oh most definitely, I'm the life of the party. LOL

10. KBDE

KBDE Member

Yes IT is the only movie that seriously creeped me out when i've seen it as a kid.
    I've had nightmares for weeks if not months. Those baloons, or the sink, and a lot of little things.... brrrr

It's also the time i learned lucid dreaming so i managed to get over it.

Did you ever try to rewatch it to see if its still as bad as you remembered?

#110 KBDE, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  11. Airborne

Airborne Member

Yep. I rewatched it once and it was still freaky to me but not as scary as it used to be. But it's still creepy, the one scene that still gets me is the one where that kid is like on the lake and it's like a flashback and the clown pops up.

12. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

The Poltergeist trilogy, esp. numbers I and III.

13. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

This might sound kinda silly but watership down. I think I saw that movie way to young. I think my folks were thinking it would be more of a kids cartoon. It is not. Especially when your room is wallpapered with dozens and dozens of bunnys!

Twighlight zone the movie also, when that rabbit comes out of the hat, and also the creature on the wing. OMG

Ok one non-bunny one but poltergiste that sceen in the bedroom with the little clown and the tree. Who hasn't been completely flipped out over noises and shadows in their bedroom as a youngen haha

#113 Watching Dead, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  14. Lupey

Lupey Member

As a kid growing up on an island. Jaws.

15. Morton

Morton New Member

In childhood the most terrifying film for me was definitely The Thing. The second most scary film was The Evil Dead 1.

16. CampFire

CampFire Member

Evil Dead, The Fly (the transformation, so disgusting :eek: ) and the Exorcist. I was allowed to watch vampire movies, the old ones with Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee when I was a kid.

17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I started watching horror films at 9, watched lots of Friday the 13th, Halloween and pretty much all films named in this thread and I was pretty fine with it. One film that creeped me out is Cathy's Curse. It's a cheapo crappy film with bad acting and terrible effects, but to this day I'm still very uncomfortable with quite a few scenes in there. I think the fact that it's so bad but done so seriously makes it very abject to me.

Anyway, if you're curious to see how bad it is.... :)

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this will be my daughter. She's 4 now and is always asking me to watch scary stuff. Her favorite Christmas movie since last year is the Grinch (with Jim Carrey). She hides from some parts that she finds scary, so i'll say i can turn it off and she's like "NO MAMA I LIKE IT!" as she peeks out from behind something. She also begs me to watch The Walking Dead with me, and when I tell her it's too scary she's like "I'm brave." I still would like to wait as long as possible before allowing those images into her little brain LOL.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That's adorable!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

When I was 7 or 8 years old my older brother thought it would be wise to take me with him to see Dracula starring Frank Langella. The scene with the 3 female vampires coming for Harker caused me to start screaming. He had to take me out of the theatre leaving his date there.

• Funny Funny x 2