Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What movie scared the SH*T out of you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Chuckernaut, Apr 24, 2014.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The Exorcist. I stood behind the TV during the worst parts and had my sister tell me when it was safe to sit back down.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can't remember watching many scary movies as a kid...but when i was 11, Fire in the Sky was in the theater and my Aunt took me and my sister who was 10. We were freaked out about the part where the aliens are experimenting on the human and slowly lowered a needle in his eye. So after that, we'd hold eachother down and pretend we were about to poke the others' eye and say "FIRE IN THE SKYYYYY."

#122 Jen7, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

My Grandma used to get me and my sister to stay up late with her and watch 'the spookers', which is what she called them. So we saw everything.

There's a movie called 'Burnt Offerings' that scared me. There's a horrible looking guy who drives a hearse in it. SCARY.

Also 'The Other', about a kid who is his dead twin and murders people. Very creepy and good.

Those are both pretty old, but both good I think, and ones most people probably haven't seen.

My mom wouldn't let us watch The Exorcist as kids, she said it was too scary. I finally saw it as an adult and I was like what? This is just silly...

The Exorcist 3 (the one with George C. Scott), now THAT is some scary shit.

4. PepperAnn

Ooooh, I have not seen any of the sequels.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The second one isn't anything, but the THIRD one is amazing.

6. PepperAnn

Is that the one with the patient that crawls on the ceiling?

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

YES!!!

8. PepperAnn

I’ve seen parts. I should give it a revisit.

9. PepperAnn

When im not alone. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That wasn't supposed to be an Exorcist sequel, but an adaptation of another William Peter Blatty novel, Legion. They started filming, with Brad Dourif as Legion, but decided to add all the Exorcist stuff, so the character's played by two guys... They were lucky the thing holds together, the result is indeed very good (but not close to the original, IMO).

You've got a queue now, better get to it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. CampFire

CampFire Member

Wanna know what my parents did when I wanted to watch vampire movies with them?
    I had to promise not to cry, not to turn on the lights and go to my room all alone...after the movie.
    If I broke the rules I wouldnt be allowed to ever watch another one with them. That was their plan actually.
    So I promised. I went to the door, slipped through and out of my parents sight, pressed my back against the wall walking until I reached my room. Corridors can be really dark and terrrifying when you are only 7 years old.
    When I saw my bed I ran to it and hid under the blanket without crying audibly. I was scared but never admitted it. My ticket for another movie.
    I have 2 older brothers...and they had their bedrooms downstairs with the basement very close. So I was lucky after all being the baby of the family. :D

I´d do the same with my kid (if I had one)...my husband isnt convinced at all. He hates the horror genre.

• Funny Funny x 2