Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What surprised you the most?

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Morgotha, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

For me the most surprising thing in the episode was that Daniel let himself be separated from his wife. Based on his past experience, people being "taken away" were killed, and from his personality so far I'd think he'd have rather shot it out with the soldiers that let her just be taken. I guess in the end he bowed to authority, but it surprised me.

I was also surprised that the military came and did these pick-ups in the middle of the night, when most people wouldn't be up to see and resist. That to me is a bad sign, and couple that with Travis seeing someone firing in the building across the hill means it's probably time to have a moment's notice plan to get out of Dodge. If he wasn't willing to believe bad things about the Army before, he should be now.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I was surprised by what Madison discovered outside the fences. All those innocent people shot dead. and I was also surprised that when Travis finally noticed the signal from that outside survivor he also witnessed them murdered in cold blood.

3. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It surprised me that nothing really happened again.

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I was suprised Maddie didn't see any walkers.. I was hoping for something like Rick ran into in Atlanta..I mean, LA has 10 times the population of Atlanta...Lame.

5. Morgotha

I figure there has to be a second fence out there beyond the view of the community, so the area around the camp is like a "no-mans land". If not, I agree, there should be wall to wall walkers out there.

6. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I too was surprised Daniel didn't fight harder to stay with his wife. I was also surprised:

-Everyone was dead once Maddie got outside of the fence. I figured there would be some walkers

-Ophelia was strategic enough to flirt with the soldier for meds/info. She adapts well apparently.

-The main military commander saying "Listen up, don't want to have to shoot you" (or something like that) and no one batting an eye. Even if it was taken as a bad joke, I still think it would've ruffled someone's feathers.

-There wasn't more of an effort for Chris to run to his mom and see whats going on/Liza run up to the house and say good bye to Chris

-Nick was stealing Morphine from an old guy. I figured he'd steal from the Tran's who are no longer there, not the living residents still there.

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

...and they built several safe zones and put up back up fences around a sprawling Metropolis like Los Angeles in 9 days?
    also, set up military portocal with a Dr. making the rounds for taking people from their homes to a hospital facility to maybe do experiments on...all that in 9 days...

#7 mtito914, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

With constant sweeps they could keep the streets clear in a concentrated area away from a heavily populated area. Not sure of the geography but they look a both isolated and uphill making it easier to protect.

9. Morgotha

If they didn't, where are all the walkers? There should be a LOT of them, or at the very least the sound of constant gunfire from the military units.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The entire 9 day jump and the thought that the city is both vacant and under control of any kind is just impossible to accept.

If the numbers in the StorySync map are of the people in the safe zones then there are roughly 12 Million people missing by a quick count?

WTF?

11. yuke

yuke Member

I'm surprised that there is no one within eye shot of their zone. Where did everyone go? Leaving town only explains half of the people not being around anymore. Why aren't people or walkers running up to their zone when its a city of 14 million or so.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I don't care what anyone says, using a 9 day time lapse between episodes, at the best part of the ZA was a low down dirty slap in the face...and the ultimate in LAZZZZY writing ! Soon as the kid said 9 days went by, I knew we were phucked ..

13. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I agree with this wholeheartedly!!

"Start of the outbreak", "Slow and gradual" my ass. Such a cop out.

14. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Yeah that was pretty stupid. A National Guard troop is going to have more sense than that; they do get called up for and practice relief operations and dealing with the public. They're making him into LT Neidermayer.

15. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

Totally, couldn't believe it when he said that. Total slap in the face, feel totally cheated of all the important action. We're just seeing the equivalent of woodbury now. Also as people are saying how did the city empty so quickly and why didn't these people leave too?! when was this fence put up?! How did the city get over-run? we'd seen what, 10 (maximum) zombies up to this point

16. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I was also suprised that there wasn't any walkers, when Maddie went out to check it out . I would have perferred when Maddie went out there and she saw the dead man with the gun, a walker was at the top of he road where the army was coming from, she would have grabbed the gun but the walker was shot by one of the army men and then she would have ducked under he car, but she would have the gun instead . I just wish she would have picked up the gun :zombies_lol: maybe the next episode

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

In rural Georgia we get Mega Herds... In Los Angeles, not a Walker to be found, lol.. WTF is up with that !

18. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

In this episode? That piece of shit Nick with his stealing drugs from a dying man to try and put up the front that he's kicked his habit in the face of total collapse.
    He needs to be getting his shit together, getting his head in the game.
    He was half way there in terms of getting clean enough to be able to cope with what's to come without the handicap of a debilitating drug habit holding him down.
    Given that he's probably seen more of the undead than anyone else in our main group.

If he can't get his act sorted, he's a dead man.

How he acts given what he's seen? That's what surprised me the most this episode.

But yeah, I agree with the comments that skipping 9 days to the city being cleared out in light of how slow the show paces itself otherwise is a bit of a cop out.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

...And that is exactly why Nick had to go.. He pulled a classic junkie move.. A move that could have led to the man dying and becoming a walker and starting an outbreak and the death of a lot of innocent people...because that's what junkies do.

20. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Yup, Total liability.
    I'm assuming we're not done with him yet though so hopefully we'll follow him and see what the army side of things is like and get some insight into their collapse.
    And by the time he comes out the other end, that ballbag BETTER have his head on straight.

I wonder what (if any) role that escape route Madison made is going to play.
    In the event that they need to get out in a hurry Madison now has that sorted...