Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What the F did Negan mean?

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Lupey, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Lupey

Lupey Member

Dwight asks if he can kill Daryl. Negan replies "Nah, you don't kill that. Not until you try a little."

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

I just interpret that as they are going to play with Daryl a bit. Negan knows he's going to be a problem and he wants to see just what he's made of. Maybe he'll be a good addition to the Saviors and if not they'll just have fun taunting him till they have to kill him.

3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I didn't even catch that. This is why I have to watch it more than once!

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I am probably wrong but at the time of I thought he meant that Dwight should make Darryl his prag .

5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think it either means they want to make him suffer and kill him slowly or they will try coverting him to a Savior and Negan will put Dwight in charge of doing so. Other than that I have no clue.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He sees Daryl is a fighter and hopes to break him and make him a Savior.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If they think they are going to convert him, they are mistaken. If you think he is going to die, you are mistaken. (That is a plural "you"--not aimed at anyone in particular.)

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think he meant "try" to convert him to his group. Then if he doesn't convert you kill him.

I'm actually convinced Daryl will be the one to kill Negan, for redemption. I don't read the comics but I know Daryl's not in them so it would be a departure from whatever happens in the comics, but I feel it's the only way for his character to live with himself. Maybe he dies in a successful attempt to kill negan. (Kamakazi mission)

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

One can only hope.

I thought they were going to make him their Bitch in whatever way they see fit in the moment?

10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Not sure what exactly he means, but later on after he had Daryl in the van he told Rick, I don't remember the exact wording but something along the line of "...I like him, he's got guts, not like somebody I know..." My guess he was talking about Dwight being a coward, an opportunist. He may know that Daryl had saved Dwight, that his bow was Daryl's, and he just didn't want Daryl to die in the hands of a weasel like Dwight.

11. Lord Bastard

Lord Bastard New Member

Imo it is so we can have a pair of eyes in Negan's camp. Similar to what Andrea was with the Gov.

I honestly don't think he'll be killed or tortured or anything. The story doesn't really require us to hate Negan anymore than we already do, lol. I think everyone is pretty maxed out.

12. Yes

Yes New Member

I heard it as:

"No, you don't kill that, not until you trial it"

13. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I really thought he said something to further humiliate Rick, the line, I thought was to imply that Daryl is more of a man than Rick...that Rick was easy to break and now he is just another man under Negan's control.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ditto

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I basically think meant he wanted to test Daryl out and see what he has. Either as a slave, or someone for a game of cat and mouse. With Negan's M.O., he probably wants to put him to good use.

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

'I like him, he's got balls, not like someone I know' - meaning Rick. He just de-balled Rick and was gloating in the moment.

17. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

I don't know if im the only one but the way i saw it was more of Negan putting Dwight down, we know Dwight has already ran from the group and has his new scar that's happened after that, so i see it as Negan saying Dwight doesn't get to kill someone like Daryl who Negan seems to hold to a higher regard with him having "balls". Also the way Dwight ran in with the cross bow it was almost like he was seeking approval/ trying to prove himself to Negan, So i think its hinting at Dwights level within the Saviors hierarchy.

So when he says not until you try a little, to me thats Negan saying you aint done anything yet to earn such a "Reward".

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was just typing the same thing when your post popped up lol. I definitely took it as a dig toward Dwight..."you have to prove yourself before doing the cool stuff".

19. LucilleSlugger

LucilleSlugger New Member

I'm glad someone asked this question. The closed caption read "You don't kill THEM, until you try a little harder." So I was thinking generally the same thing, that he was putting Dwight in his place and that Dwight seemed overly eager to please him. Maybe he lost rank when he ran away. I will say that the Saviors seemed pretty much expressionless through out the episode and I noted that many if not most of them are just numb. We will likely get some back story on some of the major players.

20. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I rewatched the episode and have to say I disagree.

I do not think Daryl showed "more balls" in that episode. Daryl took a punch to Negan after Abe's skull was beaten to pulp. Rick issued a threat to Negan after both Abe and Glenn died, and still attempted to axe him inside the camper. Rick had no choice but to yield at the end because the other choice was everyone's death. After Glenn died it was obvious (to me) Daryl was broken with guilt.

So at that moment when Negan said "...he's got more balls..." my interpretation is he's referring to splineless weasel Dwight.