Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What the heck is Teotwawki??

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Teotwawki' started by Dnae, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is an acronym coined by preppers:

T.E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I.

The End Of The World As We Know It

and.......cue music

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I had to google to believe it for myself lol. Good song though! 90's music is the best.

EDIT: Oh i guess it was the end of the 80's.

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It's the end of the 80's as we know it... and I feel fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I just looked up the lyrics to this song because i've never really known what they're saying, and also because i could have swore i heard them say Trump.

I was right. Do you think this is a prophecy?!?!?! *hides in a cellar*

Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped
    Look at that low plane, fine, then
    Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
    But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
    World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
    Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
    You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
    Feeling pretty psyched

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

*begs Jen for room and board in the cellar*

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

*hands you my extra tinfoil hat* come on in!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have a niece, who is a prepper.
    They have 5 years of can goods, water, batteries and such. They also rotate the stock.
    And yes, they are armed to the roof.

8. PepperAnn

WOW!! Do they have a bunker like place they are keeping all this?

9. Sharpie61

Under ground. Right off from their basement. They also live in Colorado, in a small town.
    Yep. They are ready for the ZA

• Like Like x 2
  10. PepperAnn

THAT is awesome. I used to think those people were a little crazy....but these days? Not so much. Lol

And the more I think about it these days, I was a bit of an ostrich back then. You just never know.

11. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah survivalists we call them, I see them all over the midwest and further out where population is sparse, unfortunately from what I've seen that won't do much... A cache / fortification is just another way of saying "Look I have STUFF" which to the remaining savages means "I want to get raided!!!"

Survivalist forts and underground caches are hardly the big secret, any half-baked American knows if you want to find a cache go look for survivalist camps.
    The bigger the cache, the higher the risk.
    A huge cache isn't stealthy...

In the end of days, assuming civilization and social order breaks down what we will have are armed bands of looters and the real survivors in these bands are not your average Joe with a pistol. You may get your occasional wild loner but for the most part you want to think Negan & Co, think Governor, think Termites, think of detachments of Armed Forces gone rogue, using some sort of "orders" to qualify the attrocities they commit, which...

These guys KOS huge... A few survivalists might survive for some time but for the most part they're simply a supply dump waiting to get raided (and the savages won't come one at a time with a little one-shot pistol). More so a firefight with another group, even a well-trained individual is not something you want. Gunshots attract all sorts of other population (both dead and alive) and you take one bullet that could spell the end, even if it doesn't kill you it could become infected...
    Long story short, a few silenced shots in the night is one thing but you don't want armed conflict.

Did you notice my use of the word 'savages?'
    Yes, that is what these individuals and groups consist of.
    Savages, raiders, looters, thieves.
    Read: Not good people.

Nothing stops these savages, not barbed wire, not steel plate armor, certainly not small numbers of heavily armed duos and trios. They scope out the place first from a distance, you won't even know they're there, when they come they shoot you in the back, the head... If they do come in head-on they'll come in numbers so great and armament so fierce you won't even think of grabbing your Steyr Aug.

If you're camouflaged don't think humans can't find it.

From what I've seen your best bet in those days is you're either a part of one of those groups, or you're heavy into camo and stealth (think ranger snipers, silenced and scoped FAARs, small hidden caches). You stay off the roads, you stay out of towns and ex-populated areas, you keep to the foliage and survive on berries and silent weapon hunting (such as bows and crossbows, guns merely advertise your presence far and wide).

You may want to find a cave, or figure out how to sleep in the top of a tree.
    Out of sight, out of mind.

And a knowledge of the area, you need to know your surroundings like the back of your hand, you need to know how to get around without a map and without GPS because you'll want to stay somewhat mobile (a base ties you down and looters know they have time to devise a plan because you're not going anywhere, that is not good). Helps to know your way around for several hundred square miles... At some point you'll need to leave and fast... Sometimes you'll have to stay mobile for considerable periods of time, you'll need to know how to set up hidden camps so you can sleep, fire at night is a huge beacon for z's and looters...

Did I mention, initially the zombs will be your greatest threat but once you learn how to dispatch those your threat will be mainly from the living! Some are friendly, learn who they are, make it clear that you don't raid and you don't attack unprovoked, make it clear that you will not bother them, now remember everyone who is not your friend is to be considered hostile armed and dangerous (i.e.: avoid at all costs). Learn to run, fast.

Then you might stand a chance.

#11 8307c4, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

*hands you my other spare tinfoil hat*

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is crazy who might be stocking up some extra food & water for things like natural disasters, power outages, and other things that could really actually happen...but the people who actually think a zombie apocalypse might happen...that's another story lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

MY PREDICTION. The good son who saved them DEAD, the nice old father DEAD (hes a GIANT actor, so he wont stick around). AND the one eye son who likes to watch is now in control. And ole one eye starts to Governor up the place. No guns allowed inside the walls (except his men), compartmentalizing, and alot of near misses for Madison and her family... Maybe a zombie head or two in a fish tank.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nice old father???? Hmmmm I am thinking the old father is going to prove to be anything but nice. Apples sometimes do not fall far from the tree and I am thinking the Troy apple is sitting right at the base of the father tree.

#15 Dnae, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  16. PepperAnn

That's twice in one day we have disagreed.

*curls up and rocks in a corner*

17. Sharpie61

My niece isn't a prepper because she thinks we will have a zombie apocalypse.
    She preps because she thinks our government will fall.

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Or the Sudden Departure,

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. O-Ren Ishii

O-Ren Ishii Member

Sorry but, no where even close guy.