Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What the heck is that new fangled contraption?!

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Skullberry, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

Yeah, I just get the feeling that he's going to use something similar in the field, rather soon.

I may have used the wrong word in saying 'repellant', but I'm sure their uses far extend those of carrying bags and camouflage.

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

It's a pretty smart contraption. It has a dual-purpose. Zombie traps and I believe that's where Woodbury gets some of their electricity. It's interesting that they are setting up resource stations outside of town.

3. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Kind of like putting the bug zapper in your neighbors yard:/ what would be the point? The idea is to keep the zombie bugs off your own pincnic table. Plus the contraption needs to be close enough to maintain. Clean it out and bring in the haul for the gladiator games.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

People here are told NOT to put out traps for Asian beetles in their yards. The reason is that the attractant in the traps brings in MORE beetles overall even with killing some in the trap than there would be without using the trap at all. The point being if you trap 3 zombies in the pit but attract 20 to the device if you are bringing them to your town you haven't done yourself any favors. OTOH, bringing zombies to your neighbors house instead of your own IS doing yourself a service. :/

5. RDZ

RDZ Member

I don't recall the use of Google Maps directions to discern the precise distance the zombie trapping contraption was from Woodbury so honestly, most of this discussion is pure speculation.

6. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It didn't look like it was right next to their compound, which means that any Z's attracted to it would be led away from their compound. Where's the speculation in that?

8. RDZ

RDZ Member

If I had to guess, I don't believe it was very close to Woodbury either. But some here are speculating it is close, some further, I honestly don't think it really matters all that much so why speculate.

9. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

While digging an entire moat around a settlement the size of Woodbury would probably be an insurmountable challenge, you could get away with a lot less pit if you have angled walls to deflect walkers into strategically placed pits.

Starting outside of your inner perimeter wall, set up another wall (probably cars turned on their sides - keeps crawlers out). Depending on the size and shape of your community, keep setting up the walls - straight lines - until you are surrounded. Then dig pits where the walls converge. Leave space for your entrances - those are by your manned guard towers, so you're keeping those clear with rifles.

This is just a perimeter system and could be overwhelmed by a super-herd, but it will keep walkers from accumulating around your inner walls. People are not going to thrive with the sounds of walkers just outside their walls - gotta keep the biters away.

But the Gov is doing pretty well for a bug nut crazy dude.