Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What the hell is he doing here??

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by undeadchick, Dec 3, 2012.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Noticed that both Daryl and Merle were absent from the preview for second half of season. However, when Glenn screams "what the hell is he doing here?!" and points his gun, he's got to be talking about Merle...right??

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Daryl actually wasn't absent from the previews. If you watch closely, you can spot him at one point.

But yeah....i'm thinking Glenn must be talking about Merle.

3. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Oooh seriously? I watched the preview a dozen times and didn't see him but I couldn't believe he's dead or anything. Good to know!

4. lurkers&roamers

I don't think it can be anyone but Merle. I guess there's a chance it might not be Merle, but those chances are slim.

5. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I would say Merle or Martinez. Either way I would say that person is going to play the role of Martinez from the comics.

6. Negan

Negan Active Member

I don't remember everything from the preview but I guess it is Merle Dixon. It makes the most sense. I want to see more of his character. (Dont we all?)

7. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

But does that mean he's joining their group now? Yeah he got betrayed by the Governor but seriously. Merle is not a good guy. Fun to watch with his sword arm yes. But trustworthy? No. Why would you invite a person back into your group that you already left for dead on a roof? That you'll have to keep constant watch over? Considering how paranoid Rick's group is already, that seems senseless to me. Counterproductive to say the least. Unless they simply take him as their prisoner to extract information out of him.

8. Negan

Negan Active Member

I say it is 50/50 whether they take him in as a prisoner or just leave him be in the group if they accept him in the first place.

9. lurkers&roamers

Of course he's not a good guy, but now he has reason to hate the Governor now. And they never left him behind on purpose in the first place. T-dog dropped the key and Rick, Glenn, Daryl, and T-Dog went back for him. They will have to keep an eye on him, sure, but they will need as many guys as possible to take out the Governor and his goons, even if that means bringing in Merle. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

10. Lenny

Lenny Member

if you watch the preview you see daryl running through some trees...

11. Just Because

Just Because Member

But the governor already knows where the prison is on the t.v show.

12. Bhante

Bhante Member

I think Merle is just misunderstood. Yes, he said some insensitive things about T-Dawg and Maggie and Glenn and Rick and walkers and everyone else on the show and yes, he tried to kill Michonne and Glenn and Maggie and Carjulio and Rick and T-Dawg and everyone else on the show. I blame Mr. White for mixing up a bad batch of Blue Sky and poor Merle is now a pariah amongst, well, everyone.

#12 Bhante, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. Al Davis is back

Daryl gets saved by Rick and wants to stay with him. Merle stays where his brother does, and he really has nowhere else to go.
    As far as the group goes, Merle could be good for going and getting supplies. Heaven knows the group has been low on ammo since season two started, lol. Merle could even stay on some other side of the prison to avoid clashes with Rick and the rest of the group.

14. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I think they shouldn't trust him in the slightest. He may be against the governor now, but he will still have a bone to pick with Rick and co.
    My idea? If they take him back to the prison, lock him in a cell and talk to him. Maybe get his bro to reason with him. Then decide what to do with him.

15. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

No.

16. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

Maybe Glenn takes out Merle with a shot between the eyes.

17. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

Everyone assumes Merle, but sometimes the previews mess with us. I hope it is.

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

We see in the previews that the arena is filled with smoke, so it's possible they go back for Daryl and Merle tags along...

19. Espin88

Espin88 New Member

You see Daryl running through the woods in the preview and the "What the hell is he doing here" comment surely has to be about Merle, Who else could it be? I think Rick's group will throw in a smoke grenade to rescue Daryl and he'll bring Merle with him, not that hes worth saving, he deserves to die IMO he can't be trusted.

#19 Espin88, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  20. AwesomeMerle

AwesomeMerle New Member

As much as i want to believe Merle is going to survive, i don t think this ll happens. The show already got news characters, Tyreese being the new Merle. And it s big opportunity to show the gov go all mad, as the eye patch and others details seems to portray him more and more as on the comic.
    i guess Gov will kill Merle and let him turn to a walker and kill him again or even more nasty:
    giving Merle as food to some walkers in front of the public arena.
    Daryl ll have to watch and the gov will let him go/ organize hunt int the wood for Martinez and others to play.