Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer What TV do you use?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Dean_Tizzle, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I'm aware of that, since joining the last forum. It's very immersive and I can see EVERYTHING,...... but I wish I had a monitor.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jimmah

Jimmah Active Member

32 inch LCD Hitachi, it's about 10yrs old still going strong. Looking at getting at least 47 inch soon, as soon as the Minister For Finance aka the Wife releases the funds.

3. HostileHammer

HostileHammer Member

I have a 32" Vizio flat screen. It is the perfect size for me and I really can't go any bigger because it wouldn't fit in the most preferable place in my room.

This may not be true for everyone but my cousin say's he prefers T.V.s around 30" and no bigger. When he is at work de-iceing airplanes, he has alot of off-time (when it is warm out) and he plays COD on a T.V. like mine. He does much better then when he is at home playing on his enormous T.V. He says he can react fast and aim better. The difference in his game play is huge, trust me.

4. OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Well-Known Member

I have a 42" Bravia in the bedroom, a 46" Bravia in the lounge and a projector in the home cinema but I mainly play on the 46" Bravia.

I have a Samsung 27` LCD Monitor for my Alienware Aurora R4 beasty which I just got and really like that also.

5. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

46" LG LED HDTV.

Funny story actually, bought it on Amazon and when the box arrived it was a little beaten up (although the TV itself was not damaged), so I called them and they said they'll send us a replacement and a box to ship the other back to them.

Well, all that came was a replacement, so I called asking for the return box and they said just keep both. So now Ive got two 46" TVs for the price of one. Hell yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dean_Tizzle

Dean_Tizzle New Member

Cheers for all the advice and input peeps, so let me understand this right. Is the most important thing for a 'gaming TV' the input lag response time? The lower that is, the better?

Obviously, after that comes the picture quality, which clearly has to be HD (1080P).

Another question, what is Hz? Is it better to buy a TV with a higher or lower Hz? Sorry guys I didnt wanna turn this into a ultra technical thread.

7. Roxy Babe

Roxy Babe Active Member

The faster time the better.:popcorn:

8. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

Hz is Hertz. Higher is better.

9. The Baws

The Baws Active Member

1080p is better than 1080i, right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. deebo

deebo Member

Go For 60Hz Currently. Any Higher Is Very Salty And A Waste Of Money For Console Gaming.

11. theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Active Member

i play on a 55" panasonic plasma downstairs (55vt50) and a 46" samsung LED upstairs (46d6000).

true black is only achieved with plasmas (the closest thing in LED is the elite 70" by sharp). running a hdmi cable made by audioquest (cinnamon is where the picture quality stops, however sound quality gets better through diamond models due to added silver) is what i recommend because they are directional and are proven to decrease response time. there have been horror stories about burn in with plasmas, but its pretty much non-existent in today's plasmas. panasonic makes the best plasmas on the market, look for either a gt, vt, or zt series as they will give you the best performance. size is dependant upon how far away from the tv you are sitting.

12. theedeadmau5

hz, or hertz, is a measure of refresh rate. LEDs are starting to get into the 480hz range but the picture looks very cartoonish, but im sure that will get sorted in the years to come. all plasmas run 600hz and give you the best refresh rate.

yes 1080p is better, 1080i is a glorified subsitution for 720p

ok

13. jefferson9

jefferson9 Member

Sony aquos series 70"

14. Rokon2

Rokon2 Member

I use a Dynex 32" HDTV, 60Hz. It's really great at showing vibrant colors. It also has a dynamic contrast feature which darkens and lowers backlight when I go into places, which is awesome when I play games like Skyrim at night.

15. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

55" Samsung, I found it a bit big at first but got use to it now (Thats what the lady's usually say)

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Baws

The Baws Active Member

^FTW.

I have a 47" LG LED 1080p TV, HDMI. Visuals are awesome, but I'm using the tv's speakers right now... So that's pretty dumb. Need to get a headset or something.

17. theedeadmau5

i havent heard of these, are they any good?

• Like Like x 1
  18. XSlor

XSlor Active Member

lol

lol

19. z28bryan

z28bryan New Member

I'm using a 50 inch Sony KDS-50a2020. It's an SXRD LCD rear projection tv that I got about 6 years ago when Halo 3 came out.

I checked out this thread and the avs threads. I used Guitar Hero 2 to analyze my lag time.

Component video with game mode off was ~25 ms lag

..once I realized I've been playing with game mode off, I turned that on

Component video with game mode on was ~10 ms lag

Either way, its unnoticable probably to most people in this world and seems to be a very good tv for gaming. Unfortunately I can't blame my gameplay on input lag, but I don't need to go scrambling for a gamer tv anytime soon.

20. esmittystud101

esmittystud101 Active Member

If it was me and I was buying a new tv I would......

1. Brand I would get a Samsung, Vizio, Sony, LG, there's more. A brand you've heard of. Not Syno, or Emerson or some other cheap brand.

2. HDMI only.

3. Atleast 1080p minimum. No 720p. Why have 720 when you could have 1080.

4. refresh rate of 120 hrtz or higher. 240 is good. Plasma is 600 hrts usually.

5. LCD vs LED vs Plasma vs Projector. My last choice is Projector. Look, if you have a huge wall thats smooth at your house, meaning no pictures on the wall or scratches, scrapes. I would go with Projector. You can make the screen as big as you want. But the downfall is you have to have a very dark room for it to look really good. LCD, LED, plasma are different in there own ways. They all look good.

I run with a Vizio 42'', 1080p , 120 hrtz. refresh rate. Its pretty good. But right now if I bought one I would get a LCD or LED with 1080p, 240 hrtz refresh rate, and atleast 42'' or higher.