Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was Beth trying to do?

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Emdier, Nov 30, 2014.

1. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

When did Lauren and Norman get emotional on The Talking Dead? I only saw Emily and Robert Kirkman on that episode after Coda.

2. AliceInAlderaan

They both were shown during a behind the scenes interview about how Emily Kinney leaving would affect them, it was really fast and short but still very sad.

3. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

Awww.... One of these days, I'll need to watch the BTS stuff on this website. I've watched a few here & there... you can get stuck on it and watch for hours, I'm sure!

4. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

I don't get all the Beth hate. Or all the over the top Beth love either for that matter. But still......

Beth was, at least for me, was one of the last remnants of innocence from before the apocalypse. She was also the only real "teenager" left. Carl was quite young and did not know what life as a teen was like before tshtf and has basically grown up in it. Beth, however did know.
    The rest of them, are basically either young adults or parental type figures. So Beth's/teen generation is no longer represented.

Sure Emily was not the best actress, but she wasn't terrible either. I thought she played the character as it was written well enough.

Now I can survive seeing main/secondary characters get killed off (i'm a fan of Game of Thrones, for pitty's sake) What irritates me the most is her execution. The writing for the last 20 minutes of this MSF was terrible.

This would never have happened in real life (either would a zombie apocalypse, I know I get it), It just would not have happened like this.

Rick would never have agreed to go inside the hospital... too much unknown about the place. Ambush potential, zombie potential etc. Putting that whole group in harms way in an unknown enclosed environment with the hospital group as a unknown potential threat as well. The kid would have told him, the cops and Dawn were a bit psycho to begin with.

hostage exchanges are usually written to occur outside.

Beth would never have stabbed Dawn with scissors. That was the most ridiculous and lamest scene ever.

After the Terminous scenario, this would/should have been a bloodbath when Dawn shot Beth. There would have been no restraint.

Rick should have pulled the trigger, he was the leader and supposed to be expecting something to happen and have his hand already on the trigger. Daryl, doesn't even usually use a gun.

The talking dead after the show, Kirkman was pretty clear that this was simply a gratuitous death/kill off for shock value.

Major disappointment

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The Beth hate is directly proportional to the over-the-top Beth love. And the freaks demanding that she be brought back to life, or brought back to life to be rekilled in a better way.

6. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Beth is finally dead and gone. I hope they (The Writers) don't focus all of season 5 B on Beth's death or we're in for another second boring half of a season. This could make season 5 the worst season ever.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

they have to have at least ONE episode of her being buried, which I'm good with. But, God help me, I have this horrible feeling they'll do a flashback to her singing something, and it that doesn't make me scream and hurl a vase at the t.v. I don't know what will.

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

my bet is that the funeral we saw for the promo on 509 is not Beth's, that there is a time jump of several weeks, or months, so they can take Noah home. Beth will be buried and left behind off camera, Beth's story is over and done, and the only thing left is the effect of her death on the group. Even if there is a dream of her, it will still be the dreamers story and not Beth's. Just like seeing Lori or Shane was Rick's story, not theirs.

9. Morgotha

They haven't made any decision on what to DO though, and they must since the Washington trip is off. I think they have to show that and not just show them half way to their destination. She was a character that existed since season 2. I find it hard to believe that they won't give her some sort of send-off.... but I hope you're right. I'd rather not spend an episode with everyone reminiscing around her grave.

Noah... yeah, they might show them all trudging off to the dream place that the guy they just met wants to get back to, but after woodbury and sanctuary, I know I wouldn't be too itching to pack up and go with him to a different state. Not that I'm suspicious of him or think that they should be, but their batting average of finding welcoming places is pretty low.

10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think that since they basically traded Beth for Noah, who wanted to go home, they will be taking him there, and that is the place in the promos for 509 where they are seen trying to hold the gates closed, his community turned while he was gone. That gets them out of GA, getting Noah home gives them a destination.
    As for Beth, I was a Beth fan, so my opinion doesn't come from wishful thinking, I just think that having a hole blown in her head, and everyone crying in the parking lot at Grady together in the MSF was the conclusion to her story, it was completed. I thought at first that would be her funeral in 509, but after looking at where i think they are, and the people around that grave, I revised my thinking to it not being for her, that it will be way past any funeral. I really hope 5B is better than 5A, the first 3 episodes where really good, but the last 5, got sloppy.

11. Morgotha

That makes a lot of sense to me! I agree with both points, first, that they will go with Noah as (if nothing else) compensation for trading him off for Beth, and Beth's already having had her scene with the group and it being time to move on.

And to paraphrase Winston Zeddemore, "if it gets me out of another singing scene, I'll believe anything you say!"

12. Alexa

Alexa New Member

I thought that Dawn reacted pretty quickly, like she shot beth instantly, like as if she knew.