Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was Michonne doing at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by Tdog, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Tdog

Tdog Member

When she came out the prison bus, It's like the doors were closed at first and she popped out. Is she sleeping/living in there? That was a really random scene with her and rick searching the field for his loony visions.

2. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Rick was on watch, she was sleeping in there after Rick went wacko and kicked all the new folk out, but instead of leaving she slept in the bus.

3. Tdog

Tdog Member

Wow, way to threat the person that saved your baby's life and helped you recover your friends back.

4. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

this. i really want to know where Tyreese and his people went tho

5. quickness26

quickness26 Member

I so didn't know that she was sleeping in the bus! Ill have to watch it again

6. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Yeah she came out the back of the bus.

(Cue Rosa Parks joke)

7. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I also got the feeling she was living/sleeping in the bus!

8. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

♪♫ Ah ha hush that fuss ♪♫

9. dontbanmebro

dontbanmebro New Member

I thought Rick locked her in the cell in the last episode?

10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Umm, have we forgotten how untrustworthy Michonne really is? I mean, sure, she helped get their friends back but she also up and ditched them for a personal vendetta when they needed her most (In failing to kill the Governor but killing Penny, may I remind you she made the situation a hell of a lot worse for everyone involved) and she won't answer any freaking questions!

I'd be suspicious of her too, whenever they ask her a simple question (ie. "You knew Andrea?") that it would not hurt to answer, since they obviously view Andrea as an ally, all they get is *intimidating scowl*.

Thank goodness she saved Hershel this episode since she hasn't really done much to show her loyalty. Up till this point, she's just been kind of along for the ride.

11. Tdog

Tdog Member

Common man you can't possibly actually feel that way. Michonne brought the medicine and formula to them and she told them about glen and maggie and lead them to the camp. The entire time Rick was pretty rude and threatening to her. He didnt' exactly welcome her with open arms. Back at the camp trust works two ways you know. You don't get trust by being a jerk to someone and then asking for their help. She showed them where the Governer was and told them about what he does. She even saved them back in the Cabin by executing the man that would have gotten them all killed. Ricks just being overbearing because he sees someone he can't control. He has no reason to treat Michonne like that all she's done so far was help them out. She might not be the most open person in the world but she's been there enough for them. At Woodsbury when she left the group she had no reason to stay with them and she didn't need to say she was going too. She had no reason to be loyal to them they barely even knew her. She's done more for them than they have for her. She could have easily left the baby formula and kept on going but she decided to take it to the camp. Ricks just being an asshole just like he was with Tyrese when they were just trying to offer to help out. They guy can't judge people for crap and right now his poor decisions are getting people killed left and right.

12. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I disagree.

The reason she executed that guy was to save herself. She was in just as much danger as the others.

The reason she lead them to Woodbury was for a personal vendetta. She wanted the Governor and these people could be pawns to her goal (Something she failed in doing and made the situation worse for everyone).

The formula was to gain trust, as well as a peace offering to get inside. She was injured and needed the help. Perhaps a little bit for the baby as well.

And if I was Rick, I'd treat her the same way. Refusing to answer questions and being all dodgy (Although pressing on her wound was a bit much even for me) but I understand that it was frustrating for him. His friends were kidnapped and he had no idea where they were, and she wouldn't just answer damn questions.

And regardless of whether she needed to tell them she was going or not, she still just ditched them when she obviously planned on returning with them. Not a good move.

Rick has his own reasons for turning away Tyreese. He's feeling like he's failing as a leader and he needs to protect the people that he already has, rather then taking in a bunch of new ones. He even was going to let them stay (He was preparing to agree with Hershel) until his little hallucination showed up, reminding him of exactly why he can't bring in new people. He wasn't being a jerk when he was yelling and waving his gun around, that was a complete mental breakdown.

Rick's decisions are not getting as many people killed as Michonne's. She failed and made things worse. It's her fault we have cah-raaaaazy Governor right now.

13. Tdog

Tdog Member

I'm not going to say too much but this. Michonne isn't the type of uncaring person to only think about herself. She may not be talkative but she does look out for people. She looked out for Andrea by rescuing her and taking care of her when she didn't have too. She picked up the baby formula and brought it to the camp when she didn't have too, She told Rick about Maggie and glen when she didn't have too, and this past Sunday she went and risked her life again to help pull Hershel from the fire when she didn't have too. She looks out for people even though they may not exactly be looking out for her and this was before anyone tried to help her or give her aid that we've seen her doing this. If Michonne was some self centered non caring person she would have just ditched Andrea instead of trying to reason with her because she cared about the well-being of her friend. Truthfully Rick has more reasons to trust her than she has to trust Rick. All Ricks done is wave his gun in her face and yell at her. Screw Rick... !!$#@ em! He ain't no leader. Shane's a leader.

14. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Ah ha. Shane, a leader, that's rich. You criticise Rick for waving a gun in her face and yelling, but then say Shane's better like he would not have done the same thing? Shane probably would have done worse, he wasn't overly welcoming either, in case you don't remember.

Yeah, she did look out for Andrea, but that's really the only non-selfish thing that I have seen her do before saving Hershel.

She brought the formula because she needed somewhere safe to lay low. She was shot for crying out loud, even she needed to be a little concerned about that. The formula was the perfect way to buy her way into the prison and thus, to safety.

She told Rick where Maggie and Glen were because it was the perfect oppurtunity for revenge against Merle AND Phillip. Go in on her own, injured and with just a sword, or go in there with a team of obviously skilled people and take out both at once. Funny, because both parts of that plan backfired on her completely.

I will admit that she was good to Andrea and this past Sunday, Hershel too. HOWEVER, if I were the others, I WOULD NOT TRUST HER. She has done nothing to truly gain trust. She ditched them in a critical situation and doesn't answer questions.

Not saying she can't be a good member of the group, it's just she and Rick both need to open up just a little bit more.

15. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

Shane was really rash in his actions, but he ended up being right about things - a lot of lives would have been saved in the first 2 Seasons if they had listened to Shane. He was one of the few characters with common sense. While everyone was wallowing in self pity, and helplessness he would come up with real solutions and try to at least get something done...granted he was a hot head and not very tactful but I miss the conflict and momentum he brought to the show. People forget the good he did before he went crazy and tried to kill their lord and saviour Rick, but when Rick goes crazy and makes questionable decisions he's just a tormented hero...heavy is the crown, its tough being a leader and all that bullshit. I hate that double standard. The good thing about the Walking dead is supposed to be that nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes...but somehow Rick is above that and he can do no wrong.

16. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

I feel like I need to re-watch season 1 & 2 just to see if I can get a sense of why people hate Shane so much, because I really don't get it. People hate Shane more than that racist prick Merle...even the governor, that's so weird to me

17. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

I will agree that Michonne needs to start talking though, its frustrating that she just stands there...maybe there's supposed to be some sort of unspoken dialogue that she's supposed to be conveying and failing at because the actress playing her isn't that good?

18. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

i was expecting a lot more from the addition of michonne this season. i find her extremely frustrating. all she does is make mean faces and says nothing. so annoying!

19. dax

dax Member

I think Michonne was sleeping in the bus to stand watch because of the governor. It would make sense to have someone out there keeping watch and would explain why she had a rifle. Also Glenn tells her I need you here and she returns to the bus before the fight breaks out. Just my two cents.....

20. Tdog

Tdog Member

Oh please,

Michonne is a loner. She may insist on doing things her way but she is not a person that solely looks out for herself. I'm not sure why you keep thinking that. You should really rewatch this show from the beginning because you seemed to have missed a lot.

Michonne told the group about the Governor to warn them. She didn't need their back up which is why she left them to face him off by herself. IF she was interested in using them she would have tried to bring them with her to where he was. She told them about their friends to warn them. She could have just as easily kept on going, patched herself up and not have given a care. You have to understand that while Michonne doesn't talk much she is highly intelligent and can quickly figure things out. When she saw the supplies they had she knew she had to deliver them so she did. Her entire story has been about being alone and doing things her way which is why she didn't want to stay in Woodbury aside from the fact she figured something was foul. She's risked herself plenty of time to help others, she's not a self-centered character she's just a person that doesn't trust people so openly and goes with her own instinct.

As for the Rick vs. Shane stuff give me a break. Season 1-2 is pretty much all about Shane saving Ricks ass over and over again.Behind every disaster is Rick. From the first time the camp was ran over with zombies thanks to rick luring them there to Carl getting shot, to Lori dying, to Sophia getting lost. Rick had a hand in all of it. Shane has always been the man of reason that said what needed to be said and did what had to be done. He was a real leader. He saved a lot of people included Rick. It was Lori's poison that tainted his judgement in the end and that lead to his downfall. Rick is not a leader. He doesn't know how to make the right decisions. He's indecisive and reckless which is why people get killed when he's in command. He's not a leader he's just playing one. If he was a leader he wouldn't be out chasing ghost in a field he'd be in the prison making sure Carl was safe and his baby was fed and everyone else was being taking care of. Rick isn't built for this new world...Shane was. Rick is just too soft. You judge a leader by those he commands. When you look at the Governor there is a leader. A man that knows what needs to be done and how to talk to people and manipulate them if need be. That is why he has a militia of people ready to take a bullet for him. When you look at Rick what does he have? A Gimp,Some kids,A farmers daughter, and old maid, a delivery boy, and the Daryl who got stuck with the group by accident (since he was only there to rob them at first). Ricks group is weak and he never had any real soldiers because real soldiers don't follow weak leaders. This is why Shane questioned his authority when they bumped heads. He knew Rick was weak and his last request was for Rick to be a man that could lead the group and take care of Lori and Carl (you see how good he did with that). Rick can't handle the new world he's not built to deal with it. It's just not in him like I said he's too soft. Which is exactly why he's having a nervous breakdown. When Shane started cracking up it was because he was tired of Ricks poor decisions that constantly put the group in jeopardy. Like when he tried to aid Hershal in capturing walkers and keeping them alive, and saving the kid that tried to kill him knowing that if he released him he'd just come back with a posse. Shane new exactly what needed to be done to keep the group safe and Rick just couldn't get that. Even now he still doesn't. He has no firepower and he's turning fighters like Michonne and Tyrese away? Are you serious? If this show were real I wouldn't trust Rick to lead me to the mailbox let alone put my life in his hands in a zombie apocalypse. He shoulda been dead 20 episodes ago.