Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was the deal with pink, slimy zombies?

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Woodstock, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Was it mentioned what happened with them?

2. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

napalm i think?
    When the government/army began bombing the cities to 'control' the mass breakout

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes when the explosions that Shane & Lori watched in the distance in season 2 (I think) is what happened to those walkers.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah Napalm... But realistically they wouldn't be pink gooey melted globs on the road.. They would be crispy fried brown looking cooked peeps.

5. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Thanks to you all, I totally missed that.

OT: [MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION] you're signature gif is the weirdest and most hilarious thing I've ever seen! LOL

6. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Maybe the crispy brown skin has been pulled off leaving the gooey pink slime.... gag gag vom vom

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

On the water tower, you can see the words "evac here," and there are burnt tents and trailers all over the parking lot. So it looks as if people gathered there hoping to be evacuated and got fire bombed instead.

I posted a "making of" video in the Praise and Positivity thread that shows how the melted flesh effects and such were done. Some of the walkers were dummies, and some were actors that were standing in a hole in the ground. The head that Daryl used as a weapon was a puppet.

8. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

So they drew them in and toasted them? Nasty.

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha!! It cracks me up everytime lol

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

They didn't really mention it on the show, it was discussed in the behind the scenes thing and on Talking Dead.

They said the reason these were pink (and not crispy) was because the napalm had roasted their skin away so it was just muscle and fat left, which went pink and slippy as it rotted.

They also said that the actors did not know that some of these were 'live' walkers until they started moving when they walked past them. I'm not sure if I believe that, though, since it would have taken a long time to set up and they didn't notice them inserting people into holes in the road?

11. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

Napalm that was seen being dropped on Atlanta in Season 2's "Chupacabra".

12. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I guess we've decided as a collective to ignore the problems with zombie biology, otherwise the series would have had to end some time ago. As an example...

I can maybe buy that walkers who are ambulatory can occasionally find sustenance somewhere to keep them going, but the melted street walkers (I'm assuming they're not streetwalkers) have been there for a year and a half with nothing but rain water to keep them pink and slimy. Guess I'm just going to chalk this one up to yet another instance of having to swallow the blue pill.