Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was the last good Horror Movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Weallgotit, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

The last one I enjoyed was "Insidious". That's the first one. I have not seen a lot lately because the genre does not live up for me. Maybe I just don't scare easily. But the story accounts too. And from trailers for Crimson Peak, Sinister films and the Conjuring films, I'm not impressed.

2. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

The last one that I really enjoyed was 'Train to Busan'.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked that movie too. If you liked Train to Busan you should try The Midnight After. Its another movie you have to read. Its not a zombie flick, buts about a city bus full of people who go through a tunnel to discover they are the last people on earth after they emerge from the other side. It was done quite well, and had a Train to Busan feel to it.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see Last Train to Busan, but it looked great.

I loved the 'It' remake from this last summer. I can't think of what I loved before that one though, so I couldn't have been all that impressed.

Over the weekend though I watched The Legend of Hell House and Event Horizon - both oldies but soooooo good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I`ll check that one out. Thanks!

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Event Horizon was so good! Fright Night... the 80's film is one of my faves. Not remotely scary though. Just a great 80's vampire movie.

The new It was good too. Horror movies in general don't really scare or startle me because I know that clown monsters, ghosts, vampires and dream creepers with metal claws aren't real.

It's the movies that are more plausible for reality that disturb me the most. Silence of the Lambs actually bothered me because, although there was a lot of fiction in that movie, we all know that there are real life serial killers out there who've done unspeakable things to their victims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, horror movies don't generally scare me either. I'll get startled if something jumps out, sure, but I don't lay awake later that night wondering what's in my closet lol. However, It Follows is a really creepy movie, and it did stick with me for a couple days after watching it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The last real good horror film I've seen is The Babadook (2014). Otherwise you'd have to go way back I think.