Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was the point of telling Negan that Maggie

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by Ania, Nov 13, 2016.

1. BlackLightning

I'm sorry. I should not have said "I still don't know why..."

I should have said "I still don't understand why..."

2. BlackLightning

I think he got distracted by Carl. And I don't think "acquiring" Maggie was that big of a deal to him in the first place.

People are glorified commodities to Negan. In his mind, he has plenty of women at home; why go above and beyond for one woman who was sick and probably would "play hard to get?"

3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Even then, it's the same concept. You disagree with me, but what do you not understand?

Morgan in my eyes came in and caused an immense amount of problems from his philosophy that he garnered from Eastman(a moron). He also was in allegiance to his philosophy in harboring a dangerous threat to the community under their noses and doing it deceitfully, after the threat had invaded and killed some in the community.

He also was in the indirect cause of the Walker apocalypse that descended upon Alexandria:

- Not killing the Wolves in 1st encounter(I gave him a pass on that, that's just "shit happens")
    - Not restraining/killing the Wolves that he let go that shot up the RV and took away Rick's chance to lead them away

He knocked out Carol over it. He put Denise in the worst kind of danger over it.

Adding in that he's shown a history of mental instability from both ends, I view him as a serious liability and they should have sent him away.

So you disagree and that's fine, but what's not understandable about this view?

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Nevermind [MENTION=91432]Znuts[/MENTION]....I just realized you were referring to before when ALL of them were on their way to Hilltop.

Although I still don't think Negan would think that way. As sick as she was...and with everyone else being back at ASZ....he knows she wouldn't be at Hilltop alone, and just because he didn't SEE Sasha doesn't mean he realizes she's not there. I think he completely believes she's dead.

5. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

That wasn't the angle I was thinking. Negan is such a sick MF - he likes to horrify people and it helps keep them under his thumb and down beaten. I was thinking he would ask them to show the proof, not because he didn't believe her body was there, but to traumatize them all over again how they lost Maggie because of what Negan did to cause it. He's sick enough to pull a stunt like that.

Of course if the gunshot went off just after he asked, that would distract him from pursuing the grave any further. I didn't remember that was the next thing to happen.

6. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

I'm curious myself as to how they're going to keep her hidden from Negan . . .
    Though maybe they have her locked up somewhere because she's mentally unstable after Glenn's death? Maybe that's why they're saying she's dead; because she would be a threat to their group otherwise. I know this theory seems like a long shot but it's also very possible that she's not in a good mindset right now after all of her losses piling up.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I don't buy Maggie being pregnant would have saved her from becoming of of Negan's wives. He would have had the doctor give her an abortion.

The purpose of hiding Maggie was mostly to protect Glenn's baby. That's why he's willing to risk it all. It's for Glenn (and the baby) more so than it is to protect Maggie, although that's part of it.

What better way for Negan to crush the group's hopes than to abort the baby of the guy he just killed.

#27 Spidey, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

So that Negan will not know of their alliance with the Hilltop, or that they even have knowledge of their existence

9. Chaos

Chaos Member

They did'nt know about his taking on wives like Daryl does. The grave was dug before Negan joked about widows as well.

10. Chaos

Chaos Member

Why would she need forgiveness if she was not in on it? I suppose he might assume she was but that's about it.

11. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Well, that is why "forgive" is in those little quoty things :)

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

IMO Maggie would not need to be hidden because I believe she wouldn't take any of Negan's crap and probably threaten to slit his throat in his sleep if he makes her come back with him. At then end of 701 she was the one ready to fight back and I'm sure she still feels that way. Maggie has nothing to fear and right now she's probably the strongest of the family.

13. Poppy

Poppy Member

When Maggie has baby Glenn, she'll have a LOT to fear.
    OTOH... if she looses the baby, there'll be Hell to pay!

14. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I think in the condition Maggie was in they wanted to keep her hidden as to not have any further stress from Negan. I could see him terrorizing her with reminders of what he did to Glenn and that could push the pregnancy to a point of no return. With her at Hilltop hopefully she will have time to get herself back together and healthy. I am curious if she will have the baby and if so when we can expect that in the show.

15. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Speaking of which, what you all thinking about Maggie's baby? She going to lose it? That's what started this whole mess in the first place. Maggie suddenly clutched her stomach and collapsed in agony. Doesn't sound like a positive sign that the pregnancy is going well. Add to that the trauma of watching Glen murdered.

I could see interesting plot elements in both directions. If the baby is born healthy or if the baby dies of complications. Thoughts?

16. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

This was basically figured into their original plan. The Saviors don't have any idea that the ASZ has been in contact with Hilltop. That's why Jesus was keeping himself hidden during the attack on the outpost, and then took off early so nobody would see him. I don't think the Saviors have a regular habit of rolling out the entire army to the different settlements. That was a show of force to really solidify just how the tables had turned.

17. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

To be honest, it is inconsistent storytelling. Rick can't hide her forever. Yet he went went out of his way to give them every gun they had when Negan visited. Perhaps I missed something in the season 7 premeire, but was there any evidence Negan was going to harass her in the future?

18. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I think they said she died just so he wouldn't ask to see her, which is possible given how he likes to play mind games. They're not about to tell Negan they're working and in contact with another settlement. So as much to protect the whole group, as to protect Maggie.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's an extremely dangerous move though because Negan's entire group has seen Maggie. Once they find out she's alive there will be Hell to pay.

The better option would have been to say that she and Sasha just left in the vehicle they had. They wanted no part of any of this now and are leaving the DC area. It would make the most sense, and when they see her at Hill Top it wouldn't put Rick's group in jeopardy.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I agree but considering that this was all Father Gabes doing and Rick had no hand in it at all I think Gabes motives are the ones we need to figure out.
    He is odd in every setting in the show and to try to figure out what was really behind this will be guessing at best.
    His story or idea on the surface seems decent but that only gets then through the initial Negan questions and maybe he just didn't think it through that far yet?
    He also has never seen Lucille in action and regardless of how she is described it might be tough to really understand unless you have seen it for yourself.

He might have had their best interests at heart but it might not be enough too,I bet we find out more next week as the Saviors "Visit" the Hilltop?
    Or not.