Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was the point of telling Negan that Maggie

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by Ania, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

not sure if anyone mentioned this, but why is Rick so okay with going along with this story and hiding Maggie's whereabouts, but he is so afraid Negan will ever find out they have a gun? with the guns, he is nervous they will find out they have extras and punish them for it - but what does he think they will do when they find out that Maggie is alive? My guess is that he would take her captive and also make Rick and Fr Gabe pay for their lies. I'm just not sure why he wasn't up front about everything if he was so scared of Negan. At least play dumb and say that she left the group and he doesn't know where she is. Pleading ignorance is ok in my book, but not lying.

2. Darylette

Darylette Member

She's pregnant she's just lost Glen and she's been with them years. It makes sense that they'd take risks to protect her. The pregnancy makes her interesting and a target to Negan. The less he knows about them the better, it makes sense to pretend she's dead.

3. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

The grave might be Maggie's gun locker

4. Zombie_Penguin

They probably just didn't want to explain where she actually went, because that would actually let Negan know way more about them and who they are already connected to, like someone else said. They are going to have to tell them that Maggie is to play dead for a while now - maybe Enid will run up there, or they'll use that more code stuff for that communication this weekend and we'll all be like DARN IT! That's what that board was for...

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

Initially, I thought that Negan, knew they were going to HillTop, and that is how he knew which roads to block. Now I'm thinking... Maybe he didn't.

6. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I thought the same thing, now I am not so sure.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

As far as we know, HillTop has not confessed that THEY hired Rick et al, to wipe out the Saviors. As far as Negan knows... Rick was acting on his own initiative. If Negan finds Maggie, and or Sasha there, then he'll press for more information. So they'll have to hide Sasha too.

I suppose that Gabriel may have buried any evidence of bartering with the HillTop, such as black smith items, unique jars of food, or whatever. I would like it to be guns and ammo. I guess time will tell.

8. Al Davis is back

Loose lips sink ships.
    I think keeping her hidden and people from talking about it= Impossible.

9. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I haven't seen episode 5 yet, so maybe the little visit to the Hilltop has to do with Rick et al. But, the writers would be stupid to deviate from the comics in that regard. Everyone training in secret and gathering intel against the Saviors, when Negan things he has everyone at he's heels makes better television.

I think Negan and his crew were just blocking off all known exit roads from ASZ that TF could've possible taken.

10. RoadKill

RoadKill New Member

I haven't seen any women in leadership positions in Negan's organization. He uses them as bargaining chips and leverage (objects) and I get the idea he more likely has a harem than a wife. I think the character is a misogynist and isn't about to respect or like any women in a leadership position or for her "toughness" etc.​

I don't think he would 'forgive' anything and would more likely kill her out of hand as a lesson to Rick for lying to him.

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Actually he gives them a choice of being objects, especially if they want to live a better life. But you can see there are other women, female saviors like Arat that he seems to respect or view as just another soldier of his. And then in Season 6B we had Paula and her crew too.

But I think you're right that Negan would probably kill Maggie to teach Rick a lesson.