Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was the thing in the wall that Tyreese found?

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Alina, Dec 1, 2013.

1. quux

quux New Member

Carol teaches the children how to use knives. Not too long after Carl discovered this, Lizzie is unable to bring herself to kill her dead father before he turns. Carol scolds Lizzie and tells her in the yard that she is weak but needs to be strong to which Lizzie's sister, Mika, replies, "she's not weak, she's messed up." (from memory)

Sickness breaks out and Lizzie, who clearly isn't sick, pretends like she is to get access to the at-risk group.

Tyreese discovers the burned bodies. While investigating, Rick finds a bloody handprint on the door jamb, and it is angled slightly upward and, given the print placement, indicates the person who left the print had shoulders about that high. An adult would not have left that print in that orientation unless they were practically on their knees and reaching backward to hold the door frame.

Soon after, Carol begins to act with reckless disregard to her own life and (almost glibly) takes credit for the murders when confronted by Rick. In short, Carol feels guilty about what Lizzie has done with what Carol taught her and also has developed a significant emotional, motherly attachment to the girl.

After confessing to draw attention away from Lizzie, Carol is banished by Rick who clearly believes Carol is telling the truth.

The rat was dissected by Lizzie. She's learning to be strong. She's learning to kill. Think of it as psychopathic blossoming.

It's a nice touch, having Lizzie be the one to save Tyreese from being killed.

In order to believe that Lizzie isn't the killer of Karen and David, some things need to be explained.

• The bloody handprint on the door jamb.
    • Why would Carol, without explanation, start acting reckless and seem to almost want to get herself killed?
    • Considerable screen time was devoted to the subject of Carol teaching the kids how to use knives. Was that just pointless filler?
    • We learn that Lizzie has gone through a sort of baptism of fire, transitioning from a scared little girl to one capable of putting a bullet in a human's head. Either it points to Lizzie or the writers just decided to transition Lizzie from coward to badass ...just because?
    Lizzie is the killer and that's been clear since Rick's investigation of the murder scene.

2. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

What I didn't understand about the dissected rat scene (looks more like a rabbit to me) was how Tyreese connected it with the murders. Just because the rats at the fence showed up the same day that the murders were committed? Seems like a bit of a stretch.

3. Porfivor Nixon

Where was it? I thought it was put on the door where Karen and David died, but I was not sure. I could not tell where Tyreese led them, but it appeared to be back there Karen and David were held, I am not sure, although that would make a huge difference if that is where it was.

4. Porfivor Nixon

Yeah, but that doesn't make sense because why would anyone care if he was doing that? There would be no need for him to hide something like that. People would probably be relieved that is what he needed xxx for instead of the reason they think he wanted to get it.

5. hacarr

hacarr Member

Hmmmmmmmm not a completely off the wall idea...... thanks! its sooooo frustrating trying to figure out all these seeds theyve planted. I so think Lizzie has something bigtime crazy about her.....but I def dont think shed be capable of that disection either which then leads to trying to figure Bob out! Whats the deal with Bob! its gonna be a very long couple of months needless to say!

6. JHebert

JHebert Member

Well, technically it was a rabbit that was dissected and pinned. Scott Gimple said so himself, in an interview with THR, that Tony Davis posted... um, a day or so ago?

Anyway, quote from the interview:

"We still don't know who was feeding the rats at the prison's fences. Is that something that's still on the table in the back half?
    We will absolutely find out more about the rats and the person who seemed to dissect that rabbit that Tyreese (Chad Coleman) found in the tombs before The Governor showed up."

So, there ya go. It's a rabbit. Still not very helpful in figuring out who did it, though.

7. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Someone unexpected, sorry but we should know by now TWD can always surprise us with the culprit.

8. Shane's Brainz

I think it was Bob

here is the "thing"
    looks like a rat for sure

[​IMG]

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Another related question is: whoever did this dissection, why showed your 'art' there?

I mean, if that person wanted to hide that rat dissection, it would be hidden somewhere. But since it was displayed or left to be seen, did the person mean it to be found?

10. Dead Dahlia

Dead Dahlia Member

Don't worry ... I liked the post :))

11. Dead Dahlia

Dead Dahlia Member

Thanks for clarifying :) I watched the mid-season finale several times and I still couldn't figure out what the hell was on the wall. It was so random, so bizarre. It was just weird ... and I didn't get ... and I didn't like it. Hope they make sense of it when they return.:zombies_confused::zombies_confused::zombies_confused:

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Bump to show it was a rabbit

13. highway234

highway234 Member

a very weird-looking rabbit.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Look at the ear. Rabbit.

15. highway234

highway234 Member

I don't doubt it's a rabbit, but I think they did a pretty crummy job with it. Look at those scrawny hind legs! Rabbits have big, strong hind legs (hence the hopping and thumping).

16. highway234

highway234 Member

I'm very pro-rabbit. I'm totally fine with the infanticide, the cannibalism, the torture, the sexual assault, the cold-blooded murder, and the child soldiers, but when they start messing with the rabbits I get mad.

17. Sixfootbrunette

Possibility of it being Daryl? Mind he ate the squirrel in season 2...

18. highway234

highway234 Member

true. he also had the ear necklace way back in season 2. he and rick both have a history of going all wonky in the head so it's funny we're not suspecting either of them.

19. PookieSpaghetti

Well, I think it's obvious that the people feeding the walkers is the one who dissected this animal. And I just don't see either Daryl or Rick doing this... I mean why would they attract walkers at their door? Furthermore, why would they dissect an animal?

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The thing you are calling an ear, looks to me like it is continuous with the front leg. If you follow it, it looks its actually the leg, which someone has flayed open. The snout looks nothng like a rabbit's snout to me, but to be honest, I don't think we can say definitively what this species is lol. And to make matters worse, I doubt we'll ever know.