Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What weapon(s) would you bring in ZA ?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Lian, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Wesker

Wesker Member

True..the new LED Streamlights are light, small and a hell of a lot brighter than an old Maglight. I'd also have a weapon lights on my firearms, like a Streamlight TLR-1.

2. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

I got scar from it and weekend in drunk tank

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

True but the current new version Mag is pretty damn competitive brightness wise for Todays lights and has some programming capability now too,I really like them and carry them in each car again.
    They do offer long runtime too as they should using D sized batteries.
    They will even do true momentary on of you want.

If you have not checked the newest full size models out it is worth looking for,they are at Walmart among other locations.

4. Rust

Rust Member

I never go anywhere without my Glock.

5. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

6. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

thought came to me something else always on me my steal toed boots

7. Lian

Lian Member

They can be handy too !
    Just wear shin protection, or they will bite you leg !
    :zombies_rolleyes:

8. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Well in Australia we have extremely strict laws regarding firearms, in fact I only know a handful of people who own any and they all live in rural communities where they use them for hunting etc - so if it was a matter of improvising until a suitable high powered weapon was found, I suppose I would have to go with a machete, baseball bat or an axe.
    I used to be a bricklayer and have a shed full of oretty dangerous stuff, trowels, shovels, brick saws etc. all of those would be effective in a pinch.

Ideally I would like to modify a whippersnipper (weed whacker) and put knies on it like Danny Trejo does in Machete

9. Lian

Lian Member

:hatchet:

10. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Primary- LWRC M6A2 (AR15)
    Secondary- Sig Sauer P226 Mk25 (9mm pistol)
    Melee- Bowie knife (about a 10 inch blade on it)/ Cold Steel Trench Tomahawk

(I own all these weapons, if your ready for zombies your pretty much ready for anything)

Have a nice day :)

#90 TDogResurrected, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. Lian

Lian Member

What is melee btw ?
    Dunno that word.

12. Chassit

Chassit Member

Melee is hand to hand fighting with weapons like swords and axes.

13. DESTRO

DESTRO New Member

Guns and IEDs. Claymores, frag grenades, and napalm are quite simple to make.

14. Lian

Lian Member

Ok tnx.

Does the word come from something or is it 'just a word' that is given to that ?

15. Chassit

Chassit Member

Well it is seemingly a French word so is likely Latin in origin. Let me see what I can find for you. :)

16. Chassit

Chassit Member

17. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Left hand - Phillips head screwdriver
    Right hand - Claw hammer

18. Lian

Lian Member

19. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

It depends on the scenario. Are we talking about only what I could carry with me while traveling? Or are we talking about a (reasonably sized) personal armory?

For my main weapon, I'd be hard pressed to decide between something like a 9 shot pump action shotgun or something like an M4. I'd probably go with the M4 for the greater range and greater maneuverability in tight quarters. Ideally I'd have the shotgun and the assault rifle, but if we're talking solely about what I can carry with me while traveling, that would add a lot of bulk. Carrying an M4 with a shotty strapped on my back may not be so bad, but it would get cumbersome. I'd probably go with the M4, or at least some kind of assault rifle. Admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable of different types of assault rifles.

In addition to that, I'd most likely go with something like a Colt .357 with a 6" barrel (like Rick's sidearm). It's hard to beat the dependability of a revolver, although reloading can be a little more time consuming than simply popping in a new magazine.

For melee, I want to say a katana, but realistically I don't think it's a weapon that I'd be good with. A nice hunting knife is obligatory. As much as Z Nation isn't really a good show, something like Addy's Z-Whacker would be awesome. An aluminum baseball bat studded with one spike protruding from the tip, and a ring of spikes around the shaft near the end. It'd be lightweight and very effective. It would provide a lot more leverage and force upon impact than something like a machete. See the Z-Whacker below if you're not familiar.
    Z_wacker.jpg zwhacker.jpg

#99 QuantumCurt, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Carrying a katana on your back like what Michonne does is not practical. Due to its long length, it is almost impossible to draw the katana out from its sheath in a couple seconds. Even if you have extremely long arm and devise a technique to draw it out more quickly, putting it back into the sheath on your back is another nuisance.