Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What weapon(s) would you bring in ZA ?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Lian, Apr 11, 2015.

1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Agreed. There have been some scenes where Michonne was pulling her katana out of the sheath in tight quarters and I thought she was going to cut someones head off by accident lol

Overall I don't think it would actually be a very effective weapon. A longer range melee weapon in a ZA requires more force and beating power, whereas a katana is a very high precision weapon.

2. Lian

Lian Member

I forgot it's name, but with the Katana comes a smaller sized version.
    (they always display 3 swords, everytime a size smaller on the 'sword stands' )

Maybe that is a good option.

3. Merle's stump

Merle's stump New Member

You are probably referring to the short sword called the Wakizashi. the third blade you are talking about is usually a large knife "tanto"

The problem with most bladed weapons is that the can easily get stuck so if you are facing a multiple threats you would have a problem. Also most of the swords people buy commercially are cheap "wall hangers" they aren't full tang and the blades are cheap metal. The machetes are good and reliable but you would need to keep them clean as they rust pretty easy since they rarely have any protective coating as blood is very good at corroding (high moisture and salt).

Personally I think the aluminum baseball bat is very under rated, one good swing and you could crack a skull, also would be good for taking out legs at the knee. Then if your target was on the ground they'd be easier to dispatch. It's light, easy to carry, fairly easy to load on a pack and there is very little risk of injuring yourself or accidentally others with it.

4. Lian

Lian Member

Hmm yeah.

Both the bat and the machete are good choices too.

5. Brian and Pris

Ha! Well if it happened we would probably be grabbing whatever junk we could! We have stuff at the house. And then I would get my wife and kids to my prepper friends house - everybody laughs at the redneck until...
    After that...no clue. Make do with what we can.

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Brilliant choice! I know this because I play Bloons TD4 and the fully upgraded Glaive thrower Monkey is a BEAST! Sure, he's no Robo Monkey, but he's pretty badass.

Oh yeah.... MY weapon in the ZA.... A fully upgraded Robo Monkey, loyal only to me. The only thing that could possibly stop it, is Eugene AFTER he hooks up with Tara and Denise. lol

7. Ilknur Ibryam

Ilknur Ibryam New Member

Short Spear and a shield. Kind of like how ancient warriors have been fighting. Keep zombies away with a shield while stabbing over arm. Would be good if the spear has also cutting abilities, not just stabbing blade.

Phalanx should be an extremely effective way to fight zombies in groups. Everyone geared with shield and short spear/short sword.

8. Lian

Lian Member

Interesting choice.....
    But indeed, it could be useful...

9. Walker Caravan

how about a captive bolt pistol?

10. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

gets the job done for sure, but not very practical.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I am going to carry a canteen filled with walker blood. This is my defensive 'weapon'.
    As a last resort, I will apply the blood over my exposed flesh like applying suntan lotion. And perhaps this will fool or confuse some of them enough to buy me time to escape....lol

12. Ricky

Ricky Member

My ex girlfriend. She was unstoppable when she was angry...

#112 Ricky, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Another 'defensive' weapon would be a drone. I suppose, just go to any large stores and you should find many in their store room. I dont think regular people would grab these at the outbreak of ZA.

Of course, electricity has to be available for charging the batteries. So, a place like ASZ should have a dozen of these devices. Imagine if they have these, just deploy a few to lure the surrounding herd away. A piece of cake....lol

14. ella_k

ella_k Member

That would be too forward thinking. It would be better to throw one of the group over the wall and use that as a distraction to run to the cars (to quote Rick..) :)

15. Z-Fighter

Z-Fighter Member

I would probably use a katana, crossbow (after a year of practice, lol) and an army knife.

16. Lian

Lian Member

What is that ?

17. Lian

Lian Member

Hehe.
    :zombies_lol:

18. Bulrat

Bulrat New Member

I would choose several weapons, all practical, portable and above all else powerful enough to do their job.

Crowbar, this becuse of it's multi purpose use
    Small calibre pistol .22 or similar prefrably silenced this becuse the calible is Deadly enough at qite some range as well as silent or compareably silent as opposed to 9mm or .32s
    Survival/Combat knife for Close combat
    And for ranged combat either a bow or a MP-7 PDW sub machinegun, agian due to the relative "silenced" calibre

And then a tactical nuke LOL

19. Lian

Lian Member

Ah yes.
    They could come in handy.
    :zombies_rolleyes:

20. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

There's a saying- "you go to war with what you have"

Hopefully we never face a ZA.... But if we do, people need to take stock of what they have on hand.
    As an American I enjoy 2nd Amendment rights, and as a firearms instructor, I am trained and proficient.

In a long term global collapse, however, the odds are that survivors will eventually need to revert to more ancient weapons that have defined most of military history- bows, pikes, spears, swords, etc. Only those with gun smithing training and access to materials and equipment would be able to sustain the long term use of firearms repair and ammunition needs. Gunsmiths and mechanics would be a high paid protected class in any group.

The real world can be unpredictable and life is fragile. Police cannot be everywhere. You are the "first responder" in any given situation. Can you handle yourself now? You will not miraculously be endowed with hero powers in a ZA. What laws govern your civil right of self defense? What do you have laying around that could be used as a weapon in an emergency?

I don't mean to take the thread off topic, but I do want people to take control and responsibility for their own safety.