Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Corey, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Corey

Corey New Member

So you just woke up in the hospital from being shot and you learn that the world has ended. You walk down the hallway and see a door that says dont open dead inside. Then to top it off you walk outside and see nothing but dead people lined up in a row. So at this point you mind is going a hundred different directions and your body is still in shock so the fact that it took a shovel to knock him out is a miracle. So at this point I wouldnt know what to do or where to go. What you would you do? Pick the easy way out or stay and fight?

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think my first urge would be to try and make it home to see if my daughter is still ok...so if I was able to get out of there alive and without passing out from fear I'd head home. I think that was pretty realistic as Rick's first move!

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, if by 'easy way out', you mean 'opt out', as Jenner coined it, I would definitely stay and fight. At that point you wouldn't know if the apocalypse was worldwide, or if it was just regional, or what was going on. So, sure, I'd stick around to try and find my family at least.

I think, like Rick and most other people, my first stop would be the houses of family members. Upon finding no one there, I'd head towards the normal institutions people might think of in times of disaster....the hospital, the police station, any local military bases/barracks.

Upon finding nobody there, and by that times probably eyewitnessing several zombies, I'd proceed to shit el pantaloons. At that point I'd probably hunker down someplace fairly fortified, like a second or third floor apartment with the stairwells locked off or even the stairs knocked out if possible, gather some food and supplies, rest for a bit, get my strength back...and in the meantime try to think of places that might still be up and running, like larger military facilities.

In the meantime I might do something like start a bonfire a quarter mile from my location, someplace where I could see it from my window, and then just watch it...see if it attracts any other survivors, and what those survivors look like.

4. Franco

Franco New Member

Try to get a drink
    Get some clothes and shoes on
    Slap and pinch myself to see if I was in a dream .
    Get home

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I rewatched Days Gone Bye last night and took note of something I'm not sure I noticed before. Or maybe I have noticed it before and then just forgot. The mail at Rick's house is stuffed so full it is towering several inches above the opening and falling out. So apparently Lori and Shane fled several days before the mail services stopped? Pretty much impossible given what was going down at the hospital at the time.

the other explanation is that Lori just wasn't bothering with the mail because of everything going on with Rick. But that seems unlikely to me too, given how jammed full it became. At the very least I think she'd take it inside. Just a tid bit.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I watcged it a few months back and was perplexed by the mail box situation also!!! I suppose the USPS quickly added to their "motto" of snow sleet and rain to also include end of world apocalypse OR the grimes family was constantly bombarded with credit card offers and that was simply the norm for one day of mail service

• Friendly Friendly x 1