Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

what would you like in COD ?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by SMG, Feb 28, 2015.

1. SMG

SMG Member

I guess this is the best place to put this thread, and made it in the hopes the makers of COD reads the input from all ( since some of you mention they look at COD forums ) ....so lets give them our input ( if they do read this )

me personally, I like the game ! there's some parts I don't like & some I do like, depending on the version.

........mmmmm...what would I like.... ?
    loved the survival mode game play in MW3, with the waves of enemies & options to buy what ever you want if you have reached the level to buy them.
    forget this zombie crap !

make a game that's a online game, period !
    forget the stupid campaign....I never play them !.....to me it seems like a waste of time & $ spent on making the campaign....IMO spend more time on and effort on the maps and the online game play/survival play.....F campaigns ! if I want a story line I'll watch a movie.
    make a game that's basically a online game (but can be played offline too)
    with BIG maps ! I'm talking about HUGE maps.....take like 4-5 of the average maps & combine them for big map game play, so its truly a BIG map to play on.

weapons.
    forget about these future weapons, have the weapons from WWII - present.
    though allow the older weapons to have updated options (ex. like MG42 w/ red dot).....its a game ! so realistic none of it is truly real it's a game ! so don't say WWII guns cant have red dots...its a game
    have more weapons to choose from ( like at least 2x the amount of weapons for the game we normally have for the game, then have something like COD AW for levels of that weapon (enlisted, pro, elite ) we get to choose from....

#1 SMG, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I just want CoD to have a better network that reduces the lag as much as possible. This is of the utmost importance to me and everyone would benefit from it. That's all I care about really...

3. SMG

SMG Member

sometimes the lag is on your end.
    I haven't experienced much lag in AW, except for when there was a couple people with 1 bar in the game at the same time and that was rare....like 1% of the time I play.... otherwise no lag issues for me.

4. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i am a big MW3 survivor mode player.did 66 waves on Resistance with a gamer from Pennsylvania MATT B NICE420 think the dude was stoned but hell of a player.don't get zombies either tryed it on blackops2 .ghost has big maps but when you get into a lobby with 4v4 on Siege or Stonehaven you can literally watch the birds fly over.i like the campaign mode get to use weapons that in multi player will take XP to open plus you get a ballpark idea of the maps.:love::love::love:

5. SMG

SMG Member

what someone was high & playing video games :eek: :lol:
    I really like MW3 survivor play, that was some good playing.
    I don't even remember the highest level I got on it, but it was up there. played with someone that taught me to lay on the cars in alley way & the jugs cant get you...sweet
    overall loved the MW3 survival play, the way it was setup.

I also really like the pick 13.

#5 SMG, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  6. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I'd probably hate that. I would assume most players would want a zombies only CoD before an online only one.

I play them and enjoy them, seems like a waste of the other half of your $60 or however much you pay, if you buy the game with your own money you've earned, if you buy the newest CoD day one to not play the campaign. PvP gets exhausting.

Think about how **often** PSN "goes down" or goes "under maintenance." I can imagine dedicated FPS players on PS4 to get mad when these fiascoes happen. - I mean, if you want Battlefield sized maps, play Battlefield. The fact that Battlefield does what it does is because of player count / its gameplay. For another example, look at Titanfall. Those maps are big because of traversal mechanics and the Titans themselves. It'll take forever to get to where the action is taking place with just 6v6, no marathon. Increase the player count to 6v6 game modes? Not until dedicated servers is default and is noticeable.

They're already in-game, they just have modern / futuristic designs to them. Advance Warfare has like, what 4.. 5 actual futuristic weapons versus the amount of weapons in the game?

Balance issues. Look at how many weapons are in Battlefield Hardline compared to previous Battlefields. I appose to weapon variants in Call of Duty. Sure, they'd work in MMOs.

I'll admit, I was one of those guys who praised the changes that Advance Warfare brought, but hey, I guess I'm getting old (or I totally suck at Advance Warfare) when it comes to Call of Duty. I don't want exo suits, I don't want pick 13 (Would prefer pick 10, but I'm probably just speaking in terms of making the game easier for myself), I don't want other complications that just makes the game too much to keep up with. I always refer to this when prompted to a topic like this: just port Black Ops 2 / Modern Warfare 2 / Black Ops 1 / World at War / CoD 4. Those Call of Duties were next to perfect, aside from a couple issues (Haven't played CoD 4 but I'm just going off from what I see on the internet). But you know, can't please the masses and it's a different generation.

*Not for every PSN player.

7. MERCURYSB3

except in wave twentyfive the juggs have amored bot support and they will grenade and flash the hell out of you.and in Dome the juggs have helicopter support and bot support making for a great game.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

8. SMG

SMG Member

Futurelly - I should of mentioned have it like 12 vs 12 or 15 vs 15 ?
    then maybe for the online issue, not to be rude and cut someone out of playing the game, but have some kind of system that will judge if the person has a good enough internet connection to play such a big map with X-amount of people....if not then the system will redirect the person to 3 vs 3 or 6 vs 6......then of course better servers.

Mercury - its been a while since played MW3, though I do believe I got over level 50 (w/another player) couple times on resistance by laying on the 2 cars in alley way closest to the dumpster, also kind of camping in the house with 2 sentry guns inside (when the jugs weren't out).
    there was heli support on several rounds but take them out fast, had several riot & regular jugs at same time....they couldn't get to you & didn't even shoot at you, so you just picked them off, then took care of the rest (mainly only used the car glitch when the round had several jugs in it, just for the jugs)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MERCURYSB3

your a real survivor player if you know the car glitch.then of course you would leave a helicopter up to take a break or keep it busy while your teamate got a chance to put down claymores and fill up on ammo.
    camping in this game is a must after wave twentytwo cause you need the kills for money to keep updateing weapons and scorestreaks.SMG in COD-AW i use the multi grenade and one mode is the threat grenade was wondering when i use it and light up badguys do my teamates see this also?:cell::cell::cell:

10. MERCURYSB3

12v12 or 15v15 was the hope of Ghost with those big maps the games would had been epic. makes you wonder how much controll developers really have with gaming performance i have two friends i game with from Canada and one from Mexico, zero lag you can tell by how loose the bot feels and with someone from the midwest and the west coast nothing but grief.makes me wonder what system pro gamers play on during championship games..:jaw: :jaw::jaw:

11. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I think SG went with the Pick 13 just to prove a point. Treyarch said it would be too confusing for players, if they allowed you to choose different scorestreaks for each of your classes in CoD:BO2. Clearly that's not the case and the Pick 13 system proves that.

Without the 3 extra points, Pick 13 would just be the Pick 10 system, with custom scorestreaks for each class...

12. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_Arachnid New Member

I would really like to see more creative zombie maps, I'd like to see something similar to black ops 2 with the different maps based around the world, but 'd like to see different zombie maps based ALL around to world.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

If possible, maybe add in more maps for the zombies mode. I feel like there aren't that many. I mean there are DLCs but doesn't feel like it's enough.

14. arghyadeep

arghyadeep New Member

I would like Call of Duty to improve their multiplayer(via internet) and make the interface fast and responsive for a better online playing experience.

Also, they should provide active support for older versions of Call of Duty such as Cod 4 and modern warfare.

15. SMG

SMG Member

I'm not a guy that makes gaming systems, or games...so I don't know the tech stuff about support for older games.
    but IMO its all just digital information on a disc (aside from downloads store on system) & I don't understand why older 360 games cant play on XB1.
    that's like saying your movie you bought on disc years ago wont play on the brand new computer you bought yesterday.....BS it'll still play it, so why the issue with older games ?

you put the disc in & it should play it like no other disc that gets put in it ! its all just information stored on a disc.

let alone they could fix it where if you want to play the older games on the new XB1 it could be a downloadable version only.
    yes that would suck to rebuy the game but it would give you the option to play the older games on a newer system

IMO its all a scam XB is doing with XB1

#15 SMG, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  16. MERCURYSB3

funny, same thing said about the games on the "green xbox" that they could be played on the new xbox 360.no doubt some company will put out a console that will play most of the older games. :nerd::nerd::nerd:

17. SMG

SMG Member

lately MS says they came up with a way to play old 360 games on XB1, which is cool....but they look like some really old low tech games vs like some higher tech games.
    I really hope they can do it for MW3 !

aside from all the stuff people want in a game, everyone has different answers, though I bet everyone would agree with me on this one...............some kind of program that can detect if someone is hacking/cheating in the game & would kick them out of the game w/a warning & 3rd time you're game & maybe even your PS/XB account is banned from online game play.

18. MERCURYSB3

i am at 3,519 kills with the stinger in MW3.and if i die i left a note in my will that my grandson is to make the 5,000 mark so as to get a stinger metal and to be the Master Stinger player....yea it s a slow day.:tinfoil3::tinfoil3::tinfoil3:

19. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

Personally I think the game should be tuned more to esports, with bigger maps and a larger skill gap. Also maybe some bigger maps as I am tired of the fast paced jump everywhere kind of thing, I am ready to go back to Black ops 1!:)

20. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend New Member

Less of this energy weapon rubbish, larger scaled maps and environments with more interactive aspects, less annoying kids with microphones and realistic physics. Bullet drop would be nice. ..basically everything the Battlefield series has.