Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's Chris Hardwick like in real life?

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by RickGrimesFan20, Dec 8, 2014.

1. RickGrimesFan20

On the Talking Dead show, I find Chris Hardwick to be funny, likable, and kinda corny. Is he like this in real life? Do you think it's an act he puts on in front of the camera? You know how some people put on fake smiles for the audience when the cameras are rolling? Some celebrities and athletes do this, too. Is he nice in real life?

For some reason I don't trust guys who act jokey and nice all the time on tv.

#1 RickGrimesFan20, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

If you're really interested you could listen to Chris Hardwick being interviewed by Marc Maron on the WTF podcast:

[video=youtube;chJ_h6W4GuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJ_h6W4GuY[/video]

This is audio only, the video is just filler. He's a more haunted and complicated guy than he appears on the Talking Dead. Him and Marc Maron have history but they're all good now. It's an interesting listen.

3. RickGrimesFan20

Thank you

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to post about this, but hey, color me unimpressed. That guy seemed whack anyway.

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah very disappointing news. I guess there are two very different sides to the dude.

Those who are lost...... here ya go. She's talking about Chris Hardwick:

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Well that’s disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. PepperAnn

His company he founded (Nerdist) has taken all references and links to him off their website. He’s not affiliated with them anymore and now he REALLY isn’t. I have a feeling Talking Dead will be cancelled too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nah, it is AMCs show not his. They will find a new host. Fans are already screaming for Yvette Nicole Brown to take over

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is. My first thought was "well, DAMMIT"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ok that I could be on board with when I get past my denial.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

But I will be curious to see what AMC decides to do with his non TWD talk show that premiers its second season in just days or weeks

I bet the peeps at SDCC are scrambling for new moderators. I assume he is/was suppose to moderate the walking and fear walking dead panels and I read that he was moderating another shows panel but I cannot remember which one

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I KNOW, RIGHT? She would be awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

No denying, she is a true fan

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Good Lord people are cruel

The woman who outed, who we can assume is Hardwick, her abuser is getting dragged through the nasty streets of twitter

I am disappointed, angry, pissed, saddened, disheartened that a celebrity that I enjoyed watching is more than likely an abuser.

But come on people.....

The woman was abused. How is that people do not see that their hate speech only compounds the abuse that she has suffered.

Choose not to believe her? I guess that is fine, but simply do not believe her. Stop destroying her emotional/mental health anymore than she has already suffered.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A very disheartening development. It will be interesting to see how he responds. Yeah, they won't cancel TTD. A show that still averages over 2 million viewers on cable [at least post TWD] with very low productions costs is a cash cow. If anything, they will just replace him as host.

My feelings on Yvette. I like Yvette Nicole Brown, and she's about the only non-TWD connected guest who I dont' fast forward through, but I'm not 100% sure i'd like to listen to her for an hour, 32 weeks a year.

I was just discussing this with @Jen7 a couple weeks ago, about all the changes I think they could make to TTD to make it something I wouldn't fast forward though lol. This will probably be long winded so you can stop reading now.

For one, get rid of the non TWD connected guest. So much time is wasted with fluff with some random guest going babababababababa about nothing. Its like listening to reddit. In their place, have someone different each week who is some type of crew on the show. One week you could have the animal person, explaining what they had to do to make the horse do this or that, or have the dogs or snake come out of the woods, then the props guy next week, then a stunt man who did something big during a certain episode, a special effects person, and so on and so forth..

I'd expand the trivia and make it interactive with the audience. Maybe 6 or 8 questions and the loser got attacked by a zombie or hit with a bat or something different each time.

More of the episode would take place on location in previously filmed clips. Expand the section where they show behind the scenes filming. More interesting factual tidbits than the ones they usually do: "This was so and so's favorite scene to film and he/she said it reminded them of another movie they did..." blah blah...Meatier things like "this was never revealed in dialogue, but this person's background story is actually x, y, z", There are all kinds of things like that that never make it into dialogue and you only find out if you dig it up in some interview. Like the guy who was running the funeral home before Beth and Daryl arrived. He was trying to make the corpses look human again, and he went out on the run one day and forgot to bring his heart medication and he had a heart attack under a bridge. He also gets taken in and is one of the patients we see at Grady Memorial but he never regains consciousness. They have all kinds of ideas and stories like that that never make it into the episode. They should be on TTD while the episode is fresh in everyone's mind.

Each epi could also have a "nostalgia minute" or something where we visit a location from previous seasons, like look, here is what that big room in the CDC really is....or look, here we are meeting the owners of Hershel's house [if you could convince them to do it], here is the bar where hershel got drunk and here is its owner, and here is a funny story about the filming here...maybe even with a deleted scene or outtake from that time.

Also a section of blooper reels and outtakes from that night's episode. Seeing everyone mess up lines repeatedly, and accidentally punch each other during fight scenes, or Michonne flubbing her line and falling down too hard with a walker, and so on....

And a section of deleted scenes from that night's episode, when possible.

Those are some of the ways i'd change up the show. Maybe now is a great opportunity to mix things up with TTD ;)

#15 Neuropyramidal, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

She would be fantastic! I love her.

Oh lovely, the manbaby army is already on the case. I'm not surprised.

17. PepperAnn

SH
    She’d be the perfect choice.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have wanted for so long that the non TWD related guests was done away with. I would really like if directors (at least those other than Nicotero) were also included on the couch from time to time or the writer/s of the episode

Though the episode "Still" is not liked by a great number of fans I do remember enjoying the Talking Dead because the director of the episode was also a guest on TTD. It was interesting to hear his thoughts and process on directing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am so damn naive at times, pray tell - what is the "manbaby army" ?????

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Even if they did 1/3 of this it would be so much better. I also prefer the episodes where they only have cast or show-related guests. My favorite segments are always the behind the scenes shots, or even the part where they have little pop-up facts about the filming of the episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1