Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's Chris Hardwick like in real life?

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by RickGrimesFan20, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Interesting. Not even “alleged victim.” I supposed she survived the attention that she got from all of the people who were curious about the allegations, but she brought that attention on herself by publishing the essay in the first place. What a tangled web we weave.

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the focus will not be on him. I supposed Talking Dead went to a taped format instead of live to avoid audience focus on him instead of the show. If the NYCC panel goes well, maybe Talking Dead will go live again. Fingers crossed.

3. Lindigo

I skimmed through it. There was also a little bit about Argento and Bennet that ended with "Argento has since now accused Bennett of assault." Without the context that we already have, that sentence looks like Asia actually has some sort of convincing claim of Jimmy being the aggressor.

Shallow, cringe-worthy reporting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BadassRick

BadassRick Active Member

Not only did she publish that essay, but she continued tweeting about him after he, AMC & NBC had already moved on from her. And now, she's doing an interview with TIME about him. For someone who claims to not want attention, she's very good at drawing it to herself.

-

I also found this part of the article funny.

Really? That's how she felt? Then why did she tweet this the day after she posted her essay...

#2004 BadassRick, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  5. Lindigo

This youtuber goes overboard in attacking "metoo, but the info about Asia Argento is interesting, how she used sex to further her career. I feel so sorry for Bourdain that he got involved with a devious skank when he was on shaky ground.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Biffster

Anyone see any correlation to the idea of believing a woman when she tells her story with respect to the Brett Kavanaugh hearings for the Supreme Court? I myself find Christine Blasey Ford’s story easy to believe and Kavanaugh’s denials to be a major concern for a Supreme Court contender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, replace Kavanaugh with someone you like, your boy Chris for example, and you would have voted yes on his nomination - because of due process, you know. So yeah, there is correlation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I have to agree with NakedCity on this one. If Chris Hardwick was in line for a supreme court seat and lied, badly and obviously,and blustered, and whined, and shouted and snarled, at the job interview for it, then I'd support *him* because he's always seemed like a decent sort of chap and...no, hang on, what's the word I want? DISagree. That's it.

There's a world of difference between:
    a) someone losing a tv gig because a commercial enterprise don't want to risk getting it wrong and incurring the wrath of the matholic mob who haven't begun to assess the vague 'accusations' of not always being an angel (but when the company do, he gets his job back,
    and
    b) an entitled frat boy who pretends that he never ever behaved the way nobody used to complain about frat boys behaving, because they did (and he did), because he wants a promotion that he feels is his as a birthright and is prepared to lie unconvincingly, to address the decision makers with outright aggression and passive aggression and pure fabrication rather than answer simple questions with apologetic humility, and misrepresents evidence in a job interview for a role that must never misrepresent evidence.

So one is a tv presenter with a bitter ex-gf and the other should never have been a judge at all, let alone sit with the highest, and who has shown they can't be trusted to act impartially and in the interests of all.

You're stumbling, again, on that false dichotomy that it is, alas, at the root of your cult: It is possible to be non-matholic without actually being a godless heathen. Additional tip: try arguing for yourself. If all you have is 'this is what you'd do', then you hav eno argument,.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Lindigo

I don't see everyone's comments, so I don't understand what the last paragraph is saying, but I completely agree with the rest of this, both the comparative analysis between the two accused men and and the contempt for the snarling, entitled frat boy.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Biffster

I’d say there is a big difference in temperament between Chris Hardwick and Brett Kavanaugh, and a great deal more evidence from his reaction alone that Kavanaugh is guilty of exactly what Ford has accused him of. And yes, this is not the kind of person who should be a Supreme Court Justice, given the temperament he has displayed so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Everyone thought his temperament was fine until he was (falsely?) accused of attempted rape. I suppose that means his temperament will go *back* to being just fine if no one else accuses him of a crime.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Well, I hadn't given a moment's thought to his temperament before the claims, mostly because I was entirely unaware of him.

But I'm given to understand that a lot of people who are, or were, more familiar with his temperament did *not* think it was "just fine" until several women came forward to recount their experience of him (truthfully?) (See, we can all play silly games with language).

Now I have seen his temperament...have you? Do you think that person should be any sort of judge, let alone sit with the highest for life?

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Morgotha

I wouldn't hold this outburst against him. Assuming he's being falsely accused, he has worked his whole life to try and be the best, and finally is in sight of the brass ring for his field, only to see it being taken away from him for something he didn't do? To know that for the rest of his life his wife and the public at large might always have some tiny doubt as to whether he's really innocent or not?

I think anyone would be angry in his situation, and I don't fault him for expressing it. Actually, I'd be even more concerned if he said something like, "whatever man, confirm me or not, I've still got my gig on the appeals court, it's all good."

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

That's a false dichotomy (and a smidgen of reductio ad absurdum, I think). As if there were only two options, and of course your absurd option is absurd, so we should be happy with the other one.

You say you'd be 'even more' concerned - is that an ignorance of language reflecting an ignorance of thought, or carelessness reflecting careless thinking, or are you enjoying trolling for want of anything better to do? You're not concerned, so you can't be 'even more' concerned by your absurd imagining. Reminder: you made the last bit up from whole cloth, so I shouldn't worry about the possibility of being concerned by it.

You say 'this' and 'outburst', as though he'd accidentally used a cuss word in his frustration. Is this a deliberate attempt to misrepresent the evidence? No wonder you find fellow feeling with him. There were multiple instances of 'outbursts' and 'prevarications' and 'deflections' and 'diversions' and so on and on and on (not to mention the multiple counts of perury...from a judge). That was not someone being frustrated in his career goals, it was someone who felt robbed of his entitlement because his out-dated behaviours and attitudes have been exposed to the light of day. He didn't even have the wit to play it as though he were genuinely innocent - let alone appear genuinely innocent.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Morgotha

Was there an opinion hidden in that narcissistic ramble somewhere?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Several. I wonder why you didn't spot them? Ah, because you can apparently only see yourself.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is what happens to me when I get too excited about watching internet drama unfold.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Morgotha

Because I gave up trying about half-way through the blather.

If you think about it, that would be a pretty remarkable skill, however, if it was true, how would I be able to respond to you, or even know you posted?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Seeing Trump today mock and discredit a potential victim for not remembering every detail or for what could appear as incongruence in her version and blindly take side with a potential abuser reminded me of the old days of this thread when you all did the same.

Now just imagine if a mentally-unstable-self-flattering-nerd could come about and try to save Trump's face by using high-school level metaphors about religion and Tolkien, the cycle would be complete.

You're all good people.

And by all, I mean the clowns in here, not the actual good people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm up for the task if you want me to give it a go. I LOVE Tolkien references! Love em!

• Like Like x 1