Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's up with Coalport?

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by offrope, Feb 25, 2019.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

Coalport is a very small town in northwest Pennsylvania. Nothing at all significant about that area in real life, just rural mountainous forestland, mostly. It would seem that something significant did happen there in the ZA. We keep getting hints that it was something bad. In this episode Kelly said if they hadn't left their post they'd have been killed, too, and seemed to feel a little guilt about that. The fact that it keeps coming up must mean that it either is or will become relevant to the story. Any ideas?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the military base where they took Rick.

3. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Anything is possible but I find it hard to imagine Rick not being able to make it to back Virginia from Pennsylvania.

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Obviously, to me at least, seems to be a place where things went bad. My guess is an attempted community post-ZA that collapsed. Like a Woodbury, maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. offrope

offrope Active Member

I'm also not clear if Magna's group went from Coalport to Philadelphia or the other way around. Philly is where Luke found the fiddle that Michonne destroyed. Where did that group start out?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmm I never thought that it could be a significant plot point in the future.

I was under the impression that is was just being used as a means to clue us in that Magna's group has possibly had a similar type journey that Rick's group had (the farm, to the prison to Alexandria). That in the beginning all seemed fine with each place and then something happens to make it go tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. offrope

offrope Active Member

If it had only been mentioned in passing I'd agree that it was to compare experiences. The fact that Coalport has been mentioned in each episode this group has been in, and an actual conversation about it in 9.11 leads me to think there may be more to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh I do love a good mystery!!

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Makes sense now that you have me thinking about it!

They only mention the other community they were at in episode 906 when they are at the gates of Alexandria. It is only Coalport that they have mentioned several times

10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Especially within a 6 year time period.

• Agree Agree x 1