Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's with the tea ?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by 1may1984, Oct 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 1may1984

1may1984 New Member

Through out ep3 they kept focusing on this tea that the creepy scientist bloke makes.

I have'nt read the comics and was wondering if this special tea means something ?

They just seemed to refer to the tea alot.:zombies_confused:

2. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Niether Milton nor the tea were in the comics. I also thought something was up with the tea but the producer that was on Talking Dead last night said it was just a nod to someone who works on the show and he didn't name names.

3. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Maybe it could be David Morrissey or Andrew Lincoln being they are British and all. I am guessing David though.

Maybe it is the Governor's version of the "Kool-Aid" they talk about all the mainstream political people drinking these days?

4. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

I believe its a writer / executive who likes the tea. on the talking dead they were talking about "the person who won't be named" but he always shows up in a suit in and Tie. i don't think the actors are showing up n suites and ties, (probably not the writers either) which would lead me to believe an executive with the show. ... could be one of the writers but i don't think so.

has anyone here been on set much? have you seen anyone in a business suit?

5. nlew

nlew New Member

Since everyone is infected, could the tea be some sort of antidote that they are working on? Also, a co-worker of mine called in to the Talking Dead last night and asked about the tea and she was told to call back next week and ask and that she would be put on air.

6. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I think they were just illustrating that they acyually had....tea. that was prolly the first tasty beverage the group had seen in months....just a symbol of regular society creeping back in.

7. ZombiesWantHugs

ZombiesWantHugs New Member

I thought it was a sort of easter egg type thing refering to breaking bad since the but i like the antidote theory more though

8. F.A.S.H

F.A.S.H New Member

"Calming" Tea maybe??

Hey guys, first time poster here, but did anyone else get the idea that the tea might be a calming drug to keep people docile. Remember when they were sitting at the table and someone asked how do they keep panic from breaking out....maybe thats what the tea is.... a tranquiliser to keep everyone calm and inside the walls of the compound. Then again the Gov drinks it, so maybe it's not......

I really find it hard to believe that they clearly made a point of the tea twicein the episode (once in the lab and again at the table) and supposedly it's a nod to someone who works on set?I don't believe it........they must be saving it for something bigger surely.

As for it being a cure, maybe a repellent against bites, so the venom doesnt spread, but a cure would throw the whole series off kilter, plus they'res no mention of that in the comics...right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here......:zombies_shocked:

9. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I think it's HEMP tea! :)

10. umandave

umandave New Member

I feel there is something up with the tea, I have no inside info but I think something will be up with the tea. I drink coffee and would be asking for that!

11. slw2082

I agree with you that I just have the feeling there is something more to it that maybe they are saving for later. I didn't like the way it was explained away on Talking Dead. As a reference to someone but we won't tell you who. WTH why not??? Weird. Maybe there is something in the tea, maybe not but to put that much of an emphasis on it to just be a head nod doesn't make sense to me either.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes i agree, I think the tea is to represent a civilized society in Woodbury and to show off they had tea unlike scavenging for food & fluids like most surviving groups have been doing..

13. page

page Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm paraphrasing but didn't the governor say something to the effect of "I like your tea"

Can't anyone boil water and make tea? Looks like this scientist guy is making a special kind of tea.

Too much time was spent on it. In story telling, you show, not tell.
    If they wanted to show that they were civilized, at most, they'd have someone come in and say, "more tea, govenah?"
    And that's it. There's more to this. I guarantee it.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It's a reference to a writer on the show.

15. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

While it is possible that there is more to it, I feel that it was more to show how much they have going for them. Tea is a luxury item, not a necessity. If you have time for luxury items then things must be going pretty good. Look at Rick and Co. at the prison. They were happy to have cans of cans.

16. slw2082

Although you could be entirely correct (and probably are) I would have felt better if they just would have used coffee then or soda or like page said 'more tea gov'ner?' rather than seemingly making direct references to it just to get us thinking something is up when it's just a head nod to a writer.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

There's nothing like a good cuppa tea..

18. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Can we stick to the apocalypse? Send your shout outs some other way! Don't throw tea in the mix... I gotta dwell on it!

19. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

I'm a newb but think there is more to the TEA than the explanation from the "Talking Dead" Producer. Just the way the Guvnor spoke to his evil mad scientist that he " I Like Your Tea" comment. But that's just MHO. However; on another note even though this episode 03-03 took off and went away from our original survivors, I did gather that the show's creators are loosening up on doing some explaining with the story line about the details of the Apocalypse and how the show's survivors have coped with this tragedy. ie; doing experiments on the heads of the "walkers" that did Not receive a head/kill shot. like the "Twins" and the Helo Pilot too. How we found out as TV Watchers that Michonne had the Twins to gaurd off walkers using the Twins as Camouflage/Scent abatement. I also think the Evil Mad Scientist has/is performing lots ad lots of Evil Experiments on Walkers and on SURVIVORS too. That is perhaps Why the Guvnor is keeping the Girls close and trying to persuade them that his lil town is a safe haven. As the Guvnor wants to do some sort of Evil Experiment on them and also on Rick's Group too. But that's just my .02 cents worth of guesstimation about the Tea and Experiments...the Tea is an Experiment..that worked...anti dote?????

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The tea is brewed with the water from the fish tank heads.. :zombies_neutral: