Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

When Andrea says," I know how the safety works"

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by ShanesGhost, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ShanesGhost

ShanesGhost Member

My reaction was like this

[​IMG]

Probably the only time I really felt for her character since her sister died. RIP to Andrea, a character that should have been so much more but the show writers failed her in so many ways much like they did to T-Dogg's, Dale, and now Andrea's character.

2. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Lol
    Seriously though, 100% this.

Soo much potential...argh

3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

TWD hurt my feelings 2 weeks in a row, not cool.

[​IMG]

4. The_Not_So_Dead

TBH I didn't really expect the writers would end Andrea. The comment about the safety was a nice S1 reference. Even though she was not one of my favorite characters, it's a pity she couldn't be the much-rumoured comic Andrea.

5. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

6. halfkatr

halfkatr Member

I've had times were I've intensely disliked Andrea but I didn't want it to end like this, never like this!

7. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I'm loving the season 1 references, like in 3x10:

Merle: Damn near killed... that Chinese kid.
    Daryl: He's Korean.
    Merle: Whatever.

...was a reference to 1x04

Daryl: You got some balls for a Chinaman.
    Glenn: I'm Korean.
    Daryl: Whatever.

I loved the reference to 1x02 and 1x05 with the safety.

8. Country

Country Member

That moment got me so hard! I was going to cry my eyes out :(

9. tummlykins

tummlykins New Member

Poor choice of words.

10. zombie_ninja50

Hahaha

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

If she didn't get death threats we might've seen the bad ass Andrea. She was becoming it then nope she's gone.

12. Country

Country Member

still under shock sorry lol

13. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I was actually surprised Andrea died, because it seemed "too easy" a reach from last weeks ending where she was shown in the Governors special torture chair. The previews all this past week leading up to last nights show, made it seem her doom was inevitable WHICH by TV logic means she will be rescued by the good guy (99.99% formulamatic TV stuff)...like Glenn & Maggie were before.
    So even though it was a bummer to have Andrea gone from the show, at least it doesn't turn out to be an updated "Hogans Heroes" with Rick's group constantly infiltrating undetected & getting over on The Governor every time...essentially turning Morrissey's character into a modern version of "Colonel Klink" and Woodbury into "Stalag 13"

14. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Gawd, I hope that she didn't leave the show because of that!! I heard about some of those threat stories & that would REALLY suck for several reason (besides Laurie Holden leaving after last night). The 2 most important ones just off the top of my head would be : 1.) affects it would have on getting future quality actors on the show (seriously... what actor would want to be in a series and have to deal with such crass behavior?!?), & 2.) possible changes in film locations for the show, due to such threats, which would hurt future Georgia revenue as well as strides it has made in the film &TV industry.

P.S.: I hope that ass hat that called in from Tennessee is publicly called out by Chris Hardwick and the staff @ Talking Dead!!

15. The_Not_So_Dead

I'm probably going to say something really stupid now, but unless there's really a threat, I probably wouldn't leave the show (sure way of earning money). No matter what you play, as an actor/actress, unfortunately stupid people still exist, thinking that you are the character.

That would mean that if Laurie Holden left TWD because of the threats, they have reached such extreme heights that it would have become unsafe for her to continue.

I don't know how much credence I gave that article. No doubt about it, I believe that they're people out there doing stuff like that (always are). Maybe after that article, the threats increased (herd-idea), I don't know. It's just such a pity to kill of an character like how Andrea got it. It left me unsatisfied.

If TWD was a soap-serie, she probably have gotten plastic surgery and, voila, a new face and actress. :zombies_confused:

16. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

I felt embarrassed for her and wanted things to end quickly — mercy killing. Literally and figuratively. The entire sequence was painful to watch.

17. camous

camous Member

That was so sad, and Michonne staying with her...aw heartbreaking

18. Aurora

Aurora Member

It was my third time watching the walking dead and I only just noticed the reference.
    Andrea mentions about the safety referring to the time she met Rick when she pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger but the safety was on, Rick later mentioned that she should make sure the safety is off.

19. dachtorstrange

dachtorstrange New Member

Writer Goof

Rick carries a revolver. Revolvers typically (99.99%) don't have safeties, and the model that Rick carries is NOT the exception, therefore there is no safety on it.

20. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

[​IMG]