Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

When Good Characters Do Dumb Things

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by The Great Zombini, Nov 24, 2014.

1. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

There's nothing worse in a good story than making a good character do something really stupid and predictable for the sake of a plot.

I knew the second Sasha started talking with the new "Bob" he was going to attack her. Why would a seemingly smart character take a prisoner off on her own without telling the others and then turn her back on the prisoner when they were alone?

That was so friggin' stupid and it makes Sasha's character look like an idiot. :zombies_mad:

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

agreed... and its very annoying when we sit back and watch her make this stupid decision seeing as how they just went through a few instances where people weren't how they thought and they lied to them (aka terminus and the gov). she really should have known better by now. i guess she is fragile from what just happened with her and bob, but how stupid can you be?

3. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

it should have been Tyreese and not Sasha that he got over on. I get that they had to accomplish him escaping but it would have fit Tyreese's character far better to do something that stupid.

4. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

Wouldn't have happened if his name wasn't Bob 2.0.

5. FISH

FISH Member

You just saw it coming didnt you, as soon as she started talking to new Bob you knew it wasnt going to end well

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I actually think the story about Tyler was either part or fully true. I believed him, and that led me to believe that the walker outside was his friend. So I could understand her wanting to help someone, especially in light of the conversation she had just had with tyreese. That being said, she should have told him to go back to where he had been sitting rather than just turning her back on him.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't understand the vendetta some people have against characters screwing up. Have you never made a mistake, or done something stupid and looked back on your decision in regret? People make mistakes.

8. Orpheus

Orpheus Member

The scene was lame too, and on top of that they really should know by now that 1. don't turn your back on strangers 2. don't trust strangers 3. don't wander off doing stupid shit basicly.
    And maybe 4..: WHEN did Rick stop asking his famous 3(?) questions when they meet new people?!

9. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

You don't know how easily shit can cloud your mind, specially after your boyfriend lied about being bit and cannibals ate his leg. They were trying to go with the Tyreese storyline from last season with what Michonne said to Ty "Anger makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed" Although Sasha seemed to move on, she still felt compassion towards that guys story because she just lost someone, so it just so happens that that cop is a better lier than Eugene.

Rick took these guys by force and tied them up, the questions were not needed because they already knew they were a threat.

#9 Gaycandybacon, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  10. batongal

batongal Active Member

Tyrese reaching out to Sasha and having that talk scrambled her brain. She was very angry at the beginning of the episode and didn't want to talk about anything. Once Tyrese told her she should and be thankful she had time to say goodbye she started letting her guard down. Now throw in that his name was Bob too and she probably thought it was a sign that he would be honest with her.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

They didn't meet these people, they were hostages. So that's probably why Rick didn't ask the questions.

Let's face it, Sasha's been through a lot recently. This episode would have been set only a day or two after Bob died - only a day or two after cannibals kidnapped him, cut off his leg, ate it and brought him back. Aside from losing her boyfriend, let's not overlook how traumatic it would have been to watch someone you care for go through that. She's angry, and grieving, and that can knock you about and cloud your judgement.

If anything, the real mistake was leaving someone with such fresh wounds who was obviously struggling (she was very closed off and angry) alone with a hostage. I don't think it's just Sasha to blame here.

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Maybe the question isn't Sasha making the mistake she made but why did Rick, Tyrese, and Darryl make the mistaike of leaving a clearly emotionally impaired Sasha in charge -- alone-- of a prisoner?

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. Never. I'm perfect.

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Unlike these stupid characters and their lazy writers, I never make mistake my life.

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It wasn't anything that doesn't happen in the real world.

People look for weaknesses in other people & then they exploit those weaknesses. It happens to the best of us I'm a afraid.

Sasha's boyfriend just died, she is grieving, it's a mistake taking someone who is emotional from a traumatic event on this mission that requires everyone bringing their best game.

Who here has never been the victim of someone's sad story? I certainly have many times taken someone at face value to find their words were all a ruse.

Domestic violence is another classic example of predators seeking out weaknesses to exploit.

People even do it here. We've in the past seen a few former members who used the PM system to pick out soft targets to PM their sad stories. Instead of a financial or physical gain they do it for an emotional pay off.

Sasha didn't do anything out of the ordinary..

16. FISH

FISH Member

Exactly and why didnt they restrain him better, zip tie his legs as well or strap him to the pole

17. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

holy shit. could Bob 2.0 be the recipient of comic Martinez death? that would be awesome and a perfect time for it too. especially if we do get the "we are the walking dead" speech too

18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Because it wouldn't have been a really stupid mistake if they had played it any other way.

19. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Sonequa talked about on Talking Dead how when Sasha heard his name was Bob, and heard his story, she felt like it was Bob trying to talk to her. It makes sense. She was vulnerable. It wasn't "lazy writing" or a "stupid mistake."

Seriously, give me a break.

20. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

I raged in front of my TV. I saw this coming a mile ago.
    When even I know that he will do something, how is it that a 2(?) year zombie apocalypse survivor still do this stupid mistakes?!
    This cop could have EASILY killed Sasha.

Thats not even realistic anymore, NO ONE would be so dumb after 2 years in this world to turn your back on a stranger.