Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where do they go for hair styling in the zombie world?

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Miamicuse, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

COLORING:

[​IMG]

CURLS:

[​IMG]

WEAVING & CORNROWS:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Good point!

And future episodes show even more elaborate styles.

And what about dental? They all have such perfect teeth, considering the fights, falls, lack of nutrition, etc.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Their teeth are good because they are down to eating healthy fruits and vegetables. Goo goo clusters ran out long ago and I doubt Eugene can duplicate the recipe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've often wondered that about their eyebrows too. Who does the microblading, threading, and/or waxing at Alexandria?

[​IMG]

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

well wherever they go Carol needs to make an appointment!!

Her time jump long hair is just awful

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. calliope

calliope Active Member

And let's not forget Andrea's pedicure while struggling to get away from walker Milton!

In all fairness, though, I think the women (and men) on this show sacrifice a lot of their vanity to stay on the series. Lauren and Danai, just to name two, are stunningly beautiful when they are in full makeup. In appearance conscious Hollywood, I'm sure it costs all the actors to some extent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

The scene in last week's episode when the one girl is talking to Michonne outdoors, the first thing my girlfriend asked was "Who is doing her twists, because I can't find anyone in the real world to make them look that good."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

You know this last picture is of dreadlocks, right? And that's an easy hair style.

Complex braiding would be a friendly project in the evenings when there isn't much to do anyway.

Lori's and Andrea's dyed hair irritated me more than anyone's hair in the current time. It was a factor in my dislike of both of them. Yes, there are unused hair products in every drug store in the apocalypse, and it wouldn't be hard to do if they had water to waste. WHY this mattered to them in an apocalypse, though, always made me give them the stink eye.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Some people get the luck of the genetic draw, too. I'm 45 and have never had a cavity. Dentists have always said it's something about my saliva that gets rid of oogie badness.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Wherever it is that everyone goes, they've all done a dang fine job of keeping it a secret from Daryl!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Seventh_son

Ha!

What's his secret? Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

Sadly, they only communicate through primal grunting, so the secret will probably be lost to history...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Speaking of hair...

Why the long witch like hair with Carol on the preview?

May be she has already married? So this is hair fitting for a queen?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Carol's hairstyle clearly tells us that she wants to be an elf queen per Lord of the Rings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Seventh_son

Carol will always be my babe no matter the 'do!

15. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Mrs Qua is greatly relieved that someone else has noticed the eyebrows and the teeth, as well as the hair. She complains about at least once an episode...

I've been giving it all an 'American TV' pass - assuming that audiences wouldn't warm to a more realistic personal aesthetic, that actors would prefer not to risk being typecast as scruffy & unkempt, and that there's no money left for wigs and...eyebrow wigs (is that a thing?) after they've made such realistic walkers.

If the Rick films do take place in the UK, you should see more realistic dentition at any rate :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Lindigo

Your mother had the same "luck," right? I worked with a dentist at the U.S. Public Health Service who said caries bacteria are contagious, and if the mother doesn't carry them, her children won't carry that bacteria. It has to do with how mothers share their food with their toddlers and their brand new teeth. These mothers don't pass this worldwide endemic contagion on to their children. That colony never becomes established in their toddlers' mouths, even though the toddlers grow up and go on to share food with other people.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

I wish I could say for certain, but my mother passed when I was just under 8. Oddly enough, my sister is the exact opposite of me. She’s 2.5 years younger and I swear her cavities had cavities when we were growing up.

So... there may be something to what you’re saying, now that you bring up that. My sister and I come from the same genetic pool, but her teeth are “soft” as Charmin Red while mine have been the opposite.

18. Lindigo

I'm very sorry for your loss of your mother so young, ntotoro. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Thank you... never really thought about it a ton as an adult until my kids started asking why they don't have a grandmother on my side. They don't have cavities, either LOL!!!

20. Lindigo

You are the mom?!? I didn't know male or female from your name. That dovetails with what the dentist told me about the mother being (or not being) the transmitter of the bacteria that causes dental caries!!! You can tell them they can thank the grandma they never met for their never getting cavities!

Your daughters' children will also not get cavities.

The dentist explained to me that dental caries bacteria are a worldwide endemic infection. Almost everyone has it, so we have come to think it is inevitable. But it is NOT. It is a bacterial infection that mothers pass to their children. But a few women are not carriers and their line of descendants are also not carriers.

For the rest of us, there are different strains of the bacteria that are consistent within the maternal line.

His mission in the Public Health Service was to convince society that dental caries can be wiped out. He espoused painting newly erupted teeth with a coating that was permanent and prevented the bacteria from attaching. Thus, no cavities. When the baby teeth fall out and the adult teeth come in, that person retains the immunity from the bacteria because it never colonized in that person's mouth. (But he wanted to paint the adult teeth, too, because it was cheap and clear, and why not.)

This kinda reminds me of the Walking Dead infection as I type about it. If you were in the apocalypse, you would represent a generational line that would not turn. lol