Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by PepperAnn, Jan 24, 2020.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Dnae has been gone for all of two days and Chris and Blackbird have literally been gone for mere hours. Are you tripping balls?

You've gone full-blown ginger haven't you? Sadly, there's no cure.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. PepperAnn

But nobody is posting!

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Not a whole lot to talk about, in terms of the shows. Like you, I'm reading the forums but not seeing a lot of action. As much as I love to ramble and go on much longer than most people would prefer, I don't have anything to really add to the current topics.

But I'm here, looking forward to a busy spring and summer. This will be the first year in the last 4 where I didn't go through Senoia in March. Last March we did the studio tour. I might load a bunch of pics, especially the ones I wasn't supposed to take. lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, there was a huge sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond and the next thing I knew it was late January and there was a Dyson hand held vacuum in every room of my house, everything smells like Kiwi, and each individual pair of my underwear has its own shelf.

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Neuropyramidal

Having said that, aside from the hiccup that was FTWD S5, TWD is pretty on its game right now. I'm looking forward to 10B, and I was actually kind of refreshed to hear that World is pre-limited to 2 seasons. That means they probably have a tight story planned that has a clear beginning middle and end from the start.

Take the good and the bad, but how many scripted prime time shows are in the middle of S10 making quality episodes and getting solid reviews?

#6 Neuropyramidal, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  7. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Oh, it's sweet to be missed, @PepperAnn! :)I've been around talking to @Stealth about The Handmaids Tale... when we weren't talking about Game of Thrones. ;)

It will be February before we blink. I'm looking forward to 10B so much, but also dreading it, because I fear for Connie. It's true though, the show's doing great, we should get a really good second half. I'm so excited.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm thinking it's going to be a connecting point. Basically a backstory series explaining who the CRM is, all leading up to the Rick Grimes movies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction to the spinoff. I was planning on watching it, but the news that it was just 2 seasons actually has me more excited about it. I'd all be for anthology style spinoffs like they've done with the Fargo series.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PepperAnn

I've been deleting The Handsmaid Tale thread. My bad. LOLOLOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. PepperAnn

Yeah that's the only thing that got me excited about it. Quick packed story.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Moral of this thread: @PepperAnn overreacted for nothing. NOTHING!

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. BlackBird

Oh dear! I thought you were going to give it a go? The book at least?

• Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

I tried. I read the first several pages and couldn't get into it. And I am a huge reader. Should I try again?

• Like Like x 1
  15. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I don't really think making it to season 10 is as much of an accomplishment as you may think. There are shows that are fully capable of getting a decade out of their product but they are smart enough not to try to go that far.

This show should have ended after the Savior War. Since they chose to go on longer they are now just recycling war stories while at the same time having key actors choose to leave.

#15 lastcat3, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I just realized the coronavirus coming out of China where they barricade in an entire province is the start of the zombie apocalypse. I have been out 24/7 getting surgical masks from all the local Walgreens and CVS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. BlackBird

I’d say yes. It’s a brilliant novel.

18. BlackBird

You mean we should have suffered through season 8 for nothing? And they should have ended there and not given us one and a half excellent seasons since then, following the anticlimactic end to a hideously strung-out war? Nah. Keep going! Best thing they ever did was continue and make me forget all-out-war. When they finish, they should finish on a high.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Neuropyramidal

I think the start of the apocalypse happened when Heinz came out with Cadbury Creme Egg Mayo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yes. And I'm not sure the idea that the past couple seasons has been excellent is really as wide spread as some think considering the viewership is dropping just as much now as it did during seasons 7 and 8. A lot of shows end on a weak note and people simply remember the seasons that were really good. What TWD is doing now that it has decided to keep on going is very clearly driving itself into the ground to the point to where no one will be watching anymore.

I guarantee when it all is said and done the series would have been remembered more fondly if it had ended after season 8 than it will now since it has made the decision to go on well past its prime.

• Winner Winner x 1