Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by PepperAnn, Jan 24, 2020.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Well, we'll see in a few years, won't we? You might be right, you might not. Time will tell. You seem to be talking about viewers in general. Are you still watching the show?

At the end of the day, we all like what we like, and viewers drop off for a great range of reasons. All I know is that I'm really enjoying the show again and look forward to every new episode, and I know I'm not alone as there appears to be a great little group of people here who feel the same! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This past half season I would often wait a few weeks and then binge several episodes at a time. Even though I haven't been real impressed with the quality of productions in the past few years I still like the universe and want to pay attention to what the universe is doing.

I have to tell you though if this upcoming Last of Us game is just as well received (or close) it might be a better deal for someone to strike a deal with Sony and NaughtyDog and start telling stories set in that universe as it is a more well thought out world than TWD is. And the zombie like creatures are more terrifying as well. Just think if you were watching a TV show where survivors were trying to avoid creatures making those clicking sounds.

3. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

We ded and gone

(I wanted an excuse to listen to this song again.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I was a bit disappointed there for a while after 6 really......I LOVED the season premiere when poor Glenn and Abe bit it, but after that it was just too grim and too much Negan. LOL 9 and 10 have ROCKED though. And a calmer more serious Negan really works for me. His dark and serious side is much more believable for me.

And..................ALPHA!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Hi! I lurk too from time to time! Can’t wait for 10B, will be around more frequently when it picks up again (along with Fear 6, praying that season isn’t a disaster but not holding my breath, and WB)

6. PepperAnn

Yay Hi!

I am beginning to feel this site has become the Trump hate site. LOL

I am looking forward to Fear just so I can make fun of it. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. lastcat3

Lol you may be right. I looked at the Trump thread just now and there have probably been as many posts made in that thread over the past couple weeks as there has been in the entire Walking Dead section during the past year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

LOL yup, that's where all the action is!

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought just about no one was going to return for Fear this year. I heard that they're going to do a lot of bottle episodes this season too, which is something many of us here despise.

10. PepperAnn

It's become a comedy to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I've never watched a single episode. When they first announced it, I just had a lot of red flags pop up. How long can an origin story about a zombie outbreak go on for? You can't drag something like that out. There has to be a climax to the story like that, and it cannot take several seasons.

Then I thought, "if they conclude the 'how it started' storyline, then won't it just be another TWD basically?" (in terms of the timeline, not quality of the show)

Well it turns out that both of those things came to pass AND I've heard that the acting and the plots leave much to be desired. All in all, I've never even been remotely interested in giving it a chance.

12. PepperAnn

They killed the whole thing when they killed off everyone but one of the original family. It took a hard left turn and went WAY out into left field.

I miss Nick! :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lastcat3

AMC just honestly isn't running the franchise very well. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that overall they really struggle to get ratings so they figure that if they can put out something Walking Dead that will get 1.5m viewers it will still be better than any other type of programming they could come up with.

There is really no reason they need to be adding a third tv show to the mix when ratings for both shows currently going on are dropping like they are. Walking Dead isn't Marvel or Star Wars where even a movie that has lower grosses than normal still get about a billion dollars. AMC is trying to build a cinematic universe for Walking Dead when there really isn't the fan base for it.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I pop off and on a couple of times per week

I have been so busy since the break. And it is only going to get busier for the next month or so. I FINALLY found a place to move that is a single story. Last weekend I started a "version" of the Marie Kondo declutter method so I was knee deep in the throes of going through my kitchen. It was so much work but so cleansing. I donated A LOT of stuff, trashed a good bit of stuff and only kept those items that I will actually use. I cannot wait to start on my spare bedroom this weekend. I am looking forward to being in my new place and having less "stuff" that only serves to create physical and mental clutter!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

So you're a hoarder, huh? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PepperAnn

Is that contagious?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

At least the actor who played Nick wanted off the show. His death episode was very well done too. The biggest problem is that they killed Madison. It would've been interesting to have Morgan and Madison interact, and challenge one another. Instead we had everyone just blindly following Morgan's philosphy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. lastcat3

Hmmm. Wonder why the 25 year old hot girl is the one they chose to keep, lol. To be honest though I wouldn't be surprised if Kim Dickens was wanting more money than they were wanting to pay (think that might be a reason why people from TWD have been seemingly wanting to leave as well because they wanted more than AMC was wanting to pay).

19. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Everyone died

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

ZOMG!!!!