Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is Lilly?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Tom Thompson, Feb 18, 2014.

1. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

Lilly played such an important role in too far gone. She was the last person we really saw before the second half of the season started. What the hell was the point of that if she was just going to die?! She killed the governor! I think if she was going to die that fast it would have happened at the end of too far gone-- or in episode 9.

The way Tara described her "death" was also so vague.

If lilly really is dead... then I have lost a bit of faith in the writers.

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Lilly has paid the ultimate price for Govie love.... she dies a hero. We have seen all the survivors.

#42 mtito914, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

It's not that different from her fate in the comics, so I wouldn't loose to much faith. As for the show, her arc was over. She lost her daughter, her father and she probably thought her sister was dead. The man she trusted turned out to be a psychopathic madman.

There was nothing vauge about what Tera said. She got swarmed and became a zombie buffet.

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

Must have been a natural 20 and then within the critical hit threat range.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've been a really good sport about all the changes from the comics to the show (mainly because i started the comics after i was into the show) but i'll admit Lilly's story bummed me out, man. I'm ok...i'll get over it, but i really liked her in the novels! And there was no Josh Hamilton in the show either...instead she slept with the stinky gov :(

6. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Just playing devils advocate here because I honestly couldn't care less about Lilly, but... Carol said almost the exact same thing about Andrea at the end of season 2. ;)

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Unless Lily is like Tyreese and can go Chuck Norris on a swarm of walkers. Having Tara say she saw her, with the walkers swarming her, was the writers way of saying, YEP She's dead.

8. Sharpie61

Yet, we never saw Morales and his family again. The Vatos, Shumpert. Why is it, people take Martinez's word that he (Shumpert) died, but won't except Tara's word that her sister died?

9. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

This is purely speculation but I think it would be great if Lilly shows up later, as a much tougher character. The viewers watched all season while the characters didn't know if one another was dead or alive. We knew but they didn't. Would it be so far fetched if the writers gave us one character to believe was dead that wasn't?

10. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

Rick and the governor were fighting by the overturned truck in the prison yard which is close to the gate that leads to the road. Why couldn't she have ducked in there? And if you watch the ending of "Too Far Gone", after she shot the governor, the walkers were heading up the path toward the burning tank. Carol left her car there with food, medicine and supplies. Also, why didn't Tara mention seeing Carol or Michonne? And why would Michonne or Carol not try to save Lilly? How did Tara see Meaghan from where she was? She told Glenn, she only saw Lilly in "Inmates", then in "Us", she said she saw Meghan, Lilly and Alisha. If these holes are due to poor writing, I'm disappointed in the show. If not, then they have plans for later. I'll be patient and hope she returns in Season 5.

#50 wdfanatic2, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  11. Sharpie61

The thing is, even the writers acknowledge that Lily is dead.

12. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

Do you think if she were alive they would tell us?

13. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Her storyline was to show the governors soft side...same with Meghan. The governor died and so did they...she's dead. Tara said she was dead...why would you immidietly think she's lying or she was wrong?

14. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Too many pages to read all of the responses.
    If I HAD to bet, the show runners weren't sure if they were done with Lilly's character until after "Too Far Gone" was filmed and by the time they decided (or her schedule may have necessitated her death) Audrey Anderson was committed to 'Arrow' and 'Mockingbird' and couldn't make it back to film a death scene.
    Just a guess.

15. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

I will hold out hope that she made it and if I don't see her in Season 5, I'll know she didn't. After all, no one has seen Morgan since Season 3 and Scott Gimple now says he may make another appearance. Tara's story doesn't make sense, she may have been too far away to see clearly. And the fact that 4 more Walking Dead novels are coming out that start with the character Lilly running Woodbury after she killed the governor. It just seems like a perfect opportunity to give that part to Audrey Marie Anderson and it would make sense for her to reappear at a later time. It depends on if they want to use the comic or the novel.

16. Sadie Dixon

Morgan is an important character though...rick and them wouldn't just love to take in Lilly even if she was alive...and Lilly isn't the same Lilly in the books

17. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

Lilly Caul is in the books. They changed April Chalmers name to Lilly for the tv part, but she did what Lilly Caul did to the governor. She could return, transformed into the Lilly Caul character. Lilly had been married so we never knew what her last name was. Her maiden name was Chambler. It depends on whether they go by the comics or the novel, because she is a major character in the novels.

18. Sadie Dixon

I'm pretty sure they already said she wasn't the same person from the books...you never know though. Maybe she could be alive

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That is right, she is not canon with the books or comics. We only have to read them to find that out. :p. She's a hybrid character, and her fate in the novels has no connection with her fate on the show. On the show, she died.

20. Sadie Dixon

I knew it lol...I don't understand why people still think she's alive xD