Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is the Continuity Director?

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Pilot' started by TexasGypsy, Aug 25, 2015.

1. TexasGypsy

TexasGypsy New Member

I noticed that the Continuity Director for this Pilot Episode was apparently asleep at the wheel. Here are just three continuity errors I saw, and there are probably more:

(1) The heart drawing that Matt started on Alicia's arm is NOT the same drawing that he finished with.

(2) The pink question mark on Trav
    is' black board changes its width twice (three different question marks) before they leave the scene.

(3) And finally (and this MAY not be a continuity problem), why does Maddie still have on a wedding band? She is no longer with her husband (for whatever reason: death, divorce, whatever), and is living with Travis, so why the wedding ring? Maybe that last one will eventually be answered when we find out what happened to Maddie's husband.

Or am I being too picky on continuity??? I don't think so. I think it's not asking too much to expect attention-to-detail in a show of this caliber.

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Also, did u notice in the scene where Nick was talking to calvin (I think that's his name) at the diner, Nicks hair kept going from down to up to back down again. You can tell that scene was edited together from several different takes..

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Maddie's a widow, so she loved her husband, and wears the ring to honor that. Travis undoubtedly knows this, may have even known the husband, and respects and loves Maddie, so he's cool with that.

4. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Hey, Nick's a druggie, still, at this point.

It's normal.

Plus, Calvin was a freakin' manipulator. Loved how Nick got to kill him twice. Uh...maybe thrice.
    Even then, Calvin turned and looked at the Clark clan.
    Maybe now he will reform, and quit while he is a head.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

If I remember right Nick was running his hands through his hair virtually the entire scene so it would make sense that his hair position would change.

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

A couple more continuity questions:

How could Alicia get to Venice from El Sereno without a car? Public transportation would take forever.

UC Berkeley goes not offer early admission. Dialogue about "one more year" indicates that the timeframe is early in the fall semester of her senior year.

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

A lot of times when highschool kids talk about college they are just referring to where they would want to go and they have a good idea where they will potentially go. Not that they are a 100% going there because they have already been admitted.

8. TexasGypsy

TexasGypsy New Member

Pogo, if that is the case, I'm cool with it, too. But WHERE did you get this info? Did I zone out when that was explained in the show. I truly do not recall this info. Hmmmmm.....old age, I guess.

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, in The West Wing, actor Richard Schiff showed up to the set wearing a wedding ring, and he told Aaron Sorkin to figure out why he was wearing it. In the second season Sorkin created an ex-wife for Schiff's character. Worked out pretty well.

I thought about that. But Alicia discussed going to Berkeley with both Nick and Matt using language that made it sound like she knew she was going there. Berkeley is the #1 public university in the country and there is a lot of competition among applicants. No-one should assume that they are going to get in.

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Is she breaking the law by wearing it or something? Some women (and men) wear their rings the rest of their lives after the death of their spouse. Even after a divorce she still might decide to keep the ring but wear it on a different finger.

I didn't see a wedding band on it, so if it was just an engagement band, how do you know it wasn't just given to her by Travis?

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Do we know it was a ring from her late husband?
    Maybe Travis gave it to her

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That's also possible. I just get the impression its the old wedding ring.

Another small thing I noticed is that there is a boy sitting next to Russell while they talk about To Build A Fire. This boy later is seen walking down the steps outside in front of Madison before Madison makes eye contact with Tobias on the bus. After Madison and Tobias make eye contact, the same boy again comes walking down the steps, now behind Madison.

13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I will have to watch it again. I was half asleep, the first time.

14. TexasGypsy

TexasGypsy New Member

All good points, Morgotha. I would not disagree with any of them. I just asked the question and all have brought up plausible answers. Thanks.

15. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

Sounds more like nit-picking than continuity issues to me...

16. Driver'sSeat

Driver'sSeat New Member

So, if TWD started in 2010, then this is happening in 2010 - so are their phones and all technology from 2010? That would be my issue above all others, but I can't be bothered to even pay that much attention to their phones, etc.

17. cdrive

cdrive New Member

That girl cleaning the junkie vomit.....she took her cleaning gloves off....then when they went to a different camera for a final shot, she took her cleaning gloves off again. Nitpicking maybe, but it was funny....and sloppy, but not that distracting.

18. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Walking dead continuity errors I can remember off the top of my head:

Carl dropped Daryl's gun when attacked by the swamp Walker. He didn't pick it up, but later he has it.

in This Sorrowful Life, when nobody can find Merle or Michonne, Daryl and Rick go looking for them inside. As they go through a door, Daryl instantly switches between his crossbow and his m4.

also in This Sorrowful Life, Merle starts off driving a donk with big rims. The rims are stock when he arrives at the fight scene.

when Rick gets back from exiling Carol and is talking to Maggie, the tucson's doors open and shut between shots.