Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where's all the Daryl hate?

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by Jhn123, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Shima

Shima Member

I am aware.

2. advocational

advocational Member

I guess no one saw that deleted scene of Daryl shouting at Sophia to shut up while she was crying. It's kinda odd how out of character it was for someone to shout at a little girl and then in the next season be the only one looking for her. That's some weird writing right there.

3. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Wow, where is this? Also, I am thinking it was deleted for a reason! They did not want him to be a hated character!!!

4. advocational

advocational Member

Should be in here

[video=youtube;O9k6eYuHp9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9k6eYuHp9M[/video]

Daryl isnt exactly a bunch of roses either guys.

Quote:

Sophia : (Cries)
    Daryl : PUT A SOCK ON IT!
    Carol : You leave her alone!
    Daryl : SHUT YOUR OWN PROBLEM!
    Lori : Back the hell off! I mean now!

And somehow Lori is the hated one ~_~

#44 advocational, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

^ Carol! you jilted lover you;)

6. advocational

advocational Member

Just taking revenge on him for ditching my ass.

7. firstfooter

You go girl! ...now go get your man!

8. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

9. advocational

advocational Member

Dont want him no more. I'm an Independent Woman (cue song)

10. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I'm guessing bashing Daryl fans is the new in thing :Grin:

11. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I did see that. And yeah, I still like his character and how well it developed. Just like I saw how Maggie jerked Glen around in the beginning and then she developed into a really good girlfriend for him. Or how Rick was kind of all Walker Lovie at first and is now all about killing them. Characters develop and we either like them or hate them for it. And apparently that gets people all sorts of stirred up. It's kind of interesting because the only other forum I have ever been on was several years ago, and it was a soap opera forum (All My Children for any that know it) and people were just as rabid and intolerant of their favorites and other people either liking them or not liking them. I still don't get why anyone would care if I like Daryl and don't like Andrea or whoever the character is, but I guess its all part of a television forum life.

12. trinity

trinity Member

Oh yeah, seen it and loved it, it's sort of a zombie apocalypse you know, and they where trying to stay alive, and noise is like ringing a dinner bell. it's not like he was a mean guy yelling at her while he was trying to watch TV or something. Just like Andrea, he works in a panic mode but is more able to think and grow out of it and be useful to the group when some one else takes the lead making him a useful wingman.. unike Andrea who could not even keep Shane in sight after he beat the hell out of Rick in the lets set Randel free trip . He might have felt guilty for yelling at Sophia as well, and went looking for her out of a mix of guilt and hope or just bored.

I LOVED the way he steped back and let Rick and Shane plot it out.. he knew he was stuck and Rick would pick Shane over him after he gave Rick all the Clues, Rick still wanted to belive in his bestie.. Smart move. I think Rick is doing the same for him with the Merle deal now.

He was a total shit head to Carol half the time, but she was annoying the hell out of me first season, she was like the only one who hardly ever looked for her kid and then blamed Rick..

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Oh you wanna start hatin on Daryl now? no sir, don't go there. He only left because he knew better than leaving his blood brother getting eaten by a bunch of flesh eating horrors, he also didn't want to live with guilt, and he is just good natured badass like that.

14. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I think what makes Daryl so awesome is that he's an EXTREMELY flawed character. He makes questionable calls and says some mean things, but somehow he always proves that he is a good man.

For instance, yelling at Sophia. They were trying to sneak in, any noise is going to be a bad thing. Sophia was making a decent amount of noise while crying.

15. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

No hate for Daryl, I like that he's constantly doing the right thing [ultimately] and truly progressing towards being a righteous, loyal fighter. One of the best role models out there for wayward kids on the series, there is no chance in hell the writers will destroy his credibility with an outrageous narrative.

Don't count on the hate, join the club and worship him. :zombies_lol:

16. firstfooter

HEHE 'I dug my key into his pretty lil souped up 4x4...' oh wait, cue the Dixon boys '...the boys are back in town, the boys are back'.

17. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

People have become so obsessed with Daryl he can do whatever and people will still love him off