Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Which Character/Stories are you disappointed with?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Tyler, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Type to your hearts content.

2. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

In order of how they came on the show. CDC, Shane killed off too soon, The misuse of Andrea, Merle killed too soon, season 4b with the separate groups that happened because of no meeting place, Termites being killed WAY too soon, the entire hospital arc, them wasting screen time on Abe's group, and most of all Beth's existence as a whole

3. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

The stupid deaths of Dale and Andrea. "Still" is the worst episode in the series. Tyreese turning into a loving hippie. Maggie and Glenn.
    The Governor almost turning into Jack torrance in "Prey". and finally... the worst thing that ever happened to the series...

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I have to say I am disappointed with how quickly Terminus was finished. Also, how drawn out and all over the place this Hospital arc is going.

5. Necrophile213

Amen

6. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I thought there would be more terminus, when they escaped I just thought that what was coming up as the next story milestone would be even better, but no there is this l o n g explanation of what happened to beth which is totally unecessary. Imo she was gone too long to warrant this amount of story time also I don't think she was so important to begin with(I'm braced for the beth fanatics and their flaming attack)it would be different if it was Daryl or Carl then I could cares kinda understand why Gareth was dealt with so quickly, but we could've learnt much more about his backstory during his time on the show

terminus had so many options and interesting characters to explore that we never got to see:Mary, Gareth, crazy locked up guy who attacked the original termites and GARETH, even creepy Martin the baby torturer what do we have now, some uptight bitch of a failed cop and a gang of wannabe cops who kidnap women and enslave them to clean a derelict hospital in return for rubbish food and dubious medical 'care'.

Please enough Beth already,

of all the possible routes for the plot this has to be the least interesting. I'm just hoping that the MSF follows some of the precedents set up in earlier seasons and is not a jumble of side stories and lesser characters, but we get some time with the original characters even if some of them don't survive, at least I'd be interested in what happens to them

#6 Toothpick, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  7. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, I guess it'll be over this MSF

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I could say Andrea, but I'm going to skip that rant and just talk about what's bothering me in season 5.

Michonne and Carl. She became a brilliant character in season 4, only for her to be forgotten about in season 5. I know the focus needs to be shared around a little bit, but her friendship with Carl was such a focus point for season 4, it just seems silly that we had that big moment in "A" where Carl was almost raped, Rick brutally killed Joe's group to protect him, and Carl opens up to Michonne about feeling like a monster, only for nothing to come of it in the first half of this season. Likewise, Carl had some great growth with episodes like "After" and "A," and has taken a back seat for the first half of this season.

No doubt they'll both regain some focus eventually, but it's very disappointing that these two have just been shoved to the side so far.

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the Tombs", while not the worst episode of the series, was the biggest letdown of an episode for me, and it isn't even close. I don't enjoy 3b at all either except for Clear and This Sorrowful Life.

10. Necrophile213

Gareth made the show awesome again. This show without a well written and truly threatening antagonist falls flat like we are seeing now. I was like a kid in a candy store when he was giving his speeches to Bob justifying his cannibalism to him. A Terminus back story could have easily been just as good as the Governors episodes in season 4. I loved that they focused two whole episodes on a villain amd then they turn around and not only kill him but intentionally make him look completely pathetic when he is killed. The only other time I've been that pissed watching a show is when Dexter let Hannah live. Dexter fans will understand.

If Ifind myself pulling for the good guys then the villain isn't doing their job. Right now I should be worried sick that Gareth is going to die in the MSF a but instead I find myself scratching my head wondering what in the world the writers were thinking. Oh, I know what they were thinking. Let's hurry up and get Beth back on screen and continue to make Daryl soft so we can sell more Daryl merchandise to the Bethylers.

11. Necrophile213

I completely agree

12. Toothpick

Tell it!! When I say stuff like this it gets dissed cos I peeps think I'm a rabid richonner
    the time we spend watching someone mop the same hospital floor could've been more interestingly used to explore the michonne/Carl friendship eps after thr trauma of terminus and his near rape, plus he may feel an added responsibility now baby Judith is back cos he wants to protect her, how's he coping with that?
    they need a new Hershel and not necessarily a henched up Gabe but some one that will garner their respect...cue Morgan?
    michonne should've been a bitch and said " hell no! You stay here and babysit the crazy clergyman, and your kids. I'm going to ATLANTA WITH THE a team. Perhaps that way we all make it back"

that way all Rick would have to worry about is his real family and not this crew of loveable misfits he's co-opted as family.i can't help remembering what Martin said to Tyreese in the shack About having friends in the ZA. I'm disappointed that Rick still holds on to some pre ZA values that will get you killed. He's so concerned about not losing his humanity that he's losing his grip on the group and his common sense. That sort of existential self examination should be reserved until Afterwards, because it seems to be clouding his judgement.

#12 Toothpick, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  13. Necrophile213

The Abe road trip could have easily been postponed until 5b. The scene in the church could have went something like this. Abe demands they all leave. Rick stand up and gives the same speech that he gave but instead the entire group backs him and all stand against Abe and tell him that he isn't taking the bus. Abe demands that Eugene get his stuff. Eugene sees that the group will back him and refuses to go, which would have fit right into his story because it would have been stalling. Abe shows his ass and Rick humbles him. He is pissed but he decides to wait it out with the group.

This is would have opened up an entire episode to focus on a much stronger group of characters at the church. We could have seen Carl and Michonne more. Maggie wouldn't have just left knowing that Her sister was kidnapped and the group would be far stronger going to battle.

Then after the hospital arc was resolved the whole group could have left and then Eugene could have admitted his lie. So many interesting reactions were missed out on the way they chose to do it.

14. Toothpick

this isnt me having a hissy fit, but i fear i may abandon all hope for 5B and jump ship after the MSF. like the other favourite shows i stopped watching when they stopped making sense and the plot went all over the gaff: Prison break, B S Galatica etc.
    i cant believe some of the strange decisions made on the show which have been recieved like the news that a close relative is terminally ill; you remember the good times want to make he best for the here and now but more than anything you hope that things improve for the foreseeable and short future you have left. i guess thats where im and as a single viewer i wont be missed cos why should my views count anyway, but i wonder how many others who arent on forums are feeling the same.

when people ask why I, of all people, am so into a show about zombies, i used to feel confident in answering'" its not about zombies iits about how to survive ethically and spiritually, physically and humanely in a situation that calls for most of these attributes to be abandonded in order to survive. its about the personal traits and relationships that make survival possible
    the relevance is that these aspect are pertinant to our own lives too even without the za to deal with because some of the people we meet in life are monsters and we have to decde how to deal with them and any fall out.
    im hoping for a miracle in the final ep of 5a thatll hook me back and tie me to the sofa not wanting to miss a moment

#14 Toothpick, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  15. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

THIS. ALL THIS. Its beyond ridiculous that Michonne and Carl are bumps on a log. It disappoints and angers me to see Danai Gurira's talents being criminally underused. I have no clue what is going on with these two characters and I have yet to see any hints of development from them. Let me also add Glenn and Maggie to this list. They have seemingly not being acting like lovesick idiots so far, but now they seem to have more loyalty to some random strangers in Tara, Rosita, Eugene and Abe then their own family.

A miracle better happen in 5B or else I'm not sure if I can bother with this show anymore....main characters are main characters and should not be stagnant like this....

16. Toothpick

hey kingston haven't noticed you around for a while, hope all is well with you.
    after reading your post it seems that we are singing from the sheet this time. i dont like the idea of parting company with a show i have loved so much in the past, but a girls gotta have standards.

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Exactly. I suppose it's possible we'll at least see Carl and Michonne interact in next week's episode, but it's almost criminal how sidelined both of them have been. Especially Danai.

Also, I think Abraham was introduced too early. He and his group have been around for almost a whole season and accomplished very little up until the last couple of episodes. They had nothing at all to do in 4B, so they just tagged along with Glenn, which makes very little sense. They should have been introduced early in season 5, I think. It's been a waste to just have them tagging along on a storyline that they have nothing to do with. But at least they're starting to improve.

18. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

T-Dog.

1000 times, T-Dog. Criminially underused, and when we do get some backstory on him, it's AFTER he dies...

19. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

What happened with Lilly ,I was so interested in her character more then I was with Tara at the time. I was actually pretty sad that she had died and was off screen too... She was very interesting and I grew to like her in only 3 episodes, she could have had much more story with her sister, and that she was a nurse could have been very useful. Was such shame and a waste, she was really good actress too.

How they handled Andrea in season 3. It still makes me sad what they did with her just completely trashing her character by hooking up the gov, and what we got left off her was she should have killed him when u could. Was no redeeming just a pointless death for just shock

20. Necrophile213

I would have taken Lilly, Tara, and Meghan over Abe, Rosita, and Eugene any day of the week. Especially Rosita. You bring up a good point about her being a nurse. The group now has no one with any real medical knowledge with Hershel and Bob gone. Makes me wonder if Edwards may end up joining the group.