Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Whisperers are pathetic (spoilers from S09E08 and S09E09)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by WalkingDeadGirl69, Feb 5, 2019.

1. WalkingDeadGirl69

WalkingDeadGirl69 New Member

Biggest problem with Saviors was that they were basically lower than zombies when it came to combat. Almost impossible to someone from Rick's group to die to that untrained aiming level.

Now I saw Evolution and I saw 9th episode also on AMC Premiere so don't read unless you want spoilers

Now with Whisperers I excepted them to do things differently, at minimum make melee on melee interesting and force protagonists to use ranged guns for every single zombie just because melee combat is too risky. But what do we get? No.

Whisperers run to direct death without any strategy in the cemetary. Then later Daryl standing 2 feet away in front of them with bolt action crossbow and he shoots at zombie, do they run for him? No, they wait until human gets bolted and then wait until Michonne takes his long ass Katana and then go with miniscule knife into what is pretty much direct death.

Seriously where is the suspension of disbelief? I know whisperers are supposedly be animalistic who don't use names but they still are sapient beings capable of understanding when to attack when not to. And maybe somewhat they are scared but this is ridicilous. I excpeted protagonists to finally have villain that can do something, just something to affect this shows superhero protagonists but apparently not.

I am just disappointed by the Whisperers, such a waste after unbelievably good introduction.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If in fact there are spoilers in your post (which I did not read) please make note that we have a spoiler section so that members who want to remain spoiler free do not happen upon postings that may ruin the episode for them

@Tony Davis this thread may need to be moved, thanks

#2 Dnae, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you hate the Whisperers, wait until you meet the Pig Latiners.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Ooyay are erewhay ooyay oday otnay elongbay....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The Whisperers are pathetic at hand-to-hand combat?

Maybe wearing those skin suits all day and concentrating on acting like walkers saps their strength? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Shhh. Be vewy, vewy quiet...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

People don't get your expectations up to high for this Whisperer storyline. They were so underwhelming in the comics that many fans felt that they should have been left completely out of the show or their story should have been greatly condensed.

9. kennyisalive94-the sequel

It was pretty funny when Daryl shot one with a bolt and he fell, screamed and got eaten, and the other whisperers slowly turned around and walked the other way. Like "Okaaaay, change of plans."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

The whisperers probably don't have to put up much fight against their opponents on a regular basis. Obviously I'm sure there are some of them who are skilled combatants but probably not all of them.They generally kill their foes with walkers or the element of surprise. When their usual tactics did not work because of the superior skill and ingenuity of Daryl and the gang, they were unwittingly at a disadvantage and did not know how to counter.

#10 bula412, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

It's not that they are good or bad at combat but that their tactic is to ambush people from within a group of walkers. You can't start acting all Rambo with walkers around you or, as we've seen when the guy got shot and cried out, your advantage will consume you.