Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who could be the new major villain?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Predictions' started by walkerbiter, Jun 2, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You keep dreaming that dream friend.

2. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

Well I think you are wrong. The Governor might have been incredibly evil and done some twisted stuff, but he was nowhere near as dangerous as Negan is. Negan is stronger, faster and more intelligent than the Governor was, whose only real strength was his abillity to manipulate people, without that he is no more dangerous than psycho Thomas Richards. Also we have yet to see the full extend of the Savior's numbers & territories.

I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of Negan in the future and I for one am looking forward to it :Grin:

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm still shocked there hasn't been a religious community out there. It seems like some people would turn to religion in this kind of situation, probably in a very radical way

4. HeadlessHershel

I think natural selection would take care of them pretty quick.

5. Porfivor Nixon

That's a good point. If anyone has ever seen Ingmar Bergman's "The Seventh Seal" in the middle of it, there is this large procession of people who march places whipping themselves, I think they were a real group during the Black Plague and they called themselves "the flagellants" -they thought man's sin caused it and they beat themselves to show of guilt. It would seem though these people would be easy pickings for the zombies and might die out quickly, but I don't know, hardcore Christians can be the meanest people around when they want to be and can be more than capable of taking care of themselves in that type of situation- and beating themselves senseless while doing it.

6. Something2Fear

Like others have said, I see the next villain being more intelligent than The Gov and Negan. It seems like all the villains in TWD thus far have inferior survival skills in comparison to Rick's group.
    That would be awesome.

#66 Something2Fear, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  7. diagvro

diagvro Member

i wish the military would come in and put them in concentration/work camps because they are all "infected"

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't really agree with that. Negan is pretty clearly more organized than Rick and had a much stronger position than them. I wouldn't call him dumber. Maybe equal with the alliance.

I do think the next villain if there is one and much farther in the future wont be a brute force threat. I think it will be sabotage or some other way of endangering the group like if the world progresses and he/she was like a political rival.

9. Governor

Governor Member

According to TV spoilers, we're going to see a religious group in the next episode.

10. The Dead βeta

I'd like a small group that works together rather than one guy leading a big group.

My idea:
    No leader and no official name but for the sake of this I'll call them The Parasites and at first they just seem like a group of regular folk trying to get through the ZA together although relatively unequipped to do so for long. They're taken in by the main group (whomever that consists of at the time) and this is their modus operandi.

They find a group, get into a position where they are trusted by them and then they take what said group has, food, weapons, vehicles etc (through non-violent methods) and then they move on, using whatever they took up and at that point they would find another group then rinse and repeat.

When they are taken in by the main group, The Parasites' decision would be to overthrow the main group completely taking what they usually do as well as whatever safe location they're in at the time as they want to have the safe life that they (the main group) have rather than simply surviving as they've been doing.

Eventually it would be revealed that there are more of The Parasites and they conduct an attack on the main group which leads to The Parasites overthrowing the main group, taking their location and leaving with almost nothing on the outside. The main group would then need to build itself back up to go against The Parasites.

11. boba772

boba772 Member

The new villain?[​IMG]

12. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

That would be my guess. An evil seducer that has a harem of henchmen to do all the dirty work, and goes though them like water.
    Would have to have control of some resource that becomes the new currency in the ZA to set it up.

13. ProjectBlue

ProjectBlue Member

What a neat idea for a weapon! I think I would want you in my group in case of ZA! It is going to be the people who think outside the box that will survive!

14. Walker Caravan

Maybe a pack of wolves or herd of rabid horses or swarm of mad geese or something as a villian for a bit.

15. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I hope everyone reading this is up to date in the Graphic Novels...

Those suggesting Magna are off base, She is an Allie. She reacted less severely and paranoid than rick himself has reacted when being brought into a new group.

So How bout them angry parents and failed leader Gregory? Now that isn't going to be a looong story arc, but some stuff is definitely going down there, maybe it will even muddle whats already developing with Carl Grimes.

Now Carl and Lydia on the other hand. That's where the interest lies. The Walkie-Talkies are no doubt going to interrupt the fair the four separate communities are planning. I see Lydia somehow starting to defuse the situation only to have Sophia and Anna interrupt with some kind of lovers triangle stuff that blows everything up putting peaceful communities at odds against each-other again. This time with our old familiar group spread between three communities and allegiances will be tested...?

Or we will just have straight up Negan Mother ****ing Grimes (Carl) decide he has had enough trying to fit into new society's rules and makes a few of his own. He could be locked up in the basement next to Negan himself and then use his blacksmitthing knowledge to help both of them escape. Take over the saviors again... Maybe have Lydia introduce them to the Walkie-Talkies... It has so many possibilities.

16. bshmerlie

bshmerlie Member

The next "villian" could be another country's military invading the US. Maybe the Chinese Or North Koreans. Maybe the ZA was the result of chemical warfare. Wipe out the population and then just walk in and take over. Landing in Washington DC would make sense.

17. TWDNetwork

TWDNetwork New Member

I honestly have no idea who the next villain could be, but I doubt we will see them for a long while. Negan's story still hasn't even been wrapped up. :p

18. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Michonne accidently kills whispering Carl. Her and Rick fight, she escape to Oceanside and leads thm back to fight.

19. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

It's Maggie.

20. Savior Negan

Savior Negan New Member

Yup, you got it.

Not only is it already being built up and teased, but it's the perfect angle. We are always digging for backstory to find out how these major villains came to be, but with Maggie we know every detail of how she developed into what she is becoming. It will also further blur the line between good and evil in the new world the further you live into it, because almost everyone alive at this point has gone through similar things as Maggie and everyone adapts differently.

Shane was well on his way to making Negan look like Derek and the "what if Shane were around" question still pops up in every situation. Innocently developing a major villain within the group over the long-term is a genius angle, and the whole Shane thing I think almost diverts anyone from thinking that way.

The Whisperers will catalyze/accelerate all of this, probably through Carl/Sophia/Lydia. So this will probably continue to build for quite a while before something big happens like Maggie killing a major character/old friend.

#80 Savior Negan, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015