Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who is right? Shane or Rick?

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Chupacabra' started by Jakobi, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Just curious on who you think is right. Shane thinks its best to leave, and to stop searching for Sophia since its jeopardizing the rest of them. On the other hand, Rick wants to keep looking and not give up because he promised Carol.

Last nights episode they got into it a little bit.

2. ZombieNahmGirl

ZombieNahmGirl New Member

They both have valid points in my opinion. So it's hard for me to be on one side or the other.

3. Roberto Cloaked

Roberto Cloaked New Member

I'm on Rick's side...

They can't go ANYWHERE as long as Carl is laid up, unable to travel.
    They aren't dealing with many zombies where they are.
    There's food, water, electricity...a kitchen they all just enjoyed. Hot showers.
    And a frickin doctor on staff.

Why would you EVER want to leave?

Why not look for Sophia while you're just hanging around?

Shane is crazy for wanting to leave.
    His worst thought ought to be hijacking the old man's farm, not leaving it.

4. zomga

zomga Member

I'm on the line with ZNG. But I do believe they need a later date to call it quite and move on. One can only look for so long before it risks other's lives.

5. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Rick is absolutely right. I would like to say Shane has validity to his points but he is only in for himself and to score points with Lori. Shane is becoming irrational at times and already on the verge of becoming unhinged. He doesn't care about Sophia or any other human being with the exception of Lori and Carl. I get that the world has changed but if you lose what little bit of humanity you have you are in a world of hurt.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick is right!

Unfortunately, they have few people to search properly, and Daryl, their best tracker, is injured.

Shane only cares about himself. Lori is (or was) just a convienence for him, and he likes playing the big brother act for Carl.

#6 Rapscallion, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. Chreees

Chreees Member

Rick. I like how this arguing between them is foreshadowing of things to come... ;)

8. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

They are cops so its something they feel they must do but in the other hand a search can go for so long and they cant afford to lose others in the search.

9. AVC

AVC Member

Rick is right. If you lose your sense of humanity, then what's the point of going on, you may as well be one of the zombs.

They are in no immediate danger, so they should continue to search. What else do they have on their agenda ffs? It's not like they're heading to some wedding they can't miss, lol.

I also disagree with Hershel in trying to "move them on". That sort of "screw you, I'm OK" attitude will just get you killed IMO. You need to build your community up, not narrow it down. Get everyone doing something constructive, and get stronger. Not sure how collecting the undead factors into that...hmmmm....

10. Lucky

Lucky Member

I agree with Rick. They need to keep looking.

11. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

The difference is Rick is a parent and Shane is not. Rick even said to Lori "What if it were Carl lost out there?" and Lori's response was "I would keep looking until we knew either way." Rick feels that same way. IF Shane truly wanted to leave that badly he is free to go, no one is stopping him and he could even appeal to the group and say who wants to go with me and who wants to stay and look for Sophia?? But he knows Lori will stay with Rick and it will make him look bad in her eyes so he doesn't do that.

12. silmarien

silmarien Member

Rick is right. You don't leave a member of your group - a child, at that - stay lost in the woods. Shane's morality would result in far more casualties in the long run. Shane thinks its all about Lori and Carl - but it's about the group: the stronger and bigger the group, the better their chances are in surviving.

Sophia isn't a fighter or anything super "useful", but it is a huge morale issue if they just leave her. Everyone in the group will just be thinking "Geez, well now I know my life means nothing to the others, I shouldn't take any risks lest they leave me behind too."

Morale IS important to survival. Shane doesn't care about that though. He is obsessed with Lori and Carl. He is missing the forest for two individual trees.

13. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Rick is saving cats from trees. i kind of agree with Shane on this one. Like he said about police when someone is missing, you look for 72 hours and after that your looking for a body. Well, he was right wasnt he???

14. Dead man walking

Actually that's a good question, on many levels.

Rick is right to want to find the girl (he shouldn't have abandoned her in the first place - pretty bizarre, I would never have done that since you could easily outrun two slow walkers with Sophia piggyback), but Daryl seemed the only one really intent on finding her and the only one doing his best. Even if you find her dead, a walker or alive I would also keep searching because for a child, out there alone, trying to survive that? It would be absolute terror. I think for any man it would be absolute terror let alone a child so you would want to find her as soon as possible.
    But they found her in the barn instead. So that made Shane's decision to open the barn the correct one in the end otherwise they would never have known and just kept searching. But after Shane did his part in killing the walkers coming out of the barn I would have quickly and quietly put a bullet in the back of his head for doing that.

15. Dead man walking

I like your euphemism on Rick 'saving cats from trees' - classic - I'm gonna steal that one if I may?
    :hatchet:

But still I think they should have continued simply because Police rules of 72 hours don't really apply in this world anymore - we are not talking about abductees, we are talking about a girl who fled into the forest to avoid pursuit of a walker and who Rick carelessly 'abandoned' - what was he thinking? Plus it's a little girl who would be absolutely terrorised by what is happening so it's correct do do your utmost (as Daryl tried). but anyway, doesn't matter since she was in the barn so really Shane found her after all..
    However I don't know why she didn't just climb a bloody tree and wait it out after Rick abandoned her. That's the first thing I would do. Can't get you up there unless an elephant zombie arrives..