Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who Leaves Their Sister Knowing She's Alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by FutureApocalyps, Nov 3, 2014.

1. FutureApocalyps

Maggie acts like Beth is worthless. If I knew my sibling was alive, but kidnapped, I would be looking for her daily and wouldn't go on a trip to D.C.

Even Daryl looked for his black sheep brother Merle.

Maggie looked for for Glenn tirelessly. I guess Glenn must have dropped some "unreal pipeline" and she's whipped to the core.

Hopefully Carol will be instrumental in helping Beth and herself escape from the crazy town hospital.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They are living in a world now where loss is the standard. They barely survive from day to day scavenging water and food. They don't necessarily have the luxury of performing a manhunt, without a clue or a lead. I agree the writers should show her having more concern for Beth, but cancelling the trip to D.C. to try and find her when they have no clue where she might be? She could be 100 miles away, in any direction. In our world, yes. In a world where you don't know where your own next meal is coming from, and where travelling is extremely dangerous. I don't think so. Once they find the solid lead on where she actually is, yes. But to cancel the trip and search blindly? It wouldn't be feasible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

She can't waste time looking everywhere for Beth when there isn't even a starting point. For all they know, Beth is on the other side of the country.

A tad more concern would be nice but as an animal lover it breaks my heart to watch this dead horse get beaten again. :"( </3

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah we've had this discussion several times... while I'm in the camp that would like to have seen Maggie say something anything about her sister at the church/before they left for Washington - I don't think she needs to have gone off to look for her, either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Right, and this is the ZA. Everyone has lost people. Every single character has loved ones that they aren't sure if they are dead or alive. We can't go looking for all of them. And we can't go looking for Beth just because she's a main character. :p

6. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would understand Maggie if she didn't want to look for Beth because there was no lead on her and the odds of finding her are extremely unlikely in this world. I just wish we'd have a 10 second conversation discussing it. Maybe it'll happen next episode, hopefully.

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Daryl went to get Merle who was handcuffed in place on top of a building, they didn't really think he was going anywhere. They figured he took the truck. Daryl didn't look for him after that, even though he believed he was alive, there just wasn't any place to start. Daryl lost the trail of the car that took Beth, and there's no where else to start.

#7 zombiemom62, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Esse

Esse Member

Daryl looked for Merle when he knew where he was. After losing his tracks he moved on with the rest of the group. Just like Maggie is doing.

We know Beth is alive and that she is 'near' them but from their POV she's already dead or in another state. That's why even Daryl - the one that some like to describe as the only one who cares about Beth- was ready to leave for DC with the others. No point in chasing ghosts.

Yeah, they should have shown some of Maggie's pain but maybe (and I hope) her silence is a sign - a sign that she's just bottling everything up and she will open up later. Some people are like that. It's been what? A week - two - from the attack at the Prison?

9. zombiemom62

actually closer to a couple of months, based on healed injuries, etc. so it's been awhile since Maggie has seen her, time to cope somewhat and for Daryl very recent, maybe a week, still fresh for him

10. Esse

Esse Member

:zombies_confused: wait ..

'No Sanctuary' happened the same day/the day after 'A' right? Where they on the road for more than 1 month and half to reach Terminus? °_°

11. Bethyl

Bethyl Member

I don't think the issue is of her not searching for Beth, but rather not even giving her any sort of mind. It seems like she doesn't even realize Beth exists. One line of dialogue would suffice, something akin to how Machoone said how she misses Andrea and Hershal; Maggie could say "I miss Beth..." something to clue us in that she even cares.

12. Neuropyramidal

Based on the best timelines people have come up with taking clues of all the groups, its been about 2 weeks since the prison fell. Bruises on TWD notoriously heal quickly. In Season 3 Glenn was basically 100% healed from his beating he took from Merle while tied to the chair in about 6 days or less.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Michonne said she misses Andrea after a full season went by without her...before she said it, did you assume she didn't miss her? My point is, just because they aren't talking about it constantly doesn't mean it isn't on their mind.

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Maybe it is simple...maybe they just aren't that close. It is not like they were inseparable partners prior to the fall of the prison. Maybe Hershel was their only real link to each other and now he is gone.

15. zombiemom62

from other sources I have seen though, it's kind of agreed that from Beth being taken and Daryl with Joe and finding Rick and getting to Terminus is about 1 week itself. From the fall of the prison to Still it appeared to be more that a few days had passed. Daryl had a black eye at the prison, right? and wasn't in gone by Still? that would be over a week? and then the conversation about the time frame between still and alone, is that the weather had changed, they were out of tank tops, and sleeveless shirts to jackets, and layers. Also if Beth was learning to track and shot the bow, that was not over night that she learned much of anything. So that is where it appears it was more like 6 + weeks. It would just make it so much easier to mention it to us. Maybe it just seemed longer to some of them than others. I bet Eugene talking dinosaurs and penny batteries made it seem like forever. lol

16. Neuropyramidal

Well, I think they only showed 3 overnights from the time Beth was kidnapped to A. Once with Joe in the woods, once with Joe in the car garage, and once when Joe tried to kill Rick. So more than 3 days would be speculation. The weather had changed because filming takes 8 days an episode, but I don't think they usually let that dictate the passage of time on the show. Based on adding up nights we actually witnessed, all of 4B is only about 10 or 11 days, and S5 so far is about 2.5 days. And they were in upper Georgia to begin with, [somewhere fairly close to Atlanta still] I feel like 6 weeks of hiking north on the tracks would have put them way out of the state of Georgia. Even if they only averaged 5 miles a day that would be almost 250 miles of walking. Plus 6 weeks of barely eating would produce noticeable weight changes. lol, I don't know, I think using clues like that can work both ways, so to me the best we can do is just go by what we know from show chronology, which is about 2 weeks.

17. zombiemom62

I know they love to keep us in the dark. lol. Just was thinking of Glenn, how long did they drive in that truck, several hours wasn't it? How far would they have traveled and how many miles per day to get back do you think they'd make walking? As for the distance the others walked, I got the impression there was a lot of circling going on around the prison hoping to run into tracks (Maggie and compass) so they wouldn't have traveled far away until they got on the tracks and headed to Terminus.

18. Neuropyramidal

yeah, and I think those are the types of clues which can work in favor of both arguments, which is why they are ultimately unreliable. For instance, Carol and Tyreese found the tracks almost immediately. It was like the next morning after the prison attack. Rick and co. found them very early on too. So we are basically forced to follow the chronology and anything beyond that is speculation with clues arguing for both a longer duration, and not a longer duration lol. Carol and Tyreese had been on the tracks for several days in Grove, yet they still saw the smoke in a very wide column from the house Daryl burned, and Daryl hadn't even found the tracks yet. And those burned walkers somehow made it where Carol was in a short time. There's basically no rhyme or reason to those types of things.

#18 Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  19. Esse

Esse Member

LOL xD

Anyway...

The weather can change drastically in the course of the same day/few days - during the trip from Terminus to the Church we saw Rick with the jacket and then just a t-shirt ie- and black eyes can heal in a week (not completely but) so I don't know if we can take those things as hints of the passing of the time.

Yeah, we can say that from Daryl meeting Joe and the arrive to Terminus passed roughly a week and I think we can safely assume that from the attack at the Prison to Beth's kidnapping was about a week too. Definitely not more than that.

Because if we stretch Daryl's time with Beth to 2/3 weeks that would mean that Joe and co, that at max were a day and half behind, followed Rick for a month before meeting Daryl without never reaching him. I really doubt that.

Another little detail that can help us understand how much time passed at that point is the scene of the candy bar wrapper. When Carl dropped it was about 2/3 days after Rick killed one of the Claimers (that happened on day 3 ) since their looks didn't seem that of people on the road for more time than that: Michonne's shirt was too clean, they were short on water but not food etc. So it happened around day 6-7 after the attack at the Prison. And we know that Joe's group stepped over it shortly after-- maybe a day, two later.

Basically Daryl's timeline should be something like:

Day 1 - The Prison fell Daryl+Beth escape together.
    Day 2 - They keep moving and spend the night hiding in the car.
    Day 3 - Beth wants to drink. Daryl found her the moonshine.etc.etc
    Day 4 ... - Daryl start teaching Beth how to use the crossbow. She 'hurt' herself. They arrive at the mortuary. She is abducted.

Day .. at max 7 - Daryl meets the Claimers.

+

another week or so to reach Rick and Terminus

= 2 weeks ca.

:zombies_confused:

20. miltk

miltk Member

in this world you need a start point. daryl already knew where merle was. daryl never gave anyone a clue as to where to start looking for beth...he said "she's gone". maggie and glenn followed the railroad tracks and the terminus signs. there was a logic to how these people were looking for each other.