Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who Leaves Their Sister Knowing She's Alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by FutureApocalyps, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

This would have been made so much better for me had there simply been a scene that showed Glenn and Maggie having a private conversation weighing the pros and cons. It would have a least shown some reluctance on Maggie's part about leaving Knowing that Beth may still be alive. I'm that guy that believes that the DC trip should have waited until 5b when they were all together anyways.

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

You have a goal, an end in sight. It gives you a reason to move on.

The only reason Beth was alive is because this is a show, and the writers deemed it. Anyone of us who would have been in her place would be dead. Who's to say a group like Joe's didn't kidnap her? She'd be dead within a day. Daryl had no idea. "She's alive," he says in the first episode of season 5. Quite a dumb line when he actually has no ****ing clue of her whereabouts.

Of course they would think she's dead lol. Have you seen all the crazies in this show? That's why the hospital arc was so stupid imo. Not a threat to be found in sight. These "villains" were horrible.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Since you clearly have your thinking cap on tonite, I think you should put together a 'what the hell is this shit" game for us this evening. :)

4. DietWater

I gotchu homie. I'll think of one when I get back from the campus bookstore after selling 5 of my books for $7.

5. Neuropyramidal

Isn't funny how when they sell them to you, they are worth 120 bucks, but when you sell them back they are worth a half eaten ear of corn?

6. DietWater

What's funny is that when I was going to community college I was able to sell 3 textbooks back and got about $100. Not bad at all. I think my highest was $117.

Now, I'd be lucky if they're even buying the book back.

7. Neuropyramidal

Hmmmmm. Well let's see, they were operating under the assumption that Eugene had been in contact with the medical facility in Washington, so from their eyes they would have known where the location was. And Washington is one city, whereas Beth could have been anywhere up to 100 or more miles in any direction. So....yeah..

8. Esse

Esse Member

Daryl just saw a car driving away.

They could have been people passing by - maybe someone like Joe's men as Dietwater said- they saw a cute girl, took her and kept going wherever they were headed.

Chose randomly two interchanges and hope for the same people that maybe are already in another state to pass by - for how long? Do you realize how unpractical with their resources and dangerous this plan is?

Daryl wanted to believe he was still alive, just like he wanted to believe Sophia was alive, that nothing could kill him - but hoping and being sure about it are two different things. For sure he felt extremely guilty of having given up. Remember his hallucination?

#48 Esse, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  9. Neuropyramidal

You should sell them directly to the incoming students yourself. ;). Or save them and use them for reference. :p. I'd probably just do that rather than take the 7 bucks. Then when you bring some new cool dude that you are into over to your house, you can prop them up on the mantle and say "ah, yes, my quantum chromodynamics essays, oh, I wouldn't want to bore you with that. Lets talk about you"....

10. DietWater

Rofl. What's weird is that my bro just called me and said he'd sell them on Amazon for me. Whatever. It's all bought with my mom's money in the end and not mine.

That sounded very douchey.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Where was Maggie supposed to look for Beth?

No idea who was driving this phantom car, no idea where it went, but let's just go look somewhere? (During the time where cannibals are trying to eat them & surrounded by herds of walkers)

Sure, let's aimlessly 'go look'

Has the audience become that dumb that Gimple now needs to add dialog in the scripts that should be just common sense?

It's her sister, of course she's worried about her sister. Does Maggie really need to state 'Geez I wonder where Beth is?' every 5 minutes?

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nope. Eugene just said, if there are people still in command, they'd be in Washington. He had NO specific place in mind. That's why the whole idea of them going was such an obvious crock. Not to mention any real scientist would be trying to write down something in case they died, so someone else could carry on for them. I freely grant you, that if Eugene had provided them with a specific address and said, "here, I was talking to these guys via shortwave, and we need to get me and/or this material to this spot..." I'd agree with you whole heartedly. As it is though, not a chance. Suspending disbelief to think he was for real is like suspending your disbelief that the van would land on its tires. It takes a lot more than believing in the ZA to begin with.

As for your assumption that "she'd be dead, LOL" that to me doesn't make any sense either. These people set up kidnapping drop spots then they... immediately kill who they capture? Why go through the trouble?

13. Morgotha

See my above post. Eugene never claimed to know where in washington he was going, so.... no.

14. Neuropyramidal

See common sense. Eugene had been in contact with them in the past by walkie talkie. They would have talked about their location. Also, he described what was there at the church. He said infrastructure, food, etc. So he claims to know about it. He'd know the locations. So....yeah...

15. Morgotha

Sure, they could be. If it was YOUR sister, you'd just shrug your shoulders and leave her for dead? With the exception of the one traveling road from season 2? everyone they've met have in one way or another been locals. It's therefore reasonable to believe they are locals too.

More dangerous how, exactly? We've already established the vast majority of people in the show are staying where they are, not moving from state to state.

The point is that he knew Merle well enough to know he probably WAS alive and being a mean sob somewhere, not lying dead hiding in a room.

16. Morgotha

Hey, where can I buy a walkie talkie that reaches 640 miles? If they were using ham radio (which bizarrely doesn't seem to exist on this show) to talk around the world, why'd he STOP talking to them? Why didn't he suggest to the group they get radios to commicate? so... no.

17. Neuropyramidal

Do you even believe what your saying anymore? The point is Abraham and others believed it. We are talking about the viewpoints of the characters, not facts about radiowaves lmao. So...yeah....

BTW, I've rarely seen a case crumble as fast as yours is crumbling right now, on these forums.

18. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

While I agree to a point that I wish there was 10 seconds of commentary from Maggie before the left for Washington about Beth - It can be assumed that with Michonne saying to Maggie "Beth is alive" - and her shocked reaction - that there must have been a mention somewhere off-screen by Maggie, assuming she was infact dead...

I mean that is the most likely scenario - and there is literally nothing she could have done at that point, anyway.

She was kidnapped miles and miles away, and about two weeks ago at that point??? With no leads, or direction to take. For all she knew, Terminus had eaten her, a Joe group had captured her as their slave, or worse. She was dead, despite Daryls ridiculous hopefulness.

19. Morgotha

Thanks, "Moderator" for being the first one to call someone "dumb" on the thread. and no, no one suggested they look for her while trying to escape mortal peril. But AFTER that, when the group has reunited, and are NOT under threat from cannibals why wouldn't Maggie want to return to where Beth was kidnapped and look for clues? (Maybe taking along Rick who's ((in theory)) used to looking at crime scenes) .

If you want to call the audience "dumb", why not ask how credulous the audience can be to believe in a magical impassable walker farm that shows up right when their firetruck breaks down forcing them to turn back from washington rather than continue. THAT didn't bother you as far as a plot device goes, but looking for Beth would?

20. Neuropyramidal

That's what I love about you. Your brains. And that one spot on your neck next to your ear.