Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who Leaves Their Sister Knowing She's Alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by FutureApocalyps, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You're always fun, Neuro, but when you decide to dodge, you always go the same way.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Exactly. we are in what's called a ZA, if I remember correctly. All the characters have close friends and family members that they dont' know for sure if they are alive or dead. Every single one. We can't go looking for all of them, just like we couldn't go looking for Beth, if we had no idea where she was. Its about brute survival, that would be the hard reality of the ZA.

#62 Neuropyramidal, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

This here is the problem. You're looking at it from the viewpoint of a viewer of the show, not the character. Of course we know that Eugene is lying and making up a bunch of shit, but our beloved characters didn't.

So really you're just going in circles hoping we say "gee, you've made us see the light Morgotha! Maggie is a horrible person!" but we aren't.

Again with your last sentence....THE CHARACTERS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHO KIDNAPPED HER!!! It could have been cannibals, it could have been rapists, it could have been Barney the purple dinosaur.

You're making it seem like all the characters are able to break the fourth wall and watch exactly what we watch.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. CheesyBirdMess

I often wonder if the same people would make the same argument for Andrea... Those bastards totally didn't go back for her - all winter long! There must have been clues right? Right!?

Sorry but this isn't Scooby Doo... the villains don't leave behind magical glowing shoe-prints leading directly to their lair.

6. Morgotha

First, you can believe whatever you want, I don't expect anything from you.

Secondly, I agree with you. Look at if from the position of the character in the show. How many people have they come across that have been telling the truth and been good people? NOT very many. But they just jump on Eugene's b.s. bandwagon without any proof whatsoever and decide to trek off to Washington? After living through the governor, cannibals, etc., if you were in Rick's group would you just take it on faith he was telling the truth and go?

Really?

7. Neuropyramidal

Wait, its not Scooby Doo? So then what exactly was Otis?

8. Morgotha

I make that argument for Andrea, from Andrea's POV. She was an **original member** of the group, and they just bail on her? She has the right to be Very p.o.'d at them IMO.

9. CheesyBirdMess

He was Santa... I mean hallo fat jolly guy... Then the torch went to Hershel... Then Beth... Now Rick and his epic beard! Huzzuh!

10. Neuropyramidal

If you had a choice between living in the ZA completely and utterly alone, or with just the hamburger helper hand, from the commercials, what would you choose. Assume the Hamburger Helper Hand did nothing but talk about Hamburger Helper.

11. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Rick and co trusted Abe's crew because Glenn and Maggie vouched for them. Glenn is like a weird hybrid brother-son to Rick at this point, so he trusts him. He listened to him to not go back to Terminus and he listened to him when he broke up the fight between him and Abe.

So if they didn't go to D.C. what would you rather have them do? The answer is clear - search for Beth. Maybe they could have found traces of blond hair 200 miles away from Atlanta. A clue! Very useful. Much wow.

Please. The group needed something to do besides sit there and be miserable, and D.C. was (at that point) the best option.

12. CheesyBirdMess

I have no idea what a Hamburger Helper Hand is... Is it like Thing from The Addams family? In which case creeepy!

I'd like being alone though. I like my solitude. Most people suck.

13. Neuropyramidal

14. CheesyBirdMess

15. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I love Hamburger Helper so much. It was a constant meal in college.

As for this topic, the odds of Maggie, or anyone ever finding Beth, are completely unrealistic, and in the real world, the chances ever running into someone in Beth's situation are as close to zero as you can get. There were no leads on where she could be other than a car with a white cross on it, which doesn't really help a blind search. It was a complete fluke of luck that the car that Daryl and Carol saw just happened to drive past them, let alone the one that was with Beth when she was taken away. Like, what was the group supposed to do if that car didn't drive by? Scream in the woods, waiting for Beth to appear? Just hope they run across a car again, while exposing yourself to the walkers and other bandits?

Also, comparing Abraham/Eugene/Rosita to other groups Rick has encountered is wrong. They helped save Glenn's and Tara's lives, Eugene went back to them to make sure they were alive at the tunnel, and they helped reunite Glenn and Maggie. DC offered them something to do, and was a source of hope. Abraham's group earned their trust. It's not like every person they ran into was bad as well, such as the survivors of Woodbury and all of the prison newcomers (like Bob, Tyreese and Sasha).

I do wish we had Maggie quickly explaining why she didn't look for Beth, but I don't fault her for not looking.

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Anytime "Morgotha" ...