Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who Let Negan Out?

Discussion in 'Episode 1004 - Silence the Whisperers' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Sneak peek spoilers.....

After watching the sneak peek for next week, I kind of took it for granted that Brandon let him out. He catches up to Negan, doesn't seem to care about capturing him, instead throws him a canteen, says "man you're fast, took me awhile to catch up", and Negan smiles. Certainly seemed to hint that Brandon let him out...

But the more I think about it....is this a possible misdirect? Or at least a partial misdirect. Maybe its Brandon, but at the order of someone else? Maybe this is the act of more than one person? If so, who? What reasoning would people have?

Lydia, I think they are playing at face value. She said she did it, but lied.

Daryl? His whole theme so far has been following the Whisperer's rules. However, maybe that's really how he knew Lydia didn't do it. Did he really keep watch "all night"?

Carol? Maybe this is her way of stirring up the war she wants? She knows Negan will do some 'messed up shit'. But it seems that would be a hard sell with Brandon.

Others? And why?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

At the end of the episode I was thinking Daryl.

It seems to fit his character, given he let Dwight go, and if his focus is on Lydia, having Negan no longer there would be good for a few reasons. He knows Lydia mixing it up with Negan isn't helping her acceptance. He also knows if they decide to kill Negan, it could drive Lydia away.

So to me Daryl makes the most sense. Plus it would be the more shocking reveal I think.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My first thought was Carol, but then I saw the sneak peek, and figured it was Brandon. But now you’ve got me questioning if my first thought is the correct one.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't know. He crossed my mind too, but it seems to be from Daryl's perspective letting Negan out could do more harm than good. The council's situation is very fragile right now, with people's faith in precarious state in regards to how they are handling the Whisperer situation. Then this Negan/Margo thing happens, riling people up even more. They should be worrying about rebellion. Further crumbling the public's faith by 'losing' Negan would probably not be wise. I'm not so sure this really help's Lydia's case. People want blood right now, and now that Negan's gone.....Hi Lydia, you're the runner up!

Also Daryl has been very wary about disrespecting Alpha's rules, which Negan will no doubt do.

to me, Carol makes the most sense. Carol's not really involved with the council, and cares much more about her personal situation right now. She wants a war, and this is probably the down payment on one.

We shall she. They could definitely play it as Daryl if they so decide. Part of me wants it to be Judith, but she was well off to Hilltop by then.

5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

You've convinced me. I now think it was Daryl too. And I like that a lot. Quite a few birds with one stone, smart move! I just wish we could have seen it, what was said.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In an earlier post had picked carol as an outside possiblility

• Like Like x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

First impression was Darryl, but now you've convinced me that Carol would be a far more interesting option.

8. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

If it was Carol, that would have meant taking a lot of liberties with letting go someone she had no direct conflict with. They've never even talked to each other once on screen (and I believe in this case it really means they've never talked). And I know she knows everything, and TF's loss is her loss, and all that, but I just feel Negan was not her prisoner to let go. Truly, only Daryl or Michonne could have made this decision, and for different reasons. So if Carol did it, it was done in a similar vein how she killed the two infected people back in the prison.
    Even if the reasoning was good. If we get to see in flashbacks what Carol said to Negan before she let him go, now that could be interesting. If she just unlocked his cell, I'd be disppointed. Whereas if Daryl let him go silently, that would still be meaningful, given their history. I really hope we will get to see it, or at least find out about the circumstances, not just the person.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Carol is also off in her own world now, still trying to get her mind together. I don't see any reason for her to let Negan go. If it's not Brandon then it's Daryl. He knows Negan saved Lydia and isn't going to let him be executed for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I hope so, it would really suck it if were Brandon. First because it would suck to end the episode on a cliffhanger just to give the answer away in a sneak peek/trailer the day after. What's the point of the cliffhanger at that point? Second, because it needs to be one of the main characters. Random dude releasing Negan doesn't have the same effect as Daryl or Carol doing it.

I wonder if Negan knows who released him? They could have done it while he was sleeping.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I never thought it would be someone other than Brandon. Interesting. My money is on Carol. She was up late wasn’t she? Didn’t like how the Negan drama was becoming a distraction from the true focus - the war against the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 1