Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who made this episode for you? Beth or Daryl?

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Joshua, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

As I said before, they were both great in this episode, but Daryl goes on the top IMO. Like we saw the old him. I'm also thrilled with acting.

2. ShamblingCorpse

For me, it wasn't either one individually that made the show. It was both and how they played off each other. Both had strong scenes and carried parts of the episode. I liked Beth calling Daryl out on his sulky behaviour and her honest appraisal of herself, Daryl for me shone when he stopped acting like a dick and showed something other than grumpy depressed quiet Daryl. Hell I preferred angry loud Daryl than quiet moping Daryl.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I give this a pass as she was just following Daryl. Kind of like when I used a map to find where I'm going, I'm plugged in enough to remember where I've been later, but OTOH when I'm just following the gps, I couldn't retrace my steps to save my life.

4. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

For me, there wasn't a "favorite". Beth came into her own tonight! I loved getting to know who she was past the singing and slinging babies. I've always been a Daryl fan, but in this episode, he became a real, RELATABLE character for me. Beyond this apocalyptic superhero he is a person with guilt and insecurities. When he broke down and cried, I emotionally invested in his character. The hug from behind with Beth was beautiful!

5. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

late reply but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQULo1b7OI

My point wasn't the face really, but more that it lasted maybe a second, no coughing, that then she said half heartedly that it is the most disgusting thing she ever tasted. I'm not sure about everyone else, but if I drank moonshine as my first drink when I was her age, I think my grossed out face would last a little longer.

And her second one she seemed to think it was water suddenly. Did the first one demolish her taste buds?

#45 jdawg011, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  6. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

Both, but more so Beth's moment...Daryl gets enough screen time as is, but he did his thing too.

7. Jimofthedead

Jimofthedead New Member

My favorite episode for the reasons you mention. Without the sub plots of "bringing people back to life" what are you left with? Senseless carnage, which I'm sure appeals to some, but not me. With Beth gone, I doubt I'll be watching the show. Lame choice to kill her off.