Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who the hell is feeding the Walkers & why?

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by raven n, Oct 21, 2013.

1. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Someone's feeding Walkers. Are they doing it to cause trouble? Do they want to kill everybody? Or do they see the Walkers as pets? What do you think?

2. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I don't know why, but I feel like I've missed something. People keep mentioning the walkers being fed, but I didn't see any evidence of that in episode 1. Maybe I missed something? Or is this supposed to be posted for episode 2?

3. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

It's in the beginscene, before the intro starts. Somebody hold some rats through the fence and the walkers bite their heads off.

4. The Walking Cas

same herrrrrr

5. raven n

They hint at it in the trailer, but show it in episode 2. some think it's one of the little girls, but others argue that the light is too high for it to be them.
    I just had a thought: Maybe one of the Walkers is a family member to one of the survivors & they (sort of) still see them as the person they were. That could be one reason for the insanity.

#5 raven n, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. misspink789

misspink789 Member

it was lizzy i think, remember when she was all giving them names and said that they were "just different" to carl. i think it was her

7. raven n

Maybe, but the flashlight was higher than her height & the walker was fed from a higher angle than her height, so it's possible we have a nutter or a 'Gov plant'.

8. misspink789

misspink789 Member

Hummm, very possible!

9. Tiffanydacat

Tiffanydacat New Member

I have a feeling it's either Tyreese or Lizzie. Tyreese, doesn't like killing the walkers, even admitted it to Karen, and he gets nervous when he sees a walker. Maybe? Lizzie, she practically names the walkers. She even cried when one of them died(nick).

10. raven n

Tyreese is sort of scared of them, so he wouldn't go near them on purpose if he didn't have to. I think it's someone else, but not sure who because Lizzie is too short to be the flashlight holder, so maybe one of the older people - a crazy or a Gov spy. which one of the women was the Gov sleeping with before Andrea & is she still alive?

11. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Here is my top 3 list who is feeding, 1 is strongest suspect.

1) Lizzie
    2) Random person so far
    3) Bob

I don't think any other person who we know so far, would feed them.

12. raven n

13. Tiffanydacat

Tiffanydacat New Member

Wait, what if it's Hershel? He did keep walkers and fed them while they were at the farm. Maybe?

14. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

15. steve175vs

steve175vs New Member

It’s Carl, he’s feeding the walkers to attract them to create more fear and convince his dad to give him his gun back. Remember at the beginning of the episode Rick said something to Carl about staying up all night reading comics with his flashlight, then the flashlight scene while feeding the walkers. This show is predictable in the clues it gives are so obvious it seems too likely. Everything about the first episode was a catalyst to the remainder of the season, the only thing I cannot figure out is the significance of the buried gun, they focused on it a little too much for it not to be important.

16. raven n

Carl - like the girls - is still too short to be the Feeder & EVERYONE there has a flashlight (there the latest accessory, along with guns knives & sticks with big nails in them). And not all is so predictable. Example: Milton setting fire to the Walker pit, I thought it was one of the henchmen. As for the gun, it symbolized Rick trying to get away from the violence that he had to inflict for over a year before trying to have a more peaceful (or as peaceful as you can be in the ZA) existance. You get tired of it after a while, believe me, & yearn for a little peace. The Feeder will be someone we've seen, but not really acknowledged - yet.

Hershel was feeding them only because he thought they were sick, now he knows better & would never endanger his daughters or the other children.

17. steve175vs

steve175vs New Member

I still think Carl, the whole dialogue between Rick and Carl about the comics and flashlight would otherwise be pointless mutter

18. raven n

Unless he shares that hobby with someone else. My money is on the recovering alcoholic guy or a female the Gov. slept with (if she's still alive & in the group).

19. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree.

Yes, it would create fear but it would also potentially put the group, his family in more danger - something current Carl would NEVER knowingly do under any circumstances. Besides, the executive producer and main guy behind the season confirmed that Carl wasn't trying to manipulate anything to get his gun back. Carl is very much his fathers son, he genuinely cares about how Rick thinks of him and he doesn't want to let him down. He got his gun back because of the illness outbreak - it not being safe inside and because he proved that he can be responsible with a gun such as when he helped save Michonne.

As for the Flashlight? Honestly, make of it what you will but I think it's nothing. Yes, TWD tends to leave hints but I seriously doubt this is anything. It was just one line. It was one line in a father-son bonding scene. It was quick and snappy and I don't think it means anything other then to give Carl more character. Sometimes the characters just chat a little, to present a sense of realism, not every line has to be all business or a line hinting at something bigger. Besides, that person feeding the walkers is too tall to be Carl. But the main reason is that it being Carl would go against his entire character for quite a few reasons. It just wouldn't make sense.

20. raven n

Whoever it is, they need to find & stop them before the Mega-herd gets there. I wish they would tale as many Walkers as possible, remove their arms & jaws, then secure them to the fences around the entire perimeter before the Mega-herd arrives; it might give them enough camouflage to hide until they pass on. And since they can't run with all the sick, it may be their only way to survive. They could also, if needed, send the Feeder on a little walk in the opposite direction ( if said person is A: not a child & B:a Gov spy), but only as a last resort. Even if their crazy, but I don't think they are.