Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who the hell think's Negan is a good guy?

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Weallgotit, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

People used to say this about the Governor. That the ZA just turned these guys into homicidal pieces of crap. IMO that mess has to be in your heart to be pushed to those murderous acts. It's all about intent and the methods you use. How about banning together with a group with the goal of survival. You find food and water, find shelter, fortify it and protect each other from walkers. This is what Rick's group does. Don't give me that Rick is just as bad crap. If Rick kills, it's to eliminate a threat and protect his family. Negan kills to punish and break the will of people he wants to control. He like the Governor and the Claimers chose to take from others and beat and kill others to get things and then call it survival. That's the mentality of evil, not good.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, there are many people here who don't understand the difference.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Negan is a sociopath, plain and simple. I don't know how it will be done or who will do it or even how long it will take but he needs to die. His type has to be eliminated for civilization to regain it's footing.

4. jujulita

jujulita Member

Negan is a total sadist. He probably was a sadist before the zombie apocalypse. The current situation just gave him a platform to act with total freedom. No way someone can think he's a GOOD guy. He may be charismatic, but that does not equal good.

5. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Thank you! Seriously, at the end of last season, there were so many trying to make the case, that Negan was some kind of benevolent leader.

No, he's a psychopath. He's kills for his own enjoyment. He was practically orgasmic over murdering two people in front of those who love them.

6. Ania

Ania Member

I actually kind of enjoy him in the comics bc of the way he interacts with Carl and swears a bunch. Seeing him played out on a show as a "real" person is VERY different to me. I don't sympothize at all with him.

7. Weallgotit

Exactly, he gets off on the misery he causes. He was probably going to make Rick cut Carl's arm off if Rick did not look at him with total despair.

8. lurkers&roamers

Just to play devil's advocate here, Rick's group did kill some of Negan's guys. A whole shit load of them. Some in their sleep. Let's be honest, that's damn cold blooded. Point is, I don't blame Negan for punishing them. Yes, we know Rick was commissioned by Hilltop when he heard what Negan is like, but in Negan's eyes Rick did start this.

All that said, yes he is sadistic. He is a psychopath. He is like Rick in that he does what he needs to do, but Rick has never enjoyed it in the way Negan does. I don't know what made Negan this way, or even if he was always like this. IIRC, it was alluded to in the comics that something happened to him. Regardless, I can't think of anything that would justify just how big of an SOB he is. He's a remorseless killer who I'm sure leads, at least in part, through fear. Hope someone, preferably Maggie, puts a bullet in his brain. Not too soon. He's a great villain and I want to see what else he has in store. But when his time is up, well...

9. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Most sociopaths and a good portion of serial killers are very charismatic. I've grown to love Negan in the comics, but his tv counterpart seems way more sadistic. I'm not going to love him anytime soon, but I still would love to do naughty this to JDM.

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes, psychopath, sociopath, whichever...
    I agree he's definitely not a good guy.
    However...
    And this is the really unfortunate part of this whole show...

Because in the end...

**** !!! SPOILER ALERT !!! ****

DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!

#10 8307c4, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

That is a great point, Rick did start this shit, thanks for reminding me.

12. purriwinkle

Some sooner than others though and Negan needs to go as soon as humanly possible.

13. iPOOP

iPOOP New Member

He is only retaliating, so I find nothing wrong with what he did. Yeah I will miss them, but Rick needed to be humbled.

14. Weallgotit

Does anyone else remember how Negan's people threatened Daryl, Sasha and Abe? What were they retaliating for? Not a damned thing. They had just trapped their latest victims. Rick knew of this and the threat that Negan posed. That's why he and the group took action.

15. purriwinkle

Nonsense. Negan has been bashing in heads, running his racketeering operation, letting his people go wild on other groups long before Rick and co got involved. They would have gotten to the ASZ eventually and there still would have been bad shit going down even if none of his people had been killed. Remember, It's his MO to come upon a group and kill one member right off the bat (no pun intended, lol) so if even a small faction of his force got eliminated by our group so much the better, IMO.

16. lurkers&roamers

I'm not denying that he's sadistic. And he probably would have run into them eventually. I'm saying that this particular incident was fueled by what Rick and co did to some Negan's group. Yes, Negan is sadistic, but I doubt in most cases he's quite THIS theatrical. I doubt that he usually does it with a couple dozen of his own backing him up. I doubt he usually takes the other group's leader out for a drive. Seems like these were special circumstances and he pulled out all the stops.

Again, not saying they wouldn't have eventually encountered them. Just that in this case the reason was the Rick attacked one of his bases and because of that he went all out in his torture.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Daryl is actually the first one to volunteer our group to take out Negan. He bargains with Jesus that the group will kill Negan and his men for "one of them cows". Granted Rick nor anyone else in the group spoke out against helping, but not all the responsibility of the offer and subsequent follow through of the offer should fall solely on Rick's shoulders

18. lurkers&roamers

Yes, that's another part of the reason Rick went after Negan. My point is that Negan doesn't know this. He knows those guys died, sure, but he had no way of knowing it was because of Rick's people. He just knows Rick as the bastard that sneaked into one of his bases at night and killed a bunch of his men as they slept. I mean, if some random group went into Alexandria and killed some people as they slept, we'd be clamoring for Rick to get his sweet revenge. We know better, but in Negan's eyes that is exactly what happened.

19. purriwinkle

Oh, I don't doubt that Negan decided to pull out all the stops with Rick's group because he had to. Rick's group was strong enough, and actually had the balls to come after his army, and were successful at it. He needed to break Rick and because Rick cared about his people he was able to find his Achilles heel. I don't read the comics so I don't know if Negan is always this theatrical but I have a feeling he probably is. He had so many of his people with him because Rick was a threat and he didn't want to take any chances plus he had to reinforce to his own that he still had the upper hand after all that had happened.

20. Weallgotit

I get what you are saying. But still, you can't go around bashing in heads and taking everything from others without expecting people to defend themselves. Some of his henchman were killed. So he played the ruthless gang leader as he should. But lets not pretend he gives a damn about his people. They are just numbers to do his bidding. Rick is the leader of a family. Not the same thing.