Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who would you keep as the CORE characters??

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by GrungeMan, Nov 29, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Personally, I think the show suffers from way too many cast members and isnt afforded the time (around 43 mins compared to GOT's 51-55) to manage all of them in a meaningful way.

The show does strongly when the cast is at about 10-12 characters... There are currently almost 20 with minor characters sure to become main cast approaching on the horizon.

Who would you keep and who would you cut?

I would keep:
    Rick, Michonne, and Carl of course

Maggie, Jesus, Dwight, Negan, Eugene, Rosita, Carol and Aaron coming in at second tier main cast

With Ezekiel, Siddiq, and psuedo-Dante (Dillon?) rounding out the remaining roster.

I would say my goodbyes now or in Season 9 to:

Daryl, Morgan, Tara, Gabriel, Gregory, Jadis, Enid, and Simon.

It's not that I dislike these characters, it's just that I no longer see their value on the show beyond this season. I actually like most of the characters I cut (the exceptions being Jadis and Tara). Each character could bounce back with a surprisingly entertaining arc, but I would simply prefer that the cast be reduced to a manageable size.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Rick, Andrea, Michonne, Carl.

End of list.

3. josephmitchell1

I pretty much agree with your list, with a few modifications.

Main core for me would be - Rick, Carl, Michonne, Carol, Negan, and Maggie.

Second tier would be - Daryl, Rosita, Tara, Eugene, Dwight, Jesus, Aaron, Ezekiel, and (moving forward) Siddiq.

I am either hoping or expecting us to lose a few people this season, and I would be shocked if that list doesn't include Simon, Gabriel, Morgan, ALL THE RUBBISH TIP BASTARDS, Jerry (we would all be gutted to lose the only comedic character, don't lie!), and Enid (as a shocker that really, nobody would care about).

Moving forwards, I am hoping to see Siddiq live up to his comic counterpart, and for pseudo-Dante to blossom a little, and hopefully get the return of Heath?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

Rick, Carl, Michone, Maggie, Jesus, Eugene, Negan, Dwight, Carol, Ezekiel, Aaron, Enid and Siddiq are the characters who are most interesting to me moving forward.

However, I do believe that with the right show runner and writers, a larger cast is manageable. In that case I’d like to see more of Jerry, Tobin, Simon, Heath, and the Ocean side crew.

5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I keep Michonne, Carol & Siddiq (by far the most interesting of the "new" characters). I guess I have to keep Rick for the show to go on. Daryl can stay too.

All the others can go too, especially all of the clownish characters like Ezechiel, Jesus, Negan (even though I like him a lot more than the others) and that newcomer Georgie. They ruined the realism of the storyline.

And if I could erase some departures, I'd take back Shane and Glenn (huge mistake to out him IMO).

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Actually, of the *current* cast I'd keep

Rick
    Michonne
    Maggie
    Carol
    Morgan

Everyone else dies. Season 9 is a soft reboot focusing on these five characters.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Keepers:

Rick (DUH)
    Jesus (bigger DUH) BUT give him an actual story please!!
    Michonne
    Maggie
    Abraham - I want him back!
    Sasha - I want her back!

I would also keep:
    Aaron
    Rosita
    Dwight
    Non-Savior Eugene
    Dianne
    Jerry
    Enid - The girl went toe to toe with Michonne, she has chutzpah
    Siddiq

I would rid the show of
    Daryl (DUH)
    Carol - unpopular choice here but I am tired of her story arc

On the fence:
    King Ezekiel
    Carl - just not sure if I want him back. So far I am okay with his absence

And Morgan can continue his journey to Texas. Will be interesting to see his character with a new group of people

#7 Dnae, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I have to put my spoiler box. It is just TOO awesome to leave out in the open. Here goes.....Now if you'll excuse me, i have a plane to take somewhere and hide from pitchforks and stones. LMAO