Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Whole world out there....

Discussion in 'Episode 913 - Chokepoint' started by Dnae, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Anyone think that Daryl will take off with his small group and break away from the communities for awhile or will he rise to the occasion and fight the good fight alongside them?

I cannot see Daryl leaving all the while knowing that the communities are all at risk from the whisperers. Just thought I would ask. Came upon an article headline that got me to thinking "what if"

2. Sully

Sully Active Member

Nah I think whatever goes down at Alexandria next episode is going to keep Daryl close to home.

Can't imagine Michonne being too thrilled about the Lydia thing though

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I'd be really surprised the show had Daryl take off on his own but I would find it interesting for sure.

4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

This is one of my bigger gripes with the show. Granted, we have the underlying premise of 'suspension of disbelief', because we're dealing with a show about zombies, for Pete's sake; And it's a TV show - people do dumb stuff on TV shows. It's not real life.

Now, with that out of the way, why, oh why, does it make any kind of sense that a person, ANY person - Daryl, Carol, Morgan - would think it a good idea to be alone, "keep moving", etc, etc in this kind of world?!? Sense - it makes none.

We all probably think that in a real-world apocalypse-situation we'd be able to make-do. The reality is, about 48hrs (or less) with zero electricity, we'd probably be "up the creek" and have panic start to set in.
    If you have folks around for support - a community with resources - a semi-safe place to rest - why does a rational person forego any of that. People just don't and wouldn't do that.

Okay. I'm done with that. (LOL)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I don't necessarily agree with that. I think the situation would bring out even more of who a person is byv nature.

Daryl is a loner by nature, he's more comfortable being alone with Dog and he's good.

Every time he gets close with someone they usually die and though deep down you can see he wanted a family, a normal family not the Merle abusive druggie family he grew up with. So he more or less tends to shut down when he gets too close to someone so it's not unreal for him to go off on his own.

And considering the shit he and the group has gone thru with "people", it would be hard to trust "people".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I lived in Houston at the time of Hurricane Ike. I was one of the lucky ones that I was without electricity for only 9 days. Others were without far longer than that.

On the second day my daughter and I were outside and we noticed that down the street a group of people/neighbors were grilling their frozen/refrigerated meat before available ice became an elusive commodity and patience hitting an all time low. Of course me with my Pollyanna hat was all "oh that is so nice to see" and my ever so pragmatic daughter was all "yeah until everyone goes all Lord of the Flies on each other" :D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not only Daryl but Connie. I cannot see Connie leaving her sister without so much as a word.

Considering what just happened at the construction site I can see that Daryl wants to take his rag tag group as far from the communities for the time being. He does not want to give Alpha and Beta anymore reason to attack the communities than they already think they have. As it stands right now the only community the whispering people are aware of is The Hilltop. I am guessing that Daryl wants to keep it that way as long as possible. Of course we all know that is going to go tits up in short order :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Wouldn't make sense to leave on their own as it wouldn't stop the Whisperers to go through Hilltop (and its people) looking for them.

Won't happen. Maybe they'll be late to the party to save everybody's ass, but they're back with the group in no significant time IMO.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Funny thing it was Daryl that told Andrea that you can't survive alone in this world right before she offed herself......I can't remember exactly what he said..........and then that's what he went to do after Rick "died".

I know he was grieving, but I just thought about that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ok I read this AFTER what I just wrote. Makes sense. Lol

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't make sense to me either that Daryl would take the small group to new worlds. Taking Henry away from his mom. And as others said, Connie would not leave Kelly. It would not make much logical sense either. They've been through so much, why would Daryl run off in fear of the whisperers attacking the communities? Lydia already told Daryl and they were going to kill everyone anyway. Its "what they do". So it makes much more sense that Daryl would head straight back to the communities to warn them, and start organizing a fight.

Maybe they knew that the hints about the third spin-off would be dropping around this time, and they wanted to troll fans about a Connyl spin-off. ;)