Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who's playing Fallout 4?

Discussion in 'Battle Royale and Video Games' started by QuantumCurt, Nov 15, 2015.

1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I finally got Fallout 4 yesterday, and I spent a solid 6 hours playing it right out of the gate. Calling this a good game is the understatement of the year. So far, this thing is a masterpiece. Very well done. The gameplay and combat mechanics are improved in all the right ways, graphics are amazing, the world is incredibly immersive, and the storyline so far is awesome. I'm not too far into it yet, but this is looking to be a very promising gaming experience.

Anyone else playing it?

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I got it on Wednesday. I've been playing it a little.

[​IMG]

(I fell asleep with the game on in the background on my computer, but still).

I haven't even made much progress in the story. I've spent a lot of my time just scavenging in the northern part of the map (I haven't even come close to exploring most of the map) and working on two of my settlements.

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I basically just got back to Sanctuary with the Minutemen. I'm still working on figuring out the workshop process and scavenging materials and stuff like that. There is so much depth to this whole system, it's unreal. At this point there's so much to do just at the settlement that advancing the storyline isn't even a big concern lol

4. ltomlinson31

[​IMG]

(You can also see my rather uncreative name for my Sniper Rifle, which is my main weapon. I mean my character is Tara and she has Andrea's Sniper Rifle somehow and Lucille, but whatever).

5. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Very nice. I haven't gotten to playing around with the weapon building yet. I've mainly focused on getting bases set up at Sanctuary and Red Rocket, and I've gone out and explored some of the surrounding area, and already discovered plenty of side missions. It's an amazing game so far, and I've barely even advanced the story line yet.

6. Lupey

Lupey Member

The game can be very overwhelming. There is so much in it. From crafting items, to the perk level and building your little bases with food, water, etc. I've done a lot of exploring and just picked up my second side kick though I am staying with dog. I don't like the way they make dog look when he is hurt. :( I quite playing AC Syndicate to start FO4 and it was WELL WORTH IT!

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

You're absolutely right. The world is so huge in this game. I've done a ton of exploring already, but I keep seeing all kinds of things way off on the horizon for future explorations. I just finished taking over a camp from raiders on one of the big highway bridges, and I can see big tall buildings way off in every direction. I'm looking forward to continuing all of the exploration. That alone is hugely entertaining without even advancing the main story line. Side missions can keep you pretty busy.

8. Lupey

Lupey Member

I am SO looking forward to building my own ASZ at Sanctuary!!!

9. ltomlinson31

I actually built a building like the armory and pantry at Alexandria. And I have part of a wall and a walkway too (where I also have a defence post with someone on watch) but I need to work on that more.

10. Taras Assistant

Taras Assistant Well-Known Member

I couldn't really get into the fallout games :( probably feel im missing out

11. Lupey

Lupey Member

Grab Fallout 3 and give it a try. Should be cheap now. Might get addicted like I did to them ;)

12. Lupey

Lupey Member

[video=youtube;gVprUJse1MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVprUJse1MM[/video]

13. Lupey

Lupey Member

Who is base building? I thought the castle was the best UNTIL i found

14. Revan Shepard

Revan Shepard Well-Known Member

I've started playing Fallout 4 the very minute it released. Still am. 100 hours into it. I waited 5 years for this game and it was well worth the wait :)

After finishing the main quest and hitting level 50, I'm finally focusing on settlements and I like some of the ideas you guys have. F&cking love this game!

15. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I've been focusing on the settlement building a lot the last few days. This is really an awesome setup. I've mostly been building in Sanctuary so far. I've got a couple of big 4 story buildings there now. One of them is a heavily multi-purpose building. The whole first floor is a fully furnished bar/restaurant, and the second floor has a trading post, gun, armor, and clothing shops, and a medical station. The third floor is a bunk house full of beds, chairs, and tables. The fourth floor has guard posts installed in every side of the building with turrets and more guard towers on the roof.

The other building hasn't really been furnished yet. The top floor is the only part that has, and it's basically my personal penthouse. I've got my bobbleheads on display there, with all kinds of other decorations, and a couple beds so my companion has a place to sleep too. I built it with a walkway all around the outside of the upper floor too so I can use it as my personal sniping platform.

The settlement building in this really is fun. It just gets overwhelming when you start finding more and more settlements. I'm trying to get all of them established and it's quickly showing just how important it is to pick up all of that salvage.

16. Lupey

Lupey Member

I'm playing the un-patched version but there are a lot of great vids on youtube about buildings. Tips on how to get it through objects like making a treehouse etc. This guy has some good tips if you haven't figured them out yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CR8nOTDhh8

17. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Currently playing Fallout 4, mostly base building activities as the mission/quests in the game are really generic and get stale very quickly. I was enjoying the game quite a bit at first but the longer I play the more of a glitchy mess it has become. Lots and lots of settlement glitches...sigh.
    I am looking forward to the console versions getting mod support though...hopefully some will add a significant amount to base building. Need more variety!

18. Lupey

Lupey Member

What settlement glitches have you found? I have found most of the tricks/tips to fix the ones I found. Like the concrete blocks on stacking on top of each other. Use the ladder with the platforms and the click right in.

19. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Oh I'm just having issues with it claiming I have 30-40 survivors per settlement, no water, food, defense when there is plenty, people getting stuck on objects or not doing the things I've assigned them to do. Stuff like that.

20. Lupey

Lupey Member

Dang. I'm only at 13 at my biggest one. I hope they get that fixed before I get there!