Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why are Glenn & Abe buried at hilltop?

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Kill Judith, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

Does not make any sense. Why did they not take the bodies back to Alexandria and have him buried with the community? The end of Ep1 showed Rick driving away so its not like they walked back to Alexandria....

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Good question.

3. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

Two sides to this argument:

1.) Maggie was going to The Hilltop already, and knowing she would likely need to stay there because of her health and baby she probably wanted Glenn to come with her and be the one to bury him. Seeing as Sasha had agreed to take her, also not knowing how long they would remain there, she probably wanted Abe with her as well. But...

2.) I agree that they should have gone back to ASZ. That was their home and where their true family was. Whether Maggie and Sasha knew they would be at The Hilltop for an extended period of time or not there is no way they thought that moving there would be a permanent thing. So, it would have made more sense for them to be buried back where Maggie and Sasha would eventually return and live.

4. Chiron

Chiron Member

I got confused by the whole logistics at end of the premiere. Maggie stood up supposedly to go to Hilltop to save her baby and Sasha said " I will take her" in that somewhat cringey lil speech. Then Rick and co helped move the bodies and we saw the RV driving away. Given that the whole premise of the premiere was that all roads to Hilltop were blocked by the Saviours ( and Simon and cohorts knew they were going there supposedly) I was surprised to see Glenn and Abe buried at the Hilltop. Did Rick drive everyone there? And then head back to ASZ? Or did Sasha and Maggie take the bodies there in another car?
    Simon seemed to be fishing for a link between Hilltop and Rick. No one mentioned Gregory's head either so I guess the outpost acting on behalf of Negan from Not Tomorrow Yet never communicated that deal to Negan? I dunno I was somewhat confused to see the graves there. My head hurt a bit from working out the inconsistencies so I just said sod it and had another beer.

5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Great points all around. It also makes no sense Maggie and Sasha would take the bodies on their own. There's no guarantee the Hilltop would accept the bodies buried there. Especially since they don't bury their own. Who buried the bodies anyway? I can't imagine the Hilltop jumping at the chance either. Maggie's too weak, so Sasha has to do everything herself?

Really, the primary reason they went to Hilltop was get Maggie medical help. I'd assume Maggie and Sasha went on foot when they split off to avoid detection after the finale, but there's no way they can carry bodies with them like that.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Sasha buried the bodies.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[MENTION=106452]Chiron[/MENTION] [MENTION=16592]No.Pantaloons[/MENTION] at the end of episode 1 Negan stated "I'm gonna leave you a truck. Keep it to cart all the crap your gonna find me"

So they had the RV and the truck to make their way to ASZ and Hilltop

#7 Dnae, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  8. calliope

calliope Active Member

Which then raises the question of why Negan isn't looking for his truck. He wants every gun down to the 22 accounted for, but doesn't ask where his truck is? And the Saviors at the Hilltop didn't notice it? I guess it's feasible that people from the ASZ who were scavenging had it out on the road had Negan asked, but it would have been good to tie up the loose end.

9. Znuts

Znuts Member

It looks like Maggie and Sasha wanted to bring Glenn and Abraham with them to Hilltop and when Sasha found out that they were going to have to stay at Hilltop for a while, she just buried them.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Taking stock of vehicles at Hilltop was probably not on Simon's list of priorities. He was hitting a determined stride on his way into the Barrington House and more than likely oblivious to anything other than his intended destination.

In my opinion where the truck is or why someone from the sanctuary did not notice the truck is a fairly insignificant plot point to warrant tying up in a neat bow. But hey, to each their own. I mean I gave a quick eye roll about random pairs of skates in suitcases on the side of road.

11. Chiron

Chiron Member

If Sasha carted the bodies to Hilltop with Mags in Negan's truck, I still don't get how they got there with all the roadblocks ( mountainous pile of burning logs etc etc etc). I thought they were going on foot as it was close and to avoid detection. I misinterpreted that. The Gregory fake head business was sorta annoying as you would think if Simon is Negan's deputy he would have known from the outpost that the leader of the Hilltop was toast. And if everybody at the outpost was killed so the Gregory head was an unknown, how did Negan know it was Rick and crew that did the deed? That was mentioned so many times as the reason he and Dwight pulled out all the stops to teach Ricky a lesson.
    Some of these plots took entire episodes to map out in S6. I don't expect an explain for everything off camera but some things should be a trifle consistent. Sasha could not have buried both Glenn and Abe. It took three of them to lift Abe and same with Glenn esp. with the state of them. Maybe Jesus helped. Apparently he always does. Or somesuchthing written in this book called the Bible.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I would assume that since the outpost peeps still had the Hilltop guy as a hostage while awaiting the arrival of Gregory's head, that Negan, Simon and all others were in a holding pattern awaiting word if Gregory had been killed. Since all the people from the outpost were killed at the same time that the fake head was presented to them Negan and all were unaware if Gregory had yet met his maker.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It is also possible that when they were taking down the Outpost the smaller group who snatch The Queen Rhee and Queen Bitch Carol radio ahead and let the main savior compound know that some shit was going down and provided a few details but not enough to tell the whole story as they didn't know it all yet anyway.

Who knows? A lot of crap went down there and the loose ends are still flying in the breeze about it !:zombies_blush:

14. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

It's not any big deal far as the overall storyline goes though I was surprised to see the bodies at Hilltop. As has already been mentioned, last we saw Rick's group was carrying the bodies - I assumed they went into the RV with the rest of the group leaving Maggie and Sasha to make their way alone to Hilltop. Maggie being so sick it made sense the two would go on their own.

I mean don't you think someone at Hilltop would have noticed when Mag & Sash pull up in a truck with two bodies with no heads?!?!? The show made it plain Hilltop's fearless leader knew nothing about the bodies until he saw the graves.

Again overall storyline it's not that big a thing; just a really sloppy editing job as far as how the bodies got where.

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe but Gregory didn't even realize that Sasha was not one of his people so no I am not surprised that they didn't notice or care who came in and buried the dead,even if they do usually burn them there.
    Maybe the others thought they were planting crops in the dark?

16. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

It was daytime when Mag & Sash finally made to Hilltop? The confrontation with Negan took place at night and into the early morning hours. After he left, Rick's group were in daylight.

17. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

I also wondered about that. But I guess, the writers didn't think the watchers of the show would be observant enough to notice. They wanted to show the two as mourning widows by the graves of their beloved ones. So, the graves had to be where the widows were. Who cares about logic and plotholes at this point? ^^

18. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

That's where Glenn is buried in the comics, so the show decided to leave that part alone.

It appears that Maggie will gain prominence at the Hilltop, more than likely so - Glenn doesn't need to find her anymore, she know where he is at all times.

#18 RicksdaMan, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Why were they buried at the Hilltop??? Duh! The soil at Alexandria has more clay and rock in it. It's harder to dig into. A logistical nightmare. They don't have ALL DAY to bury bodies. This is common knowledge.

They also buried them at Hilltop because of the PH levels in the soil. But don't get me started on that.

20. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol: