Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why are Glenn and Maggie alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Morgotha, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The governor goes out and assaults the national guard for pete's sake. Now that he knows what he wanted from Glenn and Maggie, and seeing how he does NOT want Andrea to meet them, why hasn't he just killed and dumped them?

Other than for suspense building, of course. Any REAL reason he'd want them alive?

2. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I still don't know if the govenor truly believes them. He's a lets see if there telling the truth then off them type of guy. For all they know it could be still over run by Walkers. I'm guessing the Guv. is still skeptical

3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Even skepticism shouldn't have kept them alive. The second Maggie opened her mouth they should have both kissed this mortal coil goodbye.

4. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Merle told him that taking the prison from the walkers was impossible, yet a small group of people did exactly that. IMHO, He is simply waiting for the recon team to come back with intel. Then he would kill Glenn and rape and kill Maggie.

5. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

He can use them to entertain Woodbury citizens at the arena (that's what the preview seems to suggest), make up a story about how they tried to sabotage the community and are some a group trying to take over Woodbury. He couldn't risk brining National Guardsmen to Woodbury.

They can also be used as hostages, since the Governor fears their group looking for them. More useful alive than dead in either case.

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Again with the raping? TV Gov, so far to my knowledge has not raped anyone. I know this is about a TV show, but seriously show a little respect...that shit is not funny.

7. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

No it is not. I am going off of the way he kept rubbing up against her.
    I didn't make a joke, It is what I think he is planning. BTW this is the FIRST time I have mentioned the Gov and rape so please don't go ballistic on me because others have mentioned it.

8. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Yeah even though rape isn't easy to talk about you can definetly tell that was what the governor was thinking. He's perverted.

9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I didn't mean you particularly. Sorry if it came off that way.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i DO believe rape could easily happen though it might not. i think he's just waiting for intel before he kills them.

11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Leverage. Governor is threatened by their group. regardless of their size, they represent a formidable opponent. if they show up at Woodbury, the ability to threaten killing Glenn and Maggie is a bargaining chip that they may need down the road

12. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The Gov gets off on torturing people. That's why they're not dead. There's still plenty of fun to have with them from his point of view. Plus he can use them as leverage.

13. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The governor will definitely wax glenn and maggie, but in different ways.

14. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik New Member

The gov. is a cunning man and would never waste a hostage until they no longer have any value.

15. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I think he's going to wait and see if Maggie was telling the truth first, and then he might want to keep them around just to entertain himself. They aren't like the military guys. There are only two of them and they aren't armed. They aren't much of a threat, and something tells me The Governor wouldn't mind having a couple prisoners around just because he's a prick. He can still use them as leverage against Rick's group if he feels he has to, and can still rape Maggie... He probably wouldn't want to rape a zombie / corpse, so he won't kill her yet if he's got that on his mind. But then, if he did want to rape a zombie, I wouldn't be surprised. Can the zombie disease pass from person to person that way? Is it an STD? Milton needs to do some experiments with that...

16. Sterling

Sterling New Member

Hope that's alot of off scene stuff if they ahhh, take that route :D

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, they are still valuable.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The trouble with the above is the the governor appears to truly want Andrea to be a wife-replacement. Keeping those two alive definitely reduces the chance of that happening. If for sure won't happen if they ever speak to the governor about what they've been through at Woodbury, so he can't let them go and risk them coming back.

His best course of action is just to kill them.

19. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

These are my thoughts as well.

20. Dead man walking

Like one guy said before, leverage. If Rick's group attacks they can hold them hostage. If you kill them, well you have nothing to use to gain the upper hand. Simple.