Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why are our characters being SO STUPID???

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - Here to Help' started by Lindigo, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

HOW can they possibly not know that someone might be willing to take advantage of them? Especially when it has been months and they have had zero success in finding people who think joining up with strangers is a good idea. Why is our group not constantly wary?

I am incredulous. The children got it. When they were leaving and the adults said, You should stay with us--we can take care of you--I just rolled my eyes. The only reason the kids might stay with the adults is to take care of THEM. And they know that's a bad deal.

Great, you want to help people. I like that. But you don't lose your survival instincts. This was such a disappointing first step of the season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I see where you are coming from. You’d think they would be more careful than that. Regardless I thought it was a good episode, and makes me want to see more. Who is this armored person and how will they defeat Logan? What’s up with the radiation signs and creepy walker barricades? How will Daniel react upon seeing Strand? Will we see the three orphans again and what will their role be? Charlie and Annie as BFFs?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindigo

Oh! I agree!! I am totally looking forward to the season. All of those things are terrific. Did you see Talking Dead? Apparently irradiated walkers are harder to kill than the usual kind. :eek:

4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen it yet but it’s on my watch list for today! Irradiated walkers oh boy LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

They certainly took a few steps back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

and now I cannot get this damn song out of my head

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

I love the way your mind works. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Blame Morgan, he's been like this for years. The guy is like another virus: infecting others with his philosophy of nonviolence and naivety, and later he'll watch in shock as they die.

#8 Rapscallion, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

All I know is that when Matt "Trashcan Man" Frewer shows up in anything, it's going to be a bad day!!

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

What's worse about them getting tricked is that this is the second time it's happened to Alicia. You would have thought she would be smarter by now.

Hell, Strand knew about their mission and he's the one who yelled at Alicia for falling for the same trap over 3 seasons ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Another question I have too is where did they think they'd land that plane? I can understand wanting to use a plane to bypass potential dangers on the road, but where were they planning on setting it down ? Also if you have plane problems (which they did) you've now become stranded, which is worse than having driven in the first place.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Pretty sure I have the CD at home....... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Its stuff like this that really drive me crazy with this show, and to a lesser extent, TWD. I've said it a million times; I get it - it's a show about ZOMBIES! There's obviously a heavy dose of suspension-of-disbelief needed, but when they write these people doing the stupidest stuff like acting sooo naive and getting snookered again, and getting trapped out in the wide-open....IN A CAR at the ball park............. Writing like that is just plain bad....BAD!

I think the answer to your question is our characters are being stupid because they have really bad writers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

Yes! The writers on both shows seem to have no understanding of basic human psychology. It drives me NUTS. We watch it to imagine what life would be like, what any of us would do in this world, and we know these are things we NEVER would do. I always get over it and shrug it off, but it's maddening. And it isn't stupidity per se that bugs me. I'm sure I would do totally different stupid things. I wouldn't do them over and over, though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

I didn't even think about that. So where is our rescue pilot going to land?? Maybe they manually cleared off the tarmac of an actual airport somewhere?

16. PepperAnn

Their complete acceptance of the kids was so stupid to me. They’re all COME BACK! Lmao

Kids were all **** you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

And this wasn't some random location, it was one of Clayton's truck stops. So not only did they know exactly where it was, they had a map laying out the roads. There was absolutely no reason to fly there, with a novice (at best) pilot when they could have driven there. Sure Logan told them he was surrounded and they needed to arrive quickly. But to take the chance and risk their lives flying a plane with no idea where to land is just stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

They had a highway to land the plane on.

20. Lindigo

Yes, if they had completely cleared enough of it. Easier to drive around a random deserted vehicle or fallen tree branch or boulder than land a plane.

• Agree Agree x 2